Video Head Recommendation?

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone have a recommendation for a descent video head that doesn't break the bank?

Ideally that takes Arca type plate.

Not worried about size and weight, just something as smooth as possible without selling a kidney :)

Thanks.

Just ordered a discontinued Vanguard 123v for £95 delivered.

I've had good luck with Vanguard products in the past (main tripod is an ABEO 323CT with BBH200) and this head looks quite good from the info I have found.

Fingers crossed :)

Seems my luck ran out, had an email a couple of hours after ordering cancelling and refunding.

Ended up ordering a Manfrotto 500AH, which does look good but no Arca plate. Guess I'd need to swap plates anyway to get the balance so maybe this is a good choice (find out tomorrow).

I briefly had a 500AH on my backup tripod and it is a really nice small video head, great for the price.

Assuming your tripod legs are not the levelling kind, you probably need to get a levelling base for the head as well. Otherwise you'll spend an inordinate amount of time faffing around adjusting the height of your tripod legs each time you set up a shot.

I briefly had a 500AH on my backup tripod and it is a really nice small video head, great for the price.

Assuming your tripod legs are not the levelling kind, you probably need to get a levelling base for the head as well. Otherwise you'll spend an inordinate amount of time faffing around adjusting the height of your tripod legs each time you set up a shot.

Funnily enough, my Vanguard order was cancelled by the seller (out of stock) so I ordered the Manfrotto 500AH. Really pleased with it so far :)

Back