Want a bargain price tablet?..

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
SO HP have pulled out of the hardware race and the 16GB Touchpad is now just £89.00 and the 32gb version is £115.00! Big drop in price, might do someone on a budget or for their kids.

Get to PC world now though.. Dixons cleared stock since prices dropped this afternoon!

Not in stock anywhere I can see. Anyone know about price matches etc?

Also, offer is online only, not in store. Went to pc work and they said they only had 3 in stock and one person bought the lot-looking for drop by end of week so they can come back for 7 day price guarantee, also the store knew nothing about the offer til the customer came in. Great communication as ever in these places!

Anyone having any luck with any sites?
Tried currys, pcworld, dixons, carphone warehouse... waiting for the other retailers to follow suit now!

Seems anywhere that has stock is at the high(£350~) price. WebOS had real potential too, shame.

picked one up today at CPW, couldn't resist a £89 bargain gadget

Managed to get a couple from staples this morning at £115 for the 32gb version. Cheap travel tablet, cant go wrong.

Apparently the techies are already working on putting 2.2 (android) on to test stability and if all goes well then a push for honeycomb.

That would be nice!

I got two 16GB's, one for me one for my Dad. I had to pay £89+VAT, works out at about £113 delivered each, because I got it from our business IT supplier insight, called up the account manager after about an hour and halfs fruitless searching, he said yep got about 700 ready to go jus awaiting official confirmation, I will call your mobile as soon as I get it, 5 minutes later he was back and they'll be here tomorrow ;)

WebOS will be more than sufficient for the time being until Gingerbread/Honeycomb is ported (and they're starting work on 2.3 Gingerbread not 2.2 Froyo)

edit: and may I also point out WebOS is still going to be developed upon for the time being
http://www.pcworld.com/article/238656/future_of_hps_webos_the_faq.html

Last edited:
I know I lambast Nikon for their poor strategic decisions but my hats off to the HP Board for this (and their other recent announcements). A most impressive way of devaluing your company:LOL:

Bit of a bargain and would seem you'll be able to get a fair amount of use out of it despite it effectively being redundant.

I know I lambast Nikon for their poor strategic decisions but my hats off to the HP Board for this (and their other recent announcements). A most impressive way of devaluing your company:LOL:

Bit of a bargain and would seem you'll be able to get a fair amount of use out of it despite it effectively being redundant.

not true by a long stretch..this device had instantly found its way into millions of homes over the last few days, had it not been for the price drop I wouldn't have bought one and now our household will be sporting 2 of them. Therefore a massively increased user base means even if HP decide that WebOS is well and truly dead (which it is not, HP will still develop in in the hope to push it to other manufacturers, and with Google's acquisition of Motorola's mobile branch companies such as HTC and Samsung are currently said to be..concerned about Android) then plenty of community led projects will arise, touchdroid is already in motion so gingerbread will be coming to this tab sometime soon-ish, and Windows 8 is compiled with ARM architecture in mind so we could even see Microsofts next generation OS on this thing

The price drip has turned this into the must have gadget. Lol, funny as nobody was interested last week prompting hp's decision to can it. Maybe they should have tried a cheaper price from the start

Back