Walk in the park (more added)

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
No
Did a little shoot for a friend Saturday afternoon. Suggested we head out into the woods for a little autumn colour, though it was quite dull, thank goodness for the D750, most were shot around iso800 and slightly above.

Quite a varied set here but love doing this kind of thing.
Noah-5%20Edit_zpsbem5jvfh.jpg

Noah-8_zpsdmdwitps.jpg

Noah-22_zpstwocddeg.jpg

Noah-31%20Edit-2_zpsvyjhltl3.jpg

Noah-58_zpsj5ldynie.jpg

Noah-87%20Edit_zpskzhpm6gx.jpg

Noah-92%20Edit-2_zpsvxozmmoy.jpg

Last edited:
What an absolutely charming set of images. Lovely composition in all of them, and great backgrounds. Number 3 has something extra special about it for me.

That cookie monster can transform as a Maori worrier in no time in #2
…but my favourite, your almost masterpiece (because of the highlight
on the ball), number four.
Brings me memories when my own boys were that age… the most
beautiful title of all: daddy! Enjoy the time Kris!

What an absolutely charming set of images. Lovely composition in all of them, and great backgrounds. Number 3 has something extra special about it for me.

Thanks Ian. So many to choose from! That 3rd one does have a nice ring to it that I do like myself.

That cookie monster can transform as a Maori worrier in no time in #2
…but my favourite, your almost masterpiece (because of the highlight
on the ball), number four.
Brings me memories when my own boys were that age… the most
beautiful title of all: daddy! Enjoy the time Kris!

Thanks. Mine isn't due for another 3 weeks though ;)

And lastly....

I don't normally like wonky shots but this was straight out of camera and given the subject, I reckon it works...

22126082630_0288c2bed8_b.jpg

Cracking set, with some gorgeous light.

Great job.

Gaz
Thank you very much.

Very nice!!! I like #6 most, it has the best combination of expression, composition, lighting & processing.

Thanks Simon. When I first processed them that was my favourite too but like always, the more you look at them, the more your preference changes. I could see the picture on that spot, the light and background was perfect, but towards the end of the shoot he was tiring and it took some coaxing to get him where I wanted, pleased I did!

Cracking set, with some gorgeous light.

It wasn't the best light to work with Les, fairly flat in places like the first shot here but thanks for the looking.

Outstanding work

Thanks Amanda, it's great to have an acknowledgement from most of you who's work I have admired, yours, very much so.

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-20_17-45-34.png
    upload_2015-10-20_17-45-34.png
    327 bytes · Views: 8
Last edited:
Love them all,. looks like he had fun too

Les ;)

Lovely set. I was shooting in the park on Saturday too - the light was awful!

Back again, I first viewed your series on my phone and I liked the images. A lot.

Now I'm on my laptop I'm blown away with how lovely your series is - of course they are techincally perfect and I too hunted for your settings and lens choice. But most of all, the images are processed sympathetically to reflect the simple 'joy' of childhood and the range of dynamic 'scenes' give us a peek into a young boy enjoying his forage in the forest.

Impressive work and I'd love to have this mastery. Mandy

Back again, I first viewed your series on my phone and I liked the images. A lot.

Now I'm on my laptop I'm blown away with how lovely your series is - of course they are techincally perfect and I too hunted for your settings and lens choice. But most of all, the images are processed sympathetically to reflect the simple 'joy' of childhood and the range of dynamic 'scenes' give us a peek into a young boy enjoying his forage in the forest.

Impressive work and I'd love to have this mastery. Mandy

Thank you very much Amanda for the very kind words. Not sure there's too much to it other than getting the right light like anything I guess. Rolling around on the floor Is a necessity which isn't great in a busy park, got into the car and could smell a little like I had rolled into something....

I usually stop the 85 down a little unless I get very close when I would do so again. A reflector helps when possible.

Back