Wanna make a living?

Kodiak Qc

Suspended / Banned
Name
French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
Edit My Images
Yes

IT’S NO JOKE...
XXXXXXX is giving you a year to download anything you want for only $99. That's over 400,000 photos, graphics, backgrounds, design elements, and more!
Reactivate Now
ico-01.png

Unlimited Downloads
No download caps from our massive library.

400,000+ Choices Download anything you want from any category.

ico-03.png

Forever Yours
Keep everything you download forever.

ico-04.png

No Hidden Fees
Truly unlimited downloads with no hidden licensing fees.

Start Downloading Now!
Don’t wait, this offer expires in 2 days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite sure why you have posted this in this section.

Also why XXXXXXX out the name at the start but then leave a number of active links to them in the post?

Seems to be a risky marketing ploy. And a rather bad one for the photographers and graphic artists who's work is at risk.
However $99 is enough to keep away the total freeloader, and is probably as much as their average annual sales are to genuine but infrequent users.
The person who will gain most is the heavy user.
It makes little difference if the downloader never actually uses what he takes.
In reality it is probably close to break even... but it does not feel like it from a photographers point of view.

Hope you have permission to repost those images
As said above, is the critique section really the right place to post them anyway, how can we give critique on images
when we don't know who took them and whether they agree to it ?

Are we all allowed to post spurious emails now?

I wonder if these photos, rather than having come from stock photographers or other professionals, have been sourced from the plethora of photography competitions where you give all your rights away for a single £500 prize. They get thousands of 'free' photos from these 'competitions' and can then send them out, licence free, to these sort of companies who then sell them on.

So the chances are the photographers got paid a big fat sum of zero!

I think people are missing what kodiak is saying
It's a further devaluation of photography stock image sales making it harder for professionals to make a living from photography
When I first saw it I was almost starting to look for a report button to report as spam.

I think people are missing what kodiak is saying… It's a further devaluation of photography stock image sales making it harder for professionals to make a living from photography

Thank you so much for the
proper interpretation, Pete!
:clap::clap::clap:

I think people are missing what kodiak is saying
It's a further devaluation of photography stock image sales making it harder for professionals to make a living from photography

I keep hearing this but photography has changed beyond belief in the last 10 years, firstly with digital cameras capable of high res photos and lately with smartphones and tablets now capable of producing really good photos, at least as good as most people want.

Online newspapers and magazines publish excellent photos and hundreds of thousand of them every year - look at the guardian photographic section etc.

We are now swamped with literally BILLIONS of new photos every year - Tineye for instance has over 21 BILLION photos in its index and that is just a small fraction of the total images on the Internet.

And God knows how many are on Facebook, Snapchat and all the other social media sites.

The world is always changing, and while that may be a sad fact to some it is, nevertheless, true.

No one has an automatic guarantee in any profession that their jobs will always be safe - with the advent of the transistor valve makers such as Mullard slowly went out of business - who, apart from a few niche companies manufactures valves today?

Who makes carburettors for cars - or wheels for covered wagons - or telephone boxes - or........?

We are all subject to the market place and if our chosen profession is changing we have to adapt or, like lemmings, go over the cliff.

But excellence will always be in demand and so I believe the best photographers will always be in demand - and all these sites that many decry do at least provide a very inexpensive way to showcase your own talents.

Interesting topic for this discussion section of the forums, thanks Daniel. So $99 ......round it off $100, for access to a sea of images totally free to keep......wait a minute only two days to sign up got to hurry...........worldwide offer.....$100,000 for every thousand punters ..........................5000 punters half a million $s.............shut down and f**k off live the good life.........Now then where do they amass millions of images for peanuts. Mnm someone mentioned the Guardian posting images to them, read their rules on posting images, totally give them your images royalty free and free to sell them on Etc, and they are not the only ones. How many people have we had on TP wondering why they see their images appear online without payment. Bare this in mind some of the images you are conned out of could be worth hundreds of $s. Lots of people getting rich off the backs of decent people. Pro photographers have a right to feel aggrieved if their livelihood is going down the pan unfairly just the same as anyone losing their jobs.

I notice in the top right of the page it states 75% off,too early to do the maths but it looks like a two day marketing sale

Back