View towards Carnedd y Cribau from Glydyr Fach

My word there are some comments on this one, and I'm not sure if its very helpful to get so personal. --That said I really like the original picture, Its a superbly moody and bleak, --nice one Rory,

Geoff

A warning has been given for this post
Fantastic shot yet again and sorry to say this but Kodiak's rework of the image is PANTS far to harsh for the conditions...funny isn't it he NEVER posts any of HIS pics on here

Dave
Stop being a MOD EDIT:OI.. Language, I've seen images from Kodiak on here.

Perhaps if you contributed a fraction of what he does then you might have less time to make snide remarks

So much for the friendly forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if people didn't agree with Kodiak's careful critique of images they could provide some themselves, rather than an unhelpful ego boost to the OP. If you've nothing more to say than the equivalent of "I like your picture" then you'd be better off just clicking the 'like' button.

It's not just a graphic exercise,, but about a sense of place.

Totally agree. I think you can see Rorys connection with the landscapes he photographs.

I have no issues with different viewpoints and one of the great things about landscape photography is how we all see exactly the same thing with different eyes. Sometimes we can't see a shot for looking whilst the person beside us comes away with a fabulously individual image. We should just enjoy the fact we have different viewpoints. Photography seems to be getting too competitive an edge and whether thats to do with all the social media comps and likes I don't know but either way I think we should just relax and enjoy the landscape and the way different folk interpret it.

A warning has been given for this post
Stop being a ****, I've seen images from Kodiak on here.

Perhaps if you contributed a fraction of what he does then you might have less time to make snide remarks

So much for the friendly forum
Obviously you are the a******e of this site ...if you aint got anything better to say then simply do one and go away you d******d

Last edited by a moderator:
Right folks, enough with the slanging match - one or two warnings handed out, next person to comment on anything other than the actual photo's gets a nice little holiday.

Play NIce or play elsewhere. IS THAT CLEAR ?

I think the light is nice, but without a strong focal point I'm not being drawn in (if that makes sense). My first thoughts are that this would look well as a large print, hung in an office as the background image to an inspirational quote (where your watermark is). I just think it needs something more, something to compliment it, but not more processing.

Right folks, enough with the slanging match - one or two warnings handed out, next person to comment on anything other than the actual photo's gets a nice little holiday.

Play NIce or play elsewhere. IS THAT CLEAR ?

+100

Mj

Not that keen on either photo, but I use a smallish laptop, so difficult see the whole...........

Also seen several of K's photos here as well. take a look at his webpage if you are not convinced...........

Mj

:olympus::agree::agree::agree::agree::pint::pint:

Also seen several of K's photos here as well. take a look at his webpage if you are not convinced...........

You're quite right, Mark, and the Staff are well aware that the member has posted a number of photographs... as for anyone else who doubts this, they're welcome to use the forum search and find out for themselves. Now, As I said earlier - back to the OP's photograph please and no more sidebars on other members work please...

I think the light is nice, but without a strong focal point I'm not being drawn in (if that makes sense). My first thoughts are that this would look well as a large print, hung in an office as the background image to an inspirational quote (where your watermark is). I just think it needs something more, something to compliment it, but not more processing.

For me, the lack of focal point as such is its joy. Its a lovely expansive open view and that in itself is a joy to behold. IMHO.

Some images work OK when small, but those of wide landscapes seldom do, and need to be viewed large - just as one would look at the landscape itself - to be fully effective. This seems just such a case, and even when filling 2/3 of a 24" screen it's still a bit small - would look nice printed up 24X16 minimum, though in that case I'd probably try to lift the ground area a bit further to prevent shadows seeming to block up when viewed by reflected light.

Back