Waiting for Panasonic Cashback

Edit My Images
No
A number of Panasonic photography items qualified for cashbacks during November and December, when buying from listed suppliers. Having purchased a GH3, I submitted my claim for payment by cheque and received an acknowledgement and reference number the following day. I was supposed to receive a further email confirming the amount and payment within 28 days. I am now at day 20 and have heard nothing but obviously must wait a little longer, so my query is has payment been received by other earlier claimants, did they receive an email confirming the amount and how long did the cash and email take to arrive? I have also commented on the Lumix Experience Forum but this receives little traffic so far as I can tell.

I'm most disappointed that the Cash Back has not materialised within the stated period after the intial confirmation email. No communication or explanation form the Third Party contractor (HWA) responsible for handling this. I've have now emailed both HWA and Panasonic Customer Services to resolve this issue. For anybody else in this position, note that ultimately the liability for non payment of a valid claim lies with Panasonic. Beware of the Terms and Conditions clauses that state you have to wait 28 days before raising the issue but no later than 35 days, giving just a 7 day window. I have now experienced issues on 3 separate Cash Back schemes, with Nikon, Samsung and now Panasonic. Samsung only paid up after the Letter Before Action Notice was about to expire!

I am still waiting Harvey, but then I only claimed last week. I did send a query about the amount as there was a double cashback deal on at the time - but this is still unanswered.

Stephen

Waiting for 50 quid from Samsung, 26 days into the stated 28 so your comments don't fill me with confidence

Pleased to advise that my Panasonic Cash Back has now arrived, I did receive a reply from HWA to say that the cheque had been printed on 30 Jan but otherwise, had I not queried the payment, no email would have been sent. I have yet to hear anything from Panasonic Customer Services.

The problems I had with Samsung relate to a cash back offer on a Samsung Tab. The third party claim company was Opia Limited who were alleged to simply string people along until they simply gave up. A Google search for 'Samsung Cash Back Problems' will illustrate the scale of the problem which was prevalent late 2012 to 2013 and the apparent willingness of Samsung to take the reputational damage to the brand, with barely a second thought for the many individuals who had lost out on Tabs, TVs and Laptops. It was necessary to send a formal letter to Samsung by recorded delivery after my emails were ignored, only with the actual threat of Court action was payment received, patience would have achieved nothing in this case. I don't know if Samsung are still using Opia Ltd as the Third Party Claims Administrator for current promotions or if the act has been cleaned up, so I would simply advise those waiting to be especially proactive.

I purchase a two Panasonic GH3's on black Friday with the promised £400 cashback, I was getting concerned and gave them a ring on there free phone number, They were extremely helpful telling me the cheques were printed and would be with me in 3 days they were true to there word, I looks to me that they take things to the wire

Fifty quid from Samsung arrived on the 28th day, fair enough and didn't have to gee them up for it

Purchased a TZ60 early December had to wait one month before I could send in my claim for the £40 cashback. Its now nearly a month on from my claim and Panasonic are not answering my emails, read the above posts I am now worried they are ignoring me I see there are only a few days in which to make this claim. Why are these manufactures doing this. Retailers use these cashback schemes to boost sales. Anyone know what I can do now should I go back to Jessops? and complain. It looks like if it arrives I would have to wait TWO months for my £40.00 maybe Retailers should point this out at the time of sale.

Claim details

px.gif

• Campaign name: Lumix Winter Cashback Promotion
  • Submission date: 24/12/2015 at 17:59
  • Reference number: C94_W_105609

Lumix tz60 purchased from Jessops Bath

You'll need to check the terms and conditions of the promotion before you jump up and down. Most large companies like to hold onto the cash for the maximum length of time

I've opted for Paypal the last two times with Panasonic, payment was quicker, nearer 20 days than 28.

I bought a Panasonic gx7 in September. At the time they had a double cash back offer. They were slow sending the cheque through, however after I sent them a couple of emails and they forwarded the cheque through soon after.

They were very apologetic and explained the delay was because they had run out of cases ( which was part of the offer) and we're waiting for new stock.

I shall share my experience as well - bought the G7 on the 27th Nov, submitted the claim on the 27th Dec, got the email acknowledgement at the same day. 24th Jan will be up to the 28 days as promised but no cheque has come through yet so I gave them a call yesterday (22nd Jan) and they said I would receive the cheque no later than next week. Cheque shows up for today (23rd Jan). I would admit that Panasonic could do a bit better, at least email me to say the claim has been verified and cheque was on its way. But I got it at the last minute, not much to complaint, at least I got a great deal.

Had cashback experience from Canon before and their service was spot on that they sent me a link to keep an eye of the process.

Had cashback experience from Canon before and their service was spot on that they sent me a link to keep an eye of the process.

Have to agree there. In fact I had an email earlier today saying that my cashback had been paid by BACS and, on just checking, 'tis in my account already. (y)

Having experienced delays waiting for my cashback on a GH3 purchased in Nov 2014 (earlier in the thread), I wonder if I am going to have the same experience waiting for the cash for my G7 purchased in Nov 2015. They have 4 days left to sent it in time, one of which is a Sunday. The same nonsense about notifying them of non delivery within one week is still in the Terms and Conditions. This term translated effectively means, 'We cocked up and failed to send you your money in 28 days from our email. If you don't tell us in seven days, that's your fault and we are not going to pay you'. Personally I think such a term would fall into the Unfair Terms and Conditions category and would not stand up in Court, were that to be necessary.

I applied on 1st of Jan, got paid via PayPal on the 24th.
Not as quick as HP, allows you to apply immediately after purchasing and cash back paid within 10 days!

Purchased a TZ60 early December had to wait one month before I could send in my claim for the £40 cashback. Its now nearly a month on from my claim and Panasonic are not answering my emails, read the above posts I am now worried they are ignoring me I see there are only a few days in which to make this claim. Why are these manufactures doing this. Retailers use these cashback schemes to boost sales. Anyone know what I can do now should I go back to Jessops? and complain. It looks like if it arrives I would have to wait TWO months for my £40.00 maybe Retailers should point this out at the time of sale.

Claim details

px.gif

• Campaign name: Lumix Winter Cashback Promotion
  • Submission date: 24/12/2015 at 17:59
  • Reference number: C94_W_105609

Lumix tz60 purchased from Jessops Bath
I have had exactly the same experience. I bought my camera back in December, had to wait a month to claim and then a futher month to receive the money. I wrote to panasonic twice during this time to ask when I can expect the payment, no reply. I also asked why they are sitting on the cashback for so long and deliberately make it difficult for customers to claim their cashback. No reply. Panasonic should be ashamed of their customer service. This is a complete scam and we should expose this through social media as you are right they should point out how ridiculously slow the process is at the point of purchase. Clearly panasonic have told their customer service to ignore any requests or consumer complaints for fear of being exposed. This just infuriates their customers and leaves them with a bad impression of their company. I will take this further next week as it will have been 28 days on Monday and if I don't hear anything I will report them to the consumer protection watchdog.

I have had exactly the same experience. I bought my camera back in December, had to wait a month to claim and then a futher month to receive the money. I wrote to panasonic twice during this time to ask when I can expect the payment, no reply. I also asked why they are sitting on the cashback for so long and deliberately make it difficult for customers to claim their cashback. No reply. Panasonic should be ashamed of their customer service. This is a complete scam and we should expose this through social media as you are right they should point out how ridiculously slow the process is at the point of purchase. Clearly panasonic have told their customer service to ignore any requests or consumer complaints for fear of being exposed. This just infuriates their customers and leaves them with a bad impression of their company. I will take this further next week as it will have been 28 days on Monday and if I don't hear anything I will report them to the consumer protection watchdog.

I can fully empathise with your frustration but what were the terms of the cashbook regarding payment ?

The same terms as everyone else but it's not clear how long and convoluted the process will be. Furthermore the lack of response by their customer service is infuriating. If I behaved like this in my line of business I wouldn't have a business

Fuji are doing the same thing. Won't pay cash back and won't give any explanation.
All conditions met. Timescale long expired. Their laughingly titled Customer Service Department couldn't care less.

If customers are having other similar problems with cashback such as yours with Fuji why is it that there isn't more of a backlash from customers? This is one of the few forums available. I honestly think that they (Panasonic et al) are relying on most customers forgetting to claim their cashback or not bothering due to the many barriers and hurdles we have to navigate around to get what amounts to £20 or £40 cashback. It's a small amount of money I guess and I'm sure they believe we won't bother for such small sums. It's very frustrating and they should not be allowed to get away with it. I will think twice before spending my money on Panasonic products in future Would love to hear from Panasonic or any of the other retailers as to their defence of this underhand practice..

The same terms as everyone else but it's not clear how long and convoluted the process will be. Furthermore the lack of response by their customer service is infuriating. If I behaved like this in my line of business I wouldn't have a business

Just so I haven't misunderstood are the terms for the cash back that you have to wait a month from purchase before making a claim and then a further month for payment ? From reading your post it would seem that your due date for payment is next week or have I misread something

The Terms of the Panasonic Promption, as I recall, were that the claim could not be submitted until 28 days after the purchase. Customers were then expected to wait for up to another 28 days to receive payment from the confirmation email. I did not receive a cheque within the latter 28 day period and sent emails to both Pansonic and the Third Party cash back administrators. I gave them 7 working days to provide cleared funds to my account. Panasonic did reply and subsequently the Third Party told me a cheque was being sent first class and would arrive the following day. It did not and was in fact sent second class and arrived another 2 days later. So for the second year running, a payment of £200 each time was overdue, made worse by having to pay my tax bill by 31 Jan 16. I was not impressed, great cameras (GH3 and G7) but I have a diminished view of the Company.

Had I not received funds into my Bank in time, the next stage would be to send a 'letter before action' to Panasonic (UK) HQ by Registered Post. This outlines that Court proceeding will commence without further notice if payment has not been received in say 10 working days. No point in dealing with the Third Party at this stage, your contract is with Panasonic. This is normally sufficient to generate some action, companies realise that you are not going to be fobbed off and don't like the hassle of dealing with the County Court. However, Samsung took it to the wire and I had actually completed the County Court paperwork as my expiry date was looming, but then received payment at the last gasp.

So are purchasers being dealt with unfairly? Sadly I think they are and damage to company reputations seems to be of such little concern. A certain percentage of buyers do not claim and various hoops and obstacles seem to be a feature of the Terms and Conditions which should always be read and diary entries made. Panasonic say that if payment has not been received in 28 days then the Third Party must be notified within 7 days (day 28 to 35) or they will not entertain the claim. That's outrageous and would probably fail the Unfair Terms and Conditions legislation.

Words of praise are due to Manfrotto, sent in a claim on Jan 26th for their recent cashback promotion
Told to expect payment after 28 days, cheque came today Feb 13th, well done to them and thank you

Should also mention I only bought the qualifying item on Jan 23rd, none of this wait 28 days before claiming

Seems the others mentioned on this thread could learn a thing or two from Manfrotto about customer satisfaction

Last edited:
Thanks guys, interesting to hear your experiences. Quite revealing really. Manfrotto appear tohave got it right. Panasonic on the other hand and Samsung surprise me. These companies are trusted and respected, I don't understand why they would do this. Taxboy 28 days was up yesterday and no payment received into my PayPal account. So I now have a week to claim and remind them to pay me or I will miss the deadline to claim. Crazy. Like I have nothing else to do. I hope I won't have to go to small claims court but I will if I have to. They should not get away with this.

Thanks guys, interesting to hear your experiences. Quite revealing really. Manfrotto appear tohave got it right. Panasonic on the other hand and Samsung surprise me. These companies are trusted and respected, I don't understand why they would do this. Taxboy 28 days was up yesterday and no payment received into my PayPal account. So I now have a week to claim and remind them to pay me or I will miss the deadline to claim. Crazy. Like I have nothing else to do. I hope I won't have to go to small claims court but I will if I have to. They should not get away with this.

It looks like Panasonic are dragging their feet a little or more likely their sub contractor is not the most efficient. I would imagine their is a fair degree of manual intervention around these processes in the large companies, which probably explains why no money has appeared this weekend.

You are quite correct that the terms don't make it easy and you may wish to make your feelings known to Panasonic UK so they are Awre of the situation. Based on the other cash back post I'm guessing your money will appear some time next week. A bit like allowing a customer 60 days payment terms when they only start thinking about actually paying you after 60 days have elapsed.

Hope it all works out well for you

Have you considered posting a complaint on the Lumix Lifestyle forum? You never know...

Thanks, I might just do that. Panasonic finally paid up, ignored four emails to their customer service department and paid at the last possible moment. DON'T BOTHER WASTING YOUR TIME WITH CASHNACK! is my advice and better still boycott Panasonic altogether. Just awful customer service as there wasn't any. Bunch of cowboys. They should be ashamed of themselves. No way to run a business. I can only assume that they have contracted out the cashback part of their business who are incapable of providing a service. Thanks for listening to my rant but felt it needed to be shared.

Have to be honest with you, this is the 3rd time I have taken advantage of a Panasonic Cashback deal and each time they have paid out. But the first time they did take 3-4 weeks longer than they promised deadline and trying to chase that time was frustrating - very slow responses to emails etc - that was back in 2012. I had more success when I rang them on the freephone number 0800 072 7649 - they sorted the payment within 7-10 days of the call.

The Panasonic cashback was administered by a third party company, in this instance a company called HWA Ltd, who are based in Twickenham. As consumers, we are never going to know the true reasons as to why payments have been delayed. It is possible that HWA has not performed as required, or Panasonic has not provided information to HWA in time or even been slow forwarding funds to make the payments. The worst case would be where HWA are performing exactly as specified by Panasonic to reduce payment liabilities on purchased products. We know that a percentage will never claim and only a small percentage will take matters to a County Court. We also know that a deliberate trip wire was placed into the Terms and Conditions about notifying HWA within 7 days after their failure to pay within 28 days. These terms and conditions must have been agreed at a fairly senior level within Panasonic HQ.

It is not beyond the wit of Mankind to make a payment within 28 days in the 21st Century. The more I experience these cashbacks, the more I believe that some companies are indeed coniving to reduce liabilities regardless of damage to reputations.

Back