Wales WRC 2017

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello All,
I am planning on going to the Wales WRC on the Saturday 28th. Am I correct in saying that if the stage is SS11 Dyfi1 and then the same stage is SS13 Dyfi2 the cars will come round the same track twice on the same day? I assume this is correct but can someone confirm please?
Cheers
Chris

Yes. They run some stages twice. It gives you a chance to shoot them at different places throughout the stage and with it in different conditions.
Perfect, makes life easier especially when I need to be back early for a Halloween party....kids eh

I'm thinking of going Saturday too - I have printed all the poop of the website ( which is not user friendly ).

How easy is it to move around between stages ? No problem or end up in a huge traffic jam trying to get out of the car park ? Gartheiniog and Dyfi look prey close - can you walk between the 2 ?

As I would have my 14 year old with me, is it worth going to Cholmondeley or not ?

No, don’t do Cholmondeley. Far more excitement to be had in a proper stage.

Gatheiniog and Dyfi are close but if they’re using them in close succession on the days running order then you won’t have enough time to get to the other. Get there as early as you can otherwise you will have a pig of a walk into the stage as you will be miles down the road in the parking queue. Be aware that the parking for Gartheiniog is usually in a ditch (not even joking) on the side of a fire road so you may risk your car bottoming out.

We arrived at 4am and still had a mile+ walk into the stage. We gave it a good scout for picture opportunities and then worked our way back through. It’s mega busy but oh so good. The top drivers are something else and they are gone in a flash. You have about 2 seconds to get a shot.

Yes, Gartheiniog is SS10 and 12 and Dyfi is SS11 and 13, so that’s 10.01 / 12.08 and then 10.30 / 12.37

I see in the notes it says not to try and move between these stage car parks in the interval.

Would you stay in 1 stage then ?

Some fantastic inspiration here.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/wales-rally-gb-gartheiniog.608038/

It’s not really worth moving to another stage, there’s usually a wealth of compositions and viewing spots on one stage, so it’d be pointless walking/driving between stages, as everything seems to take longer than you’d expect, and there’s usually a healthy field of Wrc2/national/historics too which leave you little time til the start of the next run

Please, stay safe and DON'T stand anywhere you shouldn't.

Oh my days do my feet hurt - there’s sooo much walking.

Weather yesterday was stunning. Today was poop - iso5000 at times

Me and the sat nav lady have fallen out big time [emoji35]

Back