Vulcan Bomber XH558

Thanks for clearing that up Paul :) I wasnt sure on the information if im honest. Thank you for your feedback, I found my lens kept zooming out, so I had to keep sorting the focus out. All n all, I love this image so thank you :)

Saw it a couple of weeks ago at Cholmondeley and will hopefully see it again at RIAT in a few weeks time.

NO.... Sunday is the last day. It's over Newark and displaying at Waddo at 3.20pm

Glenn.. It seems I'm wrong. Going of a mate who follows it about he said Sunday was the last day of flying ever. Seems he is miss informed. Me.... I don't follow it, they used to fly over our house every 20 mins taking off & landing. But she is a cool animal (erm bird)

I don't follow it either, but my son-in-law gets the Twitter feed from the Vulcan group. Prior to the other week, where it flew near enough to where I live to warrant making an effort, the last time I saw a Vulcan in the air was probably nearly 30-yrs ago.

Well the current one tends to fly over our house both outbound & inbound.... Usually with a roll of the wings to wave to his family. The pilot lives about 3/4 of a mile away. Still sounds awsome though.
Donny airport is only 20 mins away by road.

Nice shot! It flew over our house earlier as it did a fly by at a local airport (wellsbourne), great noise!

Thank you for the feedback guys, I hope you all enjoyed it flying by as I did. Love your name Uncle book, reminds me of the film :)

The noise was amazing Stumeech. Such a shame she`s out of service now, but she`ll be admired from generations to come.

She flew over Woodford on Saturday where it was built. An amazing sight, quite emotional.

You and me both Pickled, although im not much into planes, this one was incredible. Although I think ive caught the bug a little bit so I may visit places to shoot (photograph) planes. :)

You should see me when I see a flying Spitfire, or god forbid a Lancaster bomber!

Excellent capture like the angle and position in frame

Yeah looking forward to seeing her again at RIAT. Unfortunately though it looks like the BBMF Lancaster has pulled out this year along with a couple of Spitfires :(

Back