Viewing Images via Firefox

C

ChrisB

I'm having problems viewing some of the pics in certain threads. :ponders:

Here are a few threads that I can't see the pics on...

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3

I use Mozilla Firefox and I have added this site to the exceptions (allow) list under tools>options>web features>exceptions but I still can't see the images?!

Has anybody got any ideas :confused-

TIA

Chris.

I use firefox and I see the image in the first thread, but not the other two.

I've pasted the links for those two into IE, and I get 404's for both.

By 404's do you mean the red X in the box?? If so thats what I get for all 3 threads using IE.

If I try Netscape I don't get anything, just the text.

Chris.

Yeah, 404 is the Internet Explorer error code for a 'page not found' error.

Im viewing on aol browser and see the first image (well I did post it)
but not hte other two

I have tried all sorts of different things but just can't see those images.... all I can think is it is something to do with the Firewall etc at work??

AARRRRGGHHHH!! :annoyed:

Chris.

What anti virus/firewall is being used?

Add blocking can block an image, so you may need to give permission to the site hosting the image.

I think we use McAfee but unsure on the firewall.... I suppose it doesn't matter really because I won't be able to make any changes to it anyway!

Nevermind.... I will just have to guess what the shots look like from the replys in the threads... :eyesup:

Thanks for all the help!

Chris.

As above - the first image is fine but not the other two. I did read somewhere that if the image links are lost, then IE would show the "red-x" whereas Firefox wouldn't.

milou said:
As above - the first image is fine but not the other two. I did read somewhere that if the image links are lost, then IE would show the "red-x" whereas Firefox wouldn't.

That's usually right, Firefox doesn't show the dreaded 'Red X' when links are broken.

If you are unsure of whether or not you can see a picture from a specific URL in a post, try this.

Hit the quote button under the post, then look in the reply box. This should show you the URL's of the images. Just copy those URL's into a new window in your browser, or a new tab in Firefox ;) then try navigating to them that way.
If you can now see the images, then it could very well be an adblocking or firewall issue, blocking images from third party sources within a web page.

Regards

Back