Viewing all week

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all have booked appointment to view 6 different venues this week for our studio, starting at 11.30 today, i will take some pics and put them on here for comments please be as honest as you can it will all help in the end,

Regards Mark.

Hope you get on well with it Mark, please do post on here and don't forget to let us know about approximate locations, it will help with context.

Hi and nite all ..shattered after all that looking.. been to view 7 places today, 4 shopping units, 3 offices, we have narrowed it down to a unit 600sq feet, empty and a prime location, very good foot fall and good prices as well, negotiation time next, have worked out packages for customers, nearly got a name was just about to tell the web designer when the wife changed her mind :bang:, sorted e-mail as well and she changed her mind :bang:, arranged prices for special order ... acrylic, canvas, poster, all sizes up to A1 , lay out of studio, had a chat with my son the carpenter :shrug: i still think he's a chippy :) for fitting out, well busy day, thanks for the interest. i will put up some pics but there terrible and don't give a good impression so i will do before and after shots later on.

Regards Mark. off for my happy pills

Hi all well i have just 2 more viewing left at the end of the week, i have placed a interest in one unit to the agent, started negotiations

. We would be looking for a 3-5 year lease with a 2 year break clause.

2. We would also require a 3 month rent free period in the first year and a further 3 month rent free period in year 2 due to the current economic climate.

3. We would like consideration of an exclusivity clause whereby no other photographic companies can operate for the term of the lease. This would include photographic companies who let temporary floor space

4. For the unit to be ‘made good’ ie, the walls to be studded and plastered and the ceiling tiles to be replaced. The actual internal structure and flooring for the unit we would undertake ourselves as this has to be specific to our needs.

5. We would also require installation of phone and internet service.

6. We would require the existing electrical sockets to remain accessible.

not much in the prsent econmic climate but its a start the wife typed the top bit so i guess you can all undertand it.anyone else add anything apart from my dodgy photos...:crying:

Regards Mark

That sounds like a lot to ask for....but then again I've never rented commercial property! :)

It is all beginning to sound very good anyhow, and I wish you all the best!

That's a standard deal you go in high (well me literally) and they come out low, you meet in the middle, when the lease is sorted, go for a discount on the service charge, as we will be Eco Friendly with very little waste, but that's a separate deal.. sorted the IT yesterday, as a new business we get 23% off rates so not bad either

Dell dual core system Two Hard drives 1 a 160 gig, one a Terra bite
2 screens 19"
Communication between all three screens ( third a LCD )
maxed out memory 3 gig ram
up graded graphics card For the LCD 32" or 37"
editing on one hard drive
networked for home and editing room + reception
windows Vista (Which i like)

fully installed under a grand

was going to go with touch screen but can not be bothered cleaning them every 2 Min's

Regards Mark

the one i viewed today was a dog of a place ... but the contact agent was great and he had a good portfolio of council building which are dog cheep.

In my limited experience you'll have a hard time getting the place made good and two rent free periods. Commonly the new tenant would negotiate to improve the premises in exchange for a rent-free period.

Depending on how long the place has been empty, I think you'll have a pretty hard time getting the landlord to pay out for improvements.

Best of luck though, all sounds very exciting :)

Hi and thanks, yes we are hoping to meet with the deal somewhere in the middle.:thinking:

Regards Mark.

That sounds like a lot to ask for....but then again I've never rented commercial property! :)

It is all beginning to sound very good anyhow, and I wish you all the best!

Hi as we all thought they came back with 3 months rent free and we do the work inside.:nono:

Tiles for ceiling £2-3 grand + walls made good + electrics + Water and floor= 4 grand , and it's not our unit at the end, they came back with it's risky with a new business and worried about us not paying the rent .:cautious:
So came back with the offer of 3 years rent up front no increases, with 6 months discount and they do the work in there unit, we do floors.;)

Lets see

In my limited experience you'll have a hard time getting the place made good and two rent free periods. Commonly the new tenant would negotiate to improve the premises in exchange for a rent-free period.

Depending on how long the place has been empty, I think you'll have a pretty hard time getting the landlord to pay out for improvements.

Best of luck though, all sounds very exciting :)

With the recession looming we have 3 or more options

1, carry one as planned
2, kick back and wait for the right deal
3, go to Spain and start there
4, kick back do nothing :naughty: wife is in this camp at the MO, the children are at a awkward age(whens the right age my eldist is 22 and still awkward) lol and i would want her there full time, but she says this is not a final answer.

Awaiting the owners reply from the agents.

Regards Mark.

had a update on the let, i offered them 3 years rent up front with 6 months taken out, with no increases, so they could trust the new company financially, it's a family who owns the unit and they lives in London, a High fly-er :wave: well she is prepared to except the 3 years rent;) , but wants us to do up the unit, this is a 3 grand + ceiling:nono: + we would be leaving it in top notch condition, and easy to re let, My wife's advice was she has never heard of a ex tenant taking the ceiling, so we stopped negotiations, well at least she will have to pay the business rates on the empty unit by the end of the year, so this could be an incentive for her to put the unit into some kind of let-table state, 3 grand + :nono::nono: she thinks me :wacky:

the photography studio is still on the cards but with a different twist, with another venture we have running in tandem, catering for the all paying holiday market, and no one has thought of this before ????

regards Mark

Our new venture involves one of these wood cladded on the outside to fit in photography cabin so we would make it look like what ever we wanted, it fits in with our holiday home,<<our holiday home is not a port-a-cabin:LOL: so we could make the most and best of both worlds,

Back