WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Sadly, it seems this is a very common problem. I personally think that delivery firms should be obliged to leave parcels with a neighbour if the recipient is not at home. There is no excuse for stealing, but parcels just being left on doorsteps is just stupid.

Yes, agree Andy but my point was the failure to ring the doorbell or use the door knocker to alert the householder especially when it was reasonable to assume that someone was at home. Car on the drive, lights on downstairs and upstairs.I still can''t get my head round why the driver didn't do that even if he/she was in a rush and didn't want to wait for a reply. Anyway..the speakers are great..lol.
 
Yes, agree Andy but my point was the failure to ring the doorbell or use the door knocker to alert the householder especially when it was reasonable to assume that someone was at home. Car on the drive, lights on downstairs and upstairs.I still can''t get my head round why the driver didn't do that even if he/she was in a rush and didn't want to wait for a reply. Anyway..the speakers are great..lol.
A lot of the delivery drivers round our way don’t ring or knock. The only one who regularly does and then waits is the postman. We have a loud doorbell and a Labrador who goes ballistic if anyone comes to the door but often we discover parcels left on the doorstep. Luckily we live in a cul de sac tucked away off a quiet village street : so far we’ve never lost anything.
 
We're clearing out paperwork in post-retirement phase. It's concerning how much paperwork with pensions contains personal information like account numbers and a small amount of financial data that could give a scammer opportunity to clone ID. I'm having to keep or shred many pages that contain little financial data that's useful but still represents a risk. It's also amazing how much paper is posted out along with fancy booklets that don't really tell you how to navigate the pension landscape in a useful way.
We are in the same position 67 and 68. I have masses of paperwork with loads of personal information. I am just going to buy a shredder, despite my wife saying she can tear it all up. She doesn't have a clue how much there is, thirty six years of every kind of bank/credit card info plus all the utilities and everything else.
I totally agree about pensions, mine is sorted but my wife has four and is convinced they won't pay out until she is 70.
 
Yes, agree Andy but my point was the failure to ring the doorbell or use the door knocker to alert the householder especially when it was reasonable to assume that someone was at home. Car on the drive, lights on downstairs and upstairs.I still can''t get my head round why the driver didn't do that even if he/she was in a rush and didn't want to wait for a reply. Anyway..the speakers are great..lol.
That gets me too. I've had a delivery when the first I know about it is an email saying your parcel has been delivered with a photo of the parcel on my doorstep. If they have enough time to take a photo(which I assume the delivery company requires) then they have enough time to knock on the door.

Dave
 
Sent off some speaker cable to a buyer, 48 hour delivery signed for, this signature costs extra. Buyer got in touch to say it hadn’t arrived yet ref number said delivered, on checking around his neighbour told him he’d seen a mail van outside so after some double checking there was the parcel under some of the contents of a wheelie bin! No attempt to deliver to either house or get a signature, I complained at the post office only to be told the sender and recipient must complain online to RM, Not worth the effort for the recovery of a little extra cost but with this level of service as well using one of the cheap couriers.
 
Had a parcel delivered to my "safe place - shed" by Royal Mail. Safe place? NOT in the shed (meter cupboard, as explained in their delivery instructions) but on the doorstep. Luckily, the rain had stopped by the time it was delivered. Maybe the extra fiver for DPD delivery would have been worth it!
 
Thinking about trying ‘inpost?’ The service that delivers to big yellow container of various boxes you collect from, local shop has one in the car park.
 
If all the other delivery companies can manage to deliver correctly to my door, as contracted to do, surely RM should be able to. I should not have to waste my time collecting something that should be delivered.
 
Back
Top