Wanted, a crocodile sandwich

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
No
Strange request, but is anyone here arty enough to be able to draw a cartoon style, black line drawing (maybe in marker pen, that sort of thing) of a crocodile sandwich?

I want to use it for a logo, so would need to scan it, and be able to save it as a TIFF or something like that. Unless someone can actually draw it in a graphics package...my art is not that good.

You would be surprised at the lack of crocodile sandwiches in clipart searches on google! :)

and make it snappy :LOL:

Indeed!

I actually need to separate a couple of different aspects of my photography business...hence the need for a change in direction. Hance the crocodile sandwich. Plain as mud, eh?

Have you seen the work of Ian D J on here?

I'm not sure if thats the style you're after but may be worth a look

I have seen that, the cartoon thread, before. He's very good in the style of postcards and viz and so on. Not quite the style I had in mind, but I bet he could turn his hand to it.

I sort of have the image in my head, simpley a cartoon croc with his head poking our the front and his tail out the back, between two slices of bread...

...just not sure I could draw it. :(

I'm sure Ian is your man ;)

Hi. I can have a go at it (and include that in my Great Doodle project while I'm at it). Can have it done for tomorrow if you want (a crocodile sandwiched between two pieces of bread, it wouldn't take me that long).

It did remind me of a photography-related cartoon I did a few years ago, though.

breakfastjoke_zpsd03be6f2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. I can have a go at it (and include that in my Great Doodle project while I'm at it). Can have it done for tomorrow if you want (a crocodile sandwiched between two pieces of bread, it wouldn't take me that long).

It did remind me of a photography-related cartoon I did a few years ago, though.

breakfastjoke_zpsd03be6f2.jpg

Ha ha...nice one.

Would you do that for me? Would it cost me anything?

Basically, it needs to be simple, possibly like a black marker pen drawing, which can be shrunk to be used as a logo on an image and will be maybe an inch square on the final image (mainly for web-based images, although may be used as an online logo elsewhere).

You sure? And let me know if it costs me owt! :)

Ha ha...nice one.

Would you do that for me? Would it cost me anything?

Basically, it needs to be simple, possibly like a black marker pen drawing, which can be shrunk to be used as a logo on an image and will be maybe an inch square on the final image (mainly for web-based images, although may be used as an online logo elsewhere).

You sure? And let me know if it costs me owt! :)

It's on me as I just do my doodles for fun anyway, and it keeps me busy. Let's see how it comes out if I try and change my style a little to suit this (less cartoony and more logo-style).

Just saying, Ian DJ just messaged me and the croc sandwich drawing is excellent!

Many (public) thanks to him.

Now to sort out the brand!

"Photography by Crocodile Sandwich"

or just

"Crocodile Sandwich"?

:D

Just saying, Ian DJ just messaged me and the croc sandwich drawing is excellent!

Many (public) thanks to him.

Now to sort out the brand!

"Photography by Crocodile Sandwich"

or just

"Crocodile Sandwich"?

:D

Here's the drawing in question (Graig had the line art version he wanted but I decided to colour this one in and use it as today's cartoon for my 365-type project, The Great Doodle - only 21 cartoons to go!).

No343-Snappy_zps0bb42000.jpg

Since no one else has asked; how has the crocodile sandwich logo come about? It's an intriguing image!

That works!

I think I'll do something in the same lines for myself now, haha. (Even though I have "stamped" my work with the "IDJ media" logo anyway).

Since no one else has asked; how has the crocodile sandwich logo come about? It's an intriguing image!

I want to distance my kiddie and family photoshoots from my grown up photo shoots, and more importantly from my glamour photoshoots.

So I decided to go for a kiddie friendly idea.

Then I thought of something snappy (as in photographic snaps), and the crocodile sandwich joke sprang to mind, as in

"Waiter! bring me a crocodile sandwich...and make it snappy!"

Bet it will stick in people's minds a lot better than "Photography by CTS.Studio1", you reckon?

I want to distance my kiddie and family photoshoots from my grown up photo shoots, and more importantly from my glamour photoshoots.

So I decided to go for a kiddie friendly idea.

Then I thought of something snappy (as in photographic snaps), and the crocodile sandwich joke sprang to mind, as in

Bet it will stick in people's minds a lot better than "Photography by CTS.Studio1", you reckon?

It certainly makes you look twice, which is no bad thing!

I like it, both as a cartoon/doodle and as a logo. BUT, IMO it's too big in that photo and draws attention away from the young lady.

I like it, both as a cartoon/doodle and as a logo. BUT, IMO it's too big in that photo and draws attention away from the young lady.

It will only appear on the small sized internet versions of my images - customers get a small logo-less copy, and a large logo-less copy. I neded it to be big enough to see when small sized on, say, farcebook and the likes. :)

Cheers

Excellent idea very inventive, it works very well indeed (y)

And as always Ian, very nicely done (y)

Good stuff this! We had a similar idea a few years ago when we set up the Snappygear branding. We got a local design house to come up with the goods as our scribbles around the idea was awful!!

Back