Wacom installation problems on mac

Name
Malc
Edit My Images
No
I have a new Wacom One to use on a MBP 2019 running Monterey.
I downloaded and installed the drivers after 4 or 5 attempts. At first I kept getting a message that the driver might be corrupt. However, now installed.
I have given the Wacom all the access and permissions it needs to function, and the pen works as it should.

But...
...when I open the Wacom Desktop Center it states that no devices are connected - this despite the pen working. The problem is that, as it is not finding the tablet, there is no folder to open to personalise the pen and tablet settings as this folder is only visible if a device is shown as connected.

Any thoughts and help gratefully received!

Last edited:
how is the tablet connected? bluetooth or cable? try checking the connection?

Thanks, Tony - yes, I have read that, but am tempted to go though the procedure again from Step 4...
You probably read this too.

To be compatible with macOS 12, the device must be supported by the 6.3.44-* driver or newer. To check which devices are compatible, visit the Wacom Driver Page, open the driver release notes and select the "compatible products" link.

You probably read this too.

To be compatible with macOS 12, the device must be supported by the 6.3.44-* driver or newer. To check which devices are compatible, visit the Wacom Driver Page, open the driver release notes and select the "compatible products" link.
Yep, checked that when I first had problems installing the driver.
What I don't understand is that the driver and tablet are both installed and connected, as it works. It's just that the Wacom app appears not to recognise that the device is installed and connected...

Yep, checked that when I first had problems installing the driver.
What I don't understand is that the driver and tablet are both installed and connected, as it works. It's just that the Wacom app appears not to recognise that the device is installed and connected...
It is an odd one I have to say.
Do you have access to another computer so as to see if it works on that?

It sounds as though the desktop centre isn't picking up the tablet.

Sucking eggs, have you tried unplugging the tablet, restarting the machine (?Mac) without the tablet plugged in/turned on then opening the desktop centre and then turning on the tablet?

It is an odd one I have to say.
Do you have access to another computer so as to see if it works on that?
Duh! Why didn't I think of that! (Smacks forehead hard several times)...I have a reserve MBP running on an older OS which is tucked away somewhere in case of emergencies...will dig it out and see what happens. Thanks!

It sounds as though the desktop centre isn't picking up the tablet.

Sucking eggs, have you tried unplugging the tablet, restarting the machine (?Mac) without the tablet plugged in/turned on then opening the desktop centre and then turning on the tablet?
Yep...been there, done that, but thanks for the idea, Adrian.

Just one more thought.
Some devices I have owned required the drivers to be installed before plugging them in.
That may or may not be applicable in your case however.

I just read the wacom installation guide and it says connect the tablet prior to installing drivers.
My guess is you did that too.

Back