WAMT....what annoyed me today!

What are you trying to say here? :D
Too many Sunday drivers driving too slow and blocking the roads. Even in the wife's car it should have only taken 20minutes, 30 tops.

Went to a wedding fayre yesterday and bumped into a wedding photographer we've seen at a few, explained we've seen them a few times and have all the leaflets, had a jokey chat with the lady on the stand before moving on.

The bloke on the stand comes over and starts explaining what they do, explained we'd spoke to them a couple of months ago but just didn't take it as a hint and proceeds to slag off other photographers and tell us what shots we should be having at our wedding. Bragging about how much he spent on kit and how much more they will be spending.

Really wound me up! That's that leaflet in the No pile!

Watching the 24hrs in police custody. I know these things are edited but it seemed totally wrong in the police trying to get a conviction. in short, he had apparently breached bail conditions but being in contact with someone he was supposedly stalking. Yet he was in a pub and apparently they came into the pub, so how can he be done for that? Then, some photos someone took in that pub were supposedly showing him confronting them? Now if you are machine gunning for 20 seconds you may get that, but a photo cannot prove that surely?

Blasted engine transmission light on my Freelander came on as I drove home at 9pm.

I really really need her every day from Saturday until 15 April !!

Of course it has to be the Easter weekend doesn't it :( :( :(

I'll be on the phone to the dealer at 8,30 tomorrow morning.

Having a new room mate move in with me out here in sunny Afghan, only for him to then get up at 0600 hrs on Friday....Friday being the one day of the week no one has to be up and in work before 1000. FML. *makes coffee*

A royal mail "red card"
The reason? Item too big for the letter box..
Oh no it wasn't! Even the guy on the collection point admitted that!
Card should have read, item a bit heavy, and I CBA to carry it, so your'll have to drive the 3 miles to collect it...

Proof that age is no barrier and even a little old lady can stick 2 fingers up as she cuts you up at a junction! :rolleyes:

Proof that age is no barrier and even a little old lady can stick 2 fingers up as she cuts you up at a junction! :rolleyes:
She was just being polite in the "modern fashion" as per a post of mine awhile back, 1 finger, means "thanks" ( for letting me in etc) 2 fingers mean thanks very much ( for letting me go first etc)
Moving a hand / wrist ( Gareth hunt style) up and down, means I really appreciate that, I'll buy you a coffee next time I see you (y)

Rain rain and more rain :mad:
There goes my outside plans for today :(

She was just being polite in the "modern fashion" as per a post of mine awhile back, 1 finger, means "thanks" ( for letting me in etc) 2 fingers mean thanks very much ( for letting me go first etc)
Moving a hand / wrist ( Gareth hunt style) up and down, means I really appreciate that, I'll buy you a coffee next time I see you (y)

Ah, my bad. Thought she was being rude. Will try those hand signals next time someone lets me out, I'll let you know how it goes. :D

There goes my outside plans for today :(
On Mull, you get half a finger raised from the steering wheel.

Talking of "politeness" and older people...
I bought a few items from a well known recently open DIY store.
The total was a little higher than I expected.
I ask the cashier woman ( she was no spring chicken either) if she could just double check the item prices / total.
She snapped "Its right, I'm telling you, IT's RIGHT.

I must admit I was slightly taken aback by her attitude, but just replied calmly, we can either do this quietly just the 2 of us,
or perhaps you would prefer to call the duty manager to officiate?

Anyway, she did run through the items, turning her screen so I could see what was what.
As it happens, she was right, I was looking at two similar items, one slightly more expensive than the other,
I'd picked up the more expensive of the 2, not the cheaper one, but no matter.

I apologised for making her bite my head off, paid and left :D

In Aldi this morning, half a dozen stock trollies in one aisle which caused a major bottleneck if someone stopped to take stuff off the shelves (which is quite a common practice in supermarkets), especially difficult when you're in a wheelchair! :mad:

Amazingly, a couple of bottles fell off the shelf just behind me, missing me by a foot! Can only assume that people trying to squeeze through the gat had knocked against the shelves.

Can't seem to get a good picture of myself to show off my newly pierced ears. I posted a picture of one ear to my Facebook page but it isn't the best photo. Might ask my grandfather if he can get a better picture of me and send it to me.

A crappy Philips #2 screwdriver bit that stripped itself the first time I used it. Luckily, I had a set of decent bits with me but grabbed the cheap set since it was the first that came to hand. Didn't damage the screw head at all (but I had several spares anyway.) I shall be binning the rest of the set but will keep the box and the little rubber holders.

These are the little bits rather than proper screwdrivers. Got plenty of bits of wood for paint stirring, including (I think, somewhere) a pack of branded paint stirrers - a relic of a past job as a painter and decorator. FWIW, screwdrivers aren't that good for stirring paint - they're to narrow to get decent agitation.

people that reverse their cars in to supermarket parking spaces knowing that an hour later they'll need to load their boot with shopping....:shifty:

caught some dingbat pin-balling his shopping trolly off the sides of both his and my car in an attempt to get to his boot, which probably didn't bother him judging by the state of the piece of **** he was driving

just.....just.......WHAT !

I almost always reverse in these days because of the sheer number of higher sided suv type vehicles and pedestrians that don’t pay any attention to reversing lights when passing from in front of said higher sided vehicle, to in front of a lower vehicle with bloody big blind spots due to design of the cars pillars is astonishing.

I just find a space as far away from the supermarket as possible, not too many people prepared to walk that far so no one parks near me.;)

We usually park a fair way away from the shop itself and reverse into the space. Only because our favoured spaces back onto a walkway so we can load the car without needing to look out for fikwuts driving around with their eyes shut.

It serves me right for going to a supermarket.
Stands to reason that if you put yourself in a place so heavily populated by complete fickwuts, sooner or later you're gonna be on the receiving end of their fickwuttery.

Ocado.....its the only way...:D

We usually park a fair way away from the shop itself and reverse into the space. Only because our favoured spaces back onto a walkway
Thats exactly what I do too (y)

Shops that have vastly different prices to their web prices. Example, I needed a new tyre, so I went into the local tyre shops website and found one for qround £70. Popped into the workshop to get one fitted to be told it was £106. Umm sorry youre selling it online for £70. Followed by a load of techno waffle as to the price difference. The fact I could see a row of the tyres I wanted in a rack behind him didn't matter, or that I could go home and order it for the online price , come back and they'd take it off the shelf and fit it.

The world has truly gone mad.

Shops that have vastly different prices to their web prices

Not only tyres, went bed shopping with my daughter today, she'd seen one she liked online but wanted to make sure it was ok.
In shop price was £80 more !!!!
Luckily she didn't like it so we got a better one elsewhere

I have ordered a camera from MPB - doesn't annoy me at all, I rather like it. The camera is going to be delivered by DPD - also does not annoy me, I find them a very good courier company.

What does annoy me is the email I got from DDP (not DPD) wanting me to click on their link. Then I got an email from DPP (still not DPD) also wanting me to click on their link. Whoever is sending me these phishing emails clearly knows I am expecting a delivery from DPD - the timing is too close for any other explanation.

I have ordered a camera from MPB - doesn't annoy me at all, I rather like it. The camera is going to be delivered by DPD - also does not annoy me, I find them a very good courier company.

What does annoy me is the email I got from DDP (not DPD) wanting me to click on their link. Then I got an email from DPP (still not DPD) also wanting me to click on their link. Whoever is sending me these phishing emails clearly knows I am expecting a delivery from DPD - the timing is too close for any other explanation.

Sounds like either MPB and/or DPD have a problem. Were I you I would inform both of them of the issue!

well one of these two is not as very good as you thought

Sounds like someone being a bit shady, but they're legitimate enough to fear legal action from DPD. If it was a straight up scam, trying to get you to visit a phishing site running on a hijacked webserver somewhere, they'd be 100% impersonating DPD, 'cos they wouldn't care.

Back