Viewing galleries

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Help!!

Unfortunately Matt's advice regarding anti spam in Norton Firewall didn't help as this is an older version (2002) without that feature.

This is what I see just now

http://premium1.uploadit.org/scottydod//access.jpg

Have tried taking all security setting down to minimum but the only thing that works is turning it off. Smilies appear as text, except for "shock" and "cool" for some reason. Using firefox 1.04.

To permit your Internet browser to display the Web page or the missing parts of the Web page, configure the Norton Internet Security Advanced Options to override Ad Blocking for this Web site. This process requires creating a rule that permits the HTML string for the site.

Instructions for this can be found here

This version doesn't seem to have that feature. I spent a good bit of yesterday repatching so I don't know.....
However by enabling referer I can now see the galleries although there are still issues with the pages. I'll clear the cache.

Anyone know if this setting is safe?

http://premium1.uploadit.org/scottydod//access2.jpg

Does the gallery work if you turn Norton off?

Steep said:
Does the gallery work if you turn Norton off?

Yep, think I've got it fixed. Had 2003 on a motherboard install disk so tried that and all seems fine again.

Isn't it bit odd that Norton is thinking parts of this site are ads, including the galleries?

Putting Norton and thinking in the same context is wrong Pete. :) Personally I'm a great fan of the 'free' firewall, I use Kerio these days and have not had any problems with it.

Steep said:
Putting Norton and thinking in the same context is wrong Pete. :) Personally I'm a great fan of the 'free' firewall, I use Kerio these days and have not had any problems with it.

Hehe definetly :) We use the corporate edition at work and its been very interesting :) Kerio is definetly great for home use.

Tip: DUMP NORTON it is a POS

Get something decent like Sygate Pro :)

Back