Virus Question

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, I admit, I'm useless when it comes to the technical side of computers...

Recently, I keep getting messages flashing up from the antivirus programme (NTL Netguard) telling me I have may have some infected files. It gives me the option of deleting the files which I try to do, but they won't go :( (The files are temporary Windows files). I have gone straight to the file directory and tried to delete the said files from there, but then Windows tells me that it can't delete them, access is denied, and it can't open them either :bang:

The question is.. what do I do now? I keep getting this bloomin' message popping up every 10 mins which is annoying!

Recently, I keep getting messages flashing up from the antivirus programme (NTL Netguard) telling me I have may have some infected files. It gives me the option of deleting the files which I try to do, but they won't go :( (The files are temporary Windows files). I have gone straight to the file directory and tried to delete the said files from there, but then Windows tells me that it can't delete them, access is denied, and it can't open them either :bang:

The question is.. what do I do now? I keep getting this bloomin' message popping up every 10 mins which is annoying!

Not heard of NTL netguard to be honest, i suggest downloading and installing AVG and running that instead, it's very good and best of all it's free. it should clear out any virus's that you may have.

Tony

I keep a Boot disk with DOS on. I boot from this and am then able to delete files manually

I keep a Boot disk with DOS on. I boot from this and am then able to delete files manually

That would work, but the virus could be elsewhere and may well be infecting this file. AVG will certainly kill it off completely.

That would work, but the virus could be elsewhere and may well be infecting this file. AVG will certainly kill it off completely.

Sometimes AVG will say the files are not accessable, in these cases I note the path to the file , boot in DOS and remove them manualy. I have only had to do this a couple of times as AVG usally does a very good job.

Make sure you have all of your applications closed down, if you have them open they lock the files and wont allow you to delete the temporary files.

May need to turn off system restore temproarily as well, right click on my computer, click on properties, clcik on system restore tab and select turn off system restore on all drives. WIll need to restart then run av and check everything over, once thats all ok and the files have been deleted re enable the system restore !

That should see to it ! :)

Back