WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Post reported :p

:grin:

WAMT - just been trying to get quotes for storage, just ball park figures on a space to put a load of stuff for 3-4 months but oh no, you can't get any idea of price unless you give them all your personal details so they can contact you. Think I will have to do the 'walking in and asking for a price' thing :rolleyes:

WAMT - just been trying to get quotes for storage, just ball park figures on a space to put a load of stuff for 3-4 months but oh no, you can't get any idea of price unless you give them all your personal details so they can contact you. Think I will have to do the 'walking in and asking for a price' thing :rolleyes:

Def go and visit them... you will find that they will discount heavily....... The last storage place we used give us a discount of £118 pounds if we guaranteed a leaving date and paid cash up front and they upgraded the size for free :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Yv
WAMT?
Having to come to terms with the fact that my companions
of many years, will no longer be with me.

It was a short but respectful committal. :crying:

God, I'm gonna miss those trainers!

Its going to be one of those days isn't it...

Another one, back in mid December I got an email from an online directory aimed at brides, asking if I would put a link to the website on my preferred suppliers page. Nothing in it for me you understand, just one way traffic as it were. I get dozens of these kind of mails weekly, so as usual just hit delete. I have since had 2 more emails, the 2nd this morning, asking why I haven't responded. Still not going to, it might be less than polite.

Mrs Nod gets loads of things like that. Even more offering to improve her SEO. Not sure how they can get her any higher up page 1 using the city and the business type as search terms - she's pretty much top of the list of non advertiser listings and is (or was, last time I looked) top of the list in the other contender for the top spot (which is a sort of communal site for the local teachers to ply their trade.)

As for WAMT... Having to go to Sainsbury's! Mind you, we did manage to get to Tesco's and the car wash in the same outing so it was a very minor annoyance. Besides, we gotta eat so we gotta shop!

WAMT - coming in to work after about 13 microseconds of sleep last night. After over a week off my sleep pattern drifts round to 4 am in the morning to 11am/noon and it wont reset automatically the night before work unfortunately. Struggling to keep my eyes open and thinking about a sneaky exit soon.

Its going to be one of those days isn't it...

Another one, back in mid December I got an email from an online directory aimed at brides, asking if I would put a link to the website on my preferred suppliers page. Nothing in it for me you understand, just one way traffic as it were. I get dozens of these kind of mails weekly, so as usual just hit delete. I have since had 2 more emails, the 2nd this morning, asking why I haven't responded. Still not going to, it might be less than polite.

Now that is exactly the kind of email I WOULD reply to :)

Now that is exactly the kind of email I WOULD reply to :)

I would but cba anymore, I get so many of that kind of stuff I would waste half my days...

another WAMT - wallpaper that had double the length of pattern match it claimed on the label and ergo in order to finish the job, had to do some inventive 'patching' in discreet areas as it was bought 4 months ago as line ends and no chance of getting any more. In fairness though, smallest 'room' in the house and as long as you are sitting, you can't see those bits :LOL:

I would but cba anymore, I get so many of that kind of stuff I would waste half my days...

another WAMT - wallpaper that had double the length of pattern match it claimed on the label and ergo in order to finish the job, had to do some inventive 'patching' in discreet areas as it was bought 4 months ago as line ends and no chance of getting any more. In fairness though, smallest 'room' in the house and as long as you are sitting, you can't see those bits :LOL:

:) You just need to advise people that they are only allowed to enter the room at limbo level or not at all.

Mecca Bingo. Verlin Rainwater Solutions.

WAMT .....Big signs announcing the beggining (next Monday) of 7 weeks of road works on the A249.
Oh lovely :(

People who say "of" when they mean "have". Bad grammar in general - it's just laziness brought on by addicition to social media where most posts are forgotten 5 minutes after they have been made.

People with no great illness clogging up A&E because they want instant remedies to minor illnesses.

People who start petitions on Facebook to "persuade" organisations, that they have had no previous connection with, to change their approach to a subject.

Wamt the new tapatalk interface. I find it really confusing.

WAMT..... Some bellpiece in a company van (I won't tell you the name but the initials were KLT) jumping lanes on a roundabout forcing me to brake hard to avoid losing my front end. However...... my dashcam caught everything so I'll be uploading the footage to youtube when I get home and sending the link to the company in question an invite them to share their views of the standard of driving displayed by one of their employees.

Edit.... video footage of the incident that's now been sent to the company in question

Last edited:
People who say "of" when they mean "have". Bad grammar in general.

People who start sentences with "So", people who use # instead of 'No.' or 'Number', People who say or write "my bad", people who use any other sort of Americanism when they don't have the excuse of being American... and just people in general really.
Someone at work summed it up nicely a few years ago: "there are only two things I hate. People and things".

to avoid losing my front end

Well done for not using the normal internet spelling of loosing!

Steve.

Last edited:
Having to go look up the meaning of Phalaenopsis....:D I thought it was a rude word:eek:

Its a type of Orchid, otherwise known as a Moth Orchid.

Off the top of my head obviously...I didnt look it up on Google or anything...honest Guv :whistle:

Back