WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Will I ever get my kitchen finished? Just when you think anything else can't go wrong the chimney hood falls off the wall and smashes the glass into a million pieces all over the brand new cooker. FFS! Somehow the guy didn't fix it properly to the wall so it fell off when he was straightening the cover on it.

Will I ever get my kitchen finished? Just when you think anything else can't go wrong the chimney hood falls off the wall and smashes the glass into a million pieces all over the brand new cooker. FFS! Somehow the guy didn't fix it properly to the wall so it fell off when he was straightening the cover on it.

...at least it did it while HE was touching it rather than you!

...small consolation I know, but it could have been so much worse! ;)

Ballcocks! Having been assured by Mrs Nod that Sainsburys was open until 20:00, I was leaving it until 7 before braving it. Just discovered that it closes at 18:00. Good job we don't really need anything.

So he left the gas to the cooker turned off and the gas tap is behind some bloody bit of trim that needed unscrewing just so I could cook my tea. Was a right wrestle to get the stupid trim off.

So he left the gas to the cooker turned off and the gas tap is behind some bloody bit of trim that needed unscrewing just so I could cook my tea. Was a right wrestle to get the stupid trim off.
Did you award the job to the lowest bidder? ;)

WAMT - Sky News. Their anchor just declared Tim Peake was spending Christmas in another galaxy.

Aargh.. Laptop Win 8.1 died and seems to have taken the recovery partition with it (it's there but corrupted). Not the best start this morning. Hi hum, looks like it's an opportunity to upgrade to a SSD. 99% confident that 99% is backed up. And I can get it started in safe mode.

Did you award the job to the lowest bidder? ;)

I used him for other work as well. His labour rates aren't the cheapest. I normally remind him to make sure the gas is back on but didn't. It wasn't an issue before today as this end area wasn't boxed in neatly.

Still annoyed though. Must have delayed my dinner by 5 minutes which is an age while hungry...one for the first world problems thread :)

Last edited:
argh.. Laptop Win 8.1 died and seems to have taken the recovery partition with it (it's there but corrupted)
And.. it's back again. Other than the recovery partition.

Umpteen combinations of enabled/disabled drivers and it's something to do with the Nvidia drivers not playing nicely with something else (things got a bit random with the selection of enables/disabled drivers as frustration mounted - some forensic settings examination will be required to see which exact combination has worked). Why do I hate graphics cards so much? - why are they at the root of so much trouble?

Ho hum, SSD is on it's way so I'll do that anyway.

Fireworks ....
WTF? Practising for the new year perhaps?

Came home to discover a "sorry we missed you" card from Yodel for 2 packages, that I paid and scheduled for delivery tomorrow when I knew I would be around to receive them.

I then have to go through the process of rescheduling the delivery for tomorrow, the original day they should have been delivered

A bloody idiot driving right up behind as I was reversing a van out of the yard. We have to play "musical vans" most mornings as we are blocked in by the person who you know is going to be last out !
Entrance is on a single track, one way entry to car park, so in order to get out someone has to move at least one other van then take it back into a vacant place.
Road was clear this morning, reversed out negotiating other vans and gates, luckily very slow and bump, a bloody car out of mirror view behind me.
Got out to check and driver just did a thumbs up, no damage, but just sat there despite the fact that the other driver trying to get out couldn't and I still had reversing lights on !!!!!!!
PRAT

Last edited:
Rip off hotel prices!

Thought I would book myself into a hotel for a couple of nights over Hogmanay (31 dec to 2 jan) and take the camera to get some shots of the street party etc.

The prices are extortionate to say the least, hotels that I stayed in before that would normally cost around £70 - £80 for the 2 nights are suddenly charging £300 - £400 for the same room!

The woman who was so drunk she didn't have a clue who she was talking to, insisted she knew me and that we had got drunk together the night before in my mums house..... er no I don't think so!

Low, bright sun glaring off the road all the way back from MiL's earlier. Shouldn't really complain about sunshine but it was a PITA!!!

The woman who was so drunk she didn't have a clue who she was talking to, insisted she knew me and that we had got drunk together the night before in my mums house..... er no I don't think so!
You fool your luck could have been in there :D

Something I'm grateful for is that I drive west to get to work and obviously, east to get home.
Due East for me. But it was still dark when I arrived so it wasn't an issue :D

Aftermath of Physio.
He started by massaging my back and shoulder area and then for some reason moved onto my rib cage, yesterday was very painful, today even more so.

On the positive side the pins and needles have gone from my fingers :)

The ground frost is gone already :(

An hour of fireworks to celebrate a split second?

Stepping on the scales first thing this AM. Diet and fitness has now started (again)!!!!

Great start to the year, washing machine sprung a leak all over the kitchen floor :banghead::(
Oh well new one being installed next friday :rolleyes:
Can't believe they want to charge me if I want a timed delivery on another day so had to arrange it for my next day off :mad:
Oh well an excuse for less housework :)

Two tyre punctures on two different cars :( Damn had to take the third one out today. Fingers crossed.

Two tyre punctures on two different cars :( Damn had to take the third one out today. Fingers crossed.

Not good I had 4 flats in a week on the works van a while back, 2 on consecutive days :(
In their infinite wisdom, RM has stopped us carrying spares so a 2 hour wait for breakdown to come and sort it :banghead:

In their infinite wisdom, RM has stopped us carrying spares...
Could you get away with sticking a can of Tyre Weld under the seat?
At least then you could drive back to base and enjoy a cuppa while it gets fixed.

Idiots driving way too fast this morning on the M5 in the pouring rain.

Then lo and behold big stuff up.

3/4 hour sitting in stationary traffic.

WAMT... Back into the office after a 10-day shutdown and the server won't switch on. It usually runs 24/7, but I switched everything off on Christmas Eve. The power supply is fine. Ironically it seems that switching it off might have killed it, and if I'd left it running it would probably be OK still.

John Lewis's price matching.

"Oh, we don't match on line retailers." OK, we'll collect the thing now. "Oh, we don't have it in stock." So, you're acting as an on line retailer. Well, there are other retailers with high street premises beating your price. "We'll check on them and get back to you." Still waiting.

Never knowingly undersold, my arse!

At least when I snip I usually acknowledge the fact!!! :p

For £10,000,000 I would do almost anything - certainly not undersold!

@StewartR , try taking the side off and checking the capacitors, especially around the CPU.
I've seen this several times; systems developing this fault can often run (and reboot) without problem, but will not come back up if powered down.

Heartburn. Been plagued by it every evening for god knows how long, spent the last few days avoiding different foods to see if anything helped. Guess I'll have to try and make a doctors appointment now and be told "I don't know why" by a professional.

Back