Virtual Photography Show

I wasn't there to buy but each stand wanted a full log in register of details before I was allowed through the door....I got half way through the first one and left!

There were some decent Olympus deals via LCE but nothing I wanted (but £200 off a lens I'd bought not long ago, guttingly)

Pretty poor offers on the whole, £500 off Sony bodies still made them £800-1000 more than e-infin

Pretty poor offers on the whole, £500 off Sony bodies still made them £800-1000 more than e-infin

My daughter picked up a couple of Sony lenses combined over 500 quid cheaper than the best UK price

Unrealistic to expect prices to rival a grey importer with no UK manufacturer warranty

My daughter picked up a couple of Sony lenses combined over 500 quid cheaper than the best UK price

Unrealistic to expect prices to rival a grey importer with no UK manufacturer warranty
All a matter of opinion I guess, I bought UK when the cash back deals were on and registered for the extra year warranty with Sony, overall it was only about £80 more than Panamoz, I actually think the Panamoz 3 year warranty is better than the UK warranty as they just pay you the cost of repair when you submit an estimate. They aren't competitive on lenses when there's a deal on in the UK though. Never bought from e-inifinity, tempting though because they are so much cheaper. I'm eyeing up a Sigma 14-24 that's £1300 here, they have it for £969.

All a matter of opinion I guess, I bought UK when the cash back deals were on and registered for the extra year warranty with Sony, overall it was only about £80 more than Panamoz, I actually think the Panamoz 3 year warranty is better than the UK warranty as they just pay you the cost of repair when you submit an estimate. They aren't competitive on lenses when there's a deal on in the UK though. Never bought from e-inifinity, tempting though because they are so much cheaper. I'm eyeing up a Sigma 14-24 that's £1300 here, they have it for £969.

I'm tempted by the Sigma 100-400 for Sony.
E-infinity had it for £649 but awaiting stock.
The minute the lens was available, the price shot up to £749
I've noticed this on a few occasions with their pricing.
£749 is still a good price but I'm not in any hurry

I'm tempted by the Sigma 100-400 for Sony.
E-infinity had it for £649 but awaiting stock.
The minute the lens was available, the price shot up to £749
I've noticed this on a few occasions with their pricing.
£749 is still a good price but I'm not in any hurry
I've been playing around with Amazon for the last few nights, the Tamron 17-28 is around £849, what's been happening from around 8pm for a couple of hours is another seller (presume from HK) sticks one on for £770.63 then Amazon instantly drop theirs to £770.59, seen it 3 times this week, the problem is they need to try harder as it's £619 on e-infinity and in stock.

Haha as I was typing this up they are back, this time at £799, seller is called PB Game, you can guarantee it's a HK seller, waiting to see Amazon's response :)

Further edit;

Both dropped to £795, it seems Amazon have an algorithm that responds to other sellers, come on guys get to £699 and maybe we have a deal !!!!

Edit 21:10

Now at £770.09 sold by Amazon so there you have it, they react to other sellers on their own platform to undercut them. Worth monitoring anything you’re looking to buy in future and remember evening time is when the price drops.

Last edited:
I was hoping for sensibly priced Manfrotto 410 which they always had without a fail in the real exhibition. Guess what, it was absolutely ridiculous, a monstrous price rise. Mine still struggles along so not a big deal for now (no deal in fact!)

Back