Vodafone 4g Broadband any one used it ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

Has anyone used it ? At present I get a really slow unreliable copper line connection it varies between not working at all to a max recorded speed of 16mb but is normally at 4ish MB. Vodafone is the only network that works here and as far as I can tell at present is only 2/3g. They sent me a message saying 3g was going to be switched off in June but this has not happened as I'm guessing they are yet to install 4g/5g. The mast is about 1/3rd of a mile away and would be line of site if it were not for the trees at the bottom of my garden. Using my present phone as a hot spot I get about 10mb ( ASDA running on Vodafone) but this is supposed to be restricted as I have a very cheap phone package. So hopefully 4g/5g will arrive soon and speed will increase.

Thanks for any replies

PS I live in the stick 8 miles from the nearest town which is quite small.

Last edited:
Hello all,

Has anyone used it ? At present I get a really slow unreliable copper line connection it varies between not working at all to a max recorded speed of 16mb but is normally at 4ish MB. Vodafone is the only network that works here and as far as I can tell at present is only 2/3g. They sent me a message saying 3g was going to be switched off in June but this has not happened as I'm guessing they are yet to install 4g/5g. The mast is about 1/3rd of a mile away and would be line of site if it were not for the trees at the bottom of my garden. Using my present phone as a hot spot I get about 10mb ( ASDA running on Vodafone) but this is supposed to be restricted as I have a very cheap phone package. So hopefully 4g/5g will arrive soon and speed will increase.

Thanks for any replies

PS I live in the stick 8 miles from the nearest town which is quite small.

No direct help I’m afraid but my experience of 4g/5g home broadband here:

What about Starlink?

I'm on EE and get around 2 bars of 4G connection here and often can not connect to the internet. It's not the speed that's the issue, it's congestion.

I've been out in the van before to which I have installed an external 4G antenna and wifi inside and have been unable to connect to the internet with full signal.

Last edited:
On EE and works fine in the house (Carlisle Cumbria) but go for a 10 minute ride to the country and would not try to land a plane with EE internet as per there TV advert.
Even the mobile goes sometimes.
Russ.

What I might do is trial the mobile internet as a monthly bundle. whilst still keeping the other active . It really is poor and I'd say 20% of the time none existent. The funny thing is the phone line ( copper cable )is there when the internet isn't ! I will check out Starlink although I'm guessing as I'm a cheap skate will be a bit too much £££

Three’s 5g (I dont think they do 4g home broadband anymore as the hub supports. 4g too) is £24 on monthly contract, no set up/equipment charge. Of course if you haven’t got Three’s signal that’s irrelevant except for comparison.

Unfortunately only Vodafone works well here three is the only other network that you can use but it is really patchy. I'm with ASDA on the Vodafone network and their unlimited fast up to 150mb on 5g package costs £24 as well so at least isn't that expensive. I presently pay £23 for the service I use at the moment. My lad has a Samsung S23 on Vodafone so it may be worth trying it on that rather than my antique low grade battered phone.

Back