Critique Walking around Kielder, Northumberland National Park

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
35e766d94baaaf7fafdb8fcebd02a96b

Went for a wander around Kielder Reservoir for the first time in about 25 years over christmas. The drive alone through Northumberland National Park is worth the trip. but Kielder is great. next time grim to rent a cabin and try for some night shots. Lived on the Northumberland coast for 19 years but hardly ever got to the national park..typical..

The green of the moss is a bit 'nuclear fallout' but I like the light and shade across the lumps and bumps and cool darkness of the trunks. How does it look if you back off the vibrance a bit?

to be honest, the saturation was turned down a bit and the vibrance wasn't touch. i added sharpness which may have accentuated the green/ yellow. i'll try reducing the vibrance and sharpness and see what that does..cheers!

The green of the moss is a bit 'nuclear fallout'
… nice words to put it!

These bumps are funny… do you know what they are Pete?

Though I don't fancy the rendition, I quite dig the shot!

i want to say the bodies of all the scots and english who fought over the land a few hundred year ago but that would be a lie...

just tree roots that have grown around and now have a thick carpet of moss over the top. when i walked through some (at a later stage in the hike) my foot sank about a 1ft down.

I too find the green a bit too much, but I love the undulations in the ground.
I keep expecting to see faerie folk appear!

24251294264_5f0db994d2_c.jpg

reworked image. it seems as though the excessive tones came about from the sharpness layer i added - it didn't seem that bad on my laptop, but there you go. sharpness layer removed and yellow saturation reduced.

OK...now that you've edited the image, I find myself preferring the original!

Love the light green. I live in Kielder and find these out of the limelight photo's of the forest just the best. Thanks!

This is lovely, i refrained from commenting initially because each time it popped up i was never near the laptop to view properly regarding colour....

The original works well for me or somewhere inbetween the 2 perhaps, although closer to the original image, the edit just looks a bit too drab, moss often looks so much brighter and greener.

It also looks an amazing location, i love shooting forests/parks/woodlands and the bumps are pretty interesting

Back