Review Wacom Intuos3 A5 Graphic Tablet

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
After posting this image http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14974One or two people enquired about a graphic tablet so here is a brief review that may be of help to one or two people who may well be considering making a purchase :shrug:

I must say I have found it immediately easier to use than I had imagined.

There are plenty of customisable options on the tablet that I have yet to fully explore but the default settings are fine.

Wacom4.jpg

The option to map the working area to whatever I wish to use is very good and as I work with two monitors I can have this mapped to work over both, one or a set working area.....all easily changed to choice in the settings menu

Wacom5.jpg

Wacom2.jpg

The pen feels comfortable to hold and work with.....again there are options to customise the way it operates.

Wacom3.jpg

I use CS2 and this offers me endless brush options including changing the pen pressure etc

Brushes.jpg

An additional (hasty) purchase I made was the airbrush :thinking: I think the £109 would have been better spent elsewhere but I will stick with it as it may well come in handy in the future.

The mouse that came with the tablet I have used very little and doubt I will actually use it over the pen.

Obviously a lot of editing can be done with a normal PC mouse which I have managed to do for a number of years but it now just feels that little more natural and precise using the tablet.

Finally I have no problem fully recommending a graphic tablet........although it is difficult for me to recommend this particular model (£219.00) over the cheaper ones that I believe do the same job just as well but I wouldn't swap the one I have ;)

I have been using the Wacom Graphire 3 CTE-430 for about 18 months as it was a present sent over from the US from my Brother.

Using the tablet and pen is very different and at first you feel quite clumsy. The way that helped me get used to it was the note in the packaging from my Brother which read - before opening the box and removing its contents you must take your PC mouse and hide it away for good. Now open the box and learn how to use the pen and tablet. It worked. I haven't looked back. I would recommend Wacom every time.

I've been using the Wacom Graphire 4.

If you have an arty "bent" then a tablet is the way to go. I couldnt "soul search" the extra ££ for the Intuos, so just got the standard pen (no tilt/airbrush feature) and havnt looked back

All useful stuff and thanks to P-E for going to the trouble of posting your review ... (y)

Still can't make my mind up though ... yet ... ;)

:p

I don't even use a mouse any more. I find the pen just so much easier for everything! Graphire 4 A6

Still can't make my mind up though ... yet

Well ... been and gone and done it now ... ordered the Wacom Volito 2 ... :eek:

Only an A6 ... but can't really regret it at any rate as it is only £27 delivered ... :D

Not sure I will get on with one yet so didn't really want to spend bigger ... yet ... ;)

:p

Nice one Ven ;) .......let us know how you find it.

I have the Graphire 4 A6 as well. Found it really hard to use and did not give it the time needed to get used to. Must dig it out of the box and give it another go sometime.

Back