Warehouse Express

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I ordered a filter set from them on Saturday, It does say on the website that stock is low, However i got an e-mail from them yesterday saying that it's out of stock and I'll have to wait or cancel, fair enough.

I go on to the web today and they havn't even updated it to out of stock:bang:

That really annoys the hell out of me:shake:

Bit naughty of them and very frustrating, I guess they still get the sales as a lot of people decide to wait seeing as refunds can take 7-10 days.

The same thing happened to me a while ago with Warehouse Express and it took ages for the item to arrive. Not done business with them again

They have always been a bit poor at updating stock levels, they didn't have a stock level indicator at all until fairly recently :( I tend to always call up first now which sort of defeats the point of buying online.

I also ordered a "low stock" item last Friday and received an email yesterday confirming that it's out of stock. A quite obscure, imported item and is more than likely it wasn't in stock when I ordered. I've always had excellent service in the past but it makes you wonder if they've fallen into the "minimum stock" retail syndrome.

Bob

I always phone these days, I don't trust their stock info on the website. Same for fotosense.

Unless you're told otherwise (up front) you shouldn't be charged until an item is dispached.

A lot of retailers will charge first though which is a complete pain.

I ordered a filter set from them on Saturday, It does say on the website that stock is low, However i got an e-mail from them yesterday saying that it's out of stock and I'll have to wait or cancel, fair enough.

I have that with them too.
I now take their Low Stock warning as meaning None.

I've had the same experience twice and the second time I was even told they are in stock when I ordered, only to receive the email later.
We're all feeling the credit crunch, but if they want my business I'd rather they were honest.

warehouse express bought a few thing off them now never any problems.

but i just phone them then popped into store when i was p there.. lol

was going to buy my D300 from them and eneded up getting it from currys £988.48 cant remember the pence but it was the cheapest place..

I've had the same experience twice and the second time I was even told they are in stock when I ordered, only to receive the email later.
We're all feeling the credit crunch, but if they want my business I'd rather they were honest.

I don't think they were actually lying. :thinking:

If stock is low, it is possible that when they look on their system it shows as in stock but an order may then be processed for the last one before yours.

I ordered a 'low stock' item yesterday evening and have just received a despatch notice email.

I ordered a lens from them, marked as low stock, had the email to say it was out of stock, waited a month still no sigh, so I cancelled the order. Wont use them again.

I always ring them and ask, they will physically check for you.

They explained the problem was with their system not updating shop sales accurately.

Yep, I've been there, done that too.
Even worse on one occasion I called them to confirm stock and still I received an email to tell me it was not in stock.

I tend not to use them now unless they have something at a "really" good price.

I have to be honest and say I've never had a problem with them, although I do always phone and check availability first.

More often than not I'll drive over there to collect it and then have a drive up to Woodbastwick for a pint in Woodfordes Brewery Tap 'The Fur and Feather Inn'. This is also close to the picturesque Salhouse Broad making it ideal for immediate equipment testing.

I go on to the web today and they haven't even updated it to out of stock:bang:

A week after my "low stock" order for an item that is "out of stock" and they're still showing "low stock" on the website.
I'm sure that it must be within the rules but I see it as just plain dishonest :shake:.

Disgruntled of Oxon

A week after my "low stock" order for an item that is "out of stock" and they're still showing "low stock" on the website.
I'm sure that it must be within the rules but I see it as just plain dishonest :shake:.

Disgruntled of Oxon

Well if it is within the rules then the rules need changing.
I could understand it may take a little time to update a system but a week is just too long. For anyone considering ordering something there's a huge difference between seeing something marked as "low stock" as opposed to "no stock"

I think 9 times out of 10 with Warehouse Express when they say stock is low it`s more or less `out of stock` rather than low, if i`m ever gonna buy anything off them i`ll always phone to be sure its in stock, and to be fair i think you have to do that with most companies now, how many companies had low stock of the nikon 50mm 1.4G lens when it came out only for it to be sold out everywhaere.

I've cancelled my WHE order after a plea to Kerso who's agreed to get me one and 10% cheaper into the bargain.

Bob

I've never had a problem with warehouse express, although its been awhile since I ordered something from them. They do seem to be having alot more problems with stock issues since the exchange rate crash and they aren't as competitive with their prices as they once were, nowadays, I do look around more at prices and they're not my first choice of supplier anymore.

Last edited:
I'm lucky that I don't live too far from their showroom. However, I went in once to buy a battery grip, but didn't know the part number. The lady behind the counter turned the monitor round, and passed me the mouse, so I could find the item I wanted on their website. When I found it, I showed it to the lady who noticed the "Low Stock" thingy in the top corner, she then went into the warehouse and came back shaking her head telling me they were out of stock and that they had 3 on back order!

Obviously, the staff in the showroom know about how inaccurate their website is so the people in charge of it all must know about it too. This was weeks and weeks ago, so surely they should have sorted it out by now??!!:thinking:

I ordred 15 rolls of film last time with WE and received only 5. they said it's out of stock and will send me the rest when it come back to stock. they did charged only 5 rolls and after two weeks I received the rest then they charge those seperately. it was never out of stock on their website though

Some "low stock" items are actually in stock but these are few and far between...

Defeats the object of having the indicator when it's probably best to ring them in the first place..

Going off topic just a tad, their prices for items have shot up of late, paticularly for accessories

I've ordered a few things from them before and everytime they say it's in stock, they phone me up and say "errr we don't have it, it'll take a few weeks to arrive" so I ask for a refund. The most recent (after Christmas), was a camera and on the day it was supposed to arrive, they rang up and said "errr we don't have it, it'll be a few weeks.....". So I asked for a refund and I will never use them again, as it's been the same for all my orders :bang:

had the same issue with BP511 batteries from 7day shop

Said low stock and then sed no stock in an email

2 months on being yesterday i havent received any emails just by chance i checked my bank account and the statement revealed 10.98 reduction from 7dayshop

these were not genuine bp511 that you now may have guessed.

Also i bought some 2GB extreme III cards from there and received no recovery disc

is this suppose to happen?

My WE item just arrived....broken.
They won't dispatch another, which I needed in a hurry. Poor policy imo. :thumbsdown:

My WE item just arrived....broken.
They won't dispatch another, which I needed in a hurry. Poor policy imo. :thumbsdown:

Why? What happens if you send the first one back and it is fine, or that you had damaged it rather than in transit, or if you don't send it back at all?

You can't expect a replacement without the initial product being returned - would you walk into a physical shop asking for a replacement without bringing the original broken one back? Didn't think so

You can't expect a replacement without the initial product being returned -
Sure I can. And in fact have done so with a number of other vendors.When I tell them it's physically broken they trust me. I don't have to prove it to them - it's in their interest to keep happy customers
would you walk into a physical shop asking for a replacement without bringing the original broken one back?
That's the point - I can't walk into an internet vendor on the same day - or I would do so and have the whole thing sorted out in time. The point is irrelevant
Didn't think so
I don't think you thought at all tbh.

Friendly fruad is on the increase as more and more people realise how easy it is to rip off internet retailers.

Me pointing out that you are asking for a replacement without returning the original is not irrelevant it's the entire point, a physical shop wouldn't do it why should an internet retailer? You shop online because it's cheaper, but you have to wait a couple of days for postage and even longer if it needs returning for any reason - you pay your money and take your choices.

If you want it immediately and to be able to return it instantly cough up the extra cash and support a physical shop not a prodominantly internet retailer

Friendly fruad is on the increase as more and more people realise how easy it is to rip off internet retailers.

Me pointing out that you are asking for a replacement without returning the original is not irrelevant it's the entire point - you shop online because it's cheaper, you have to wait a couple of days for postage and even longer if it needs returning for any reason.

If you want it immediately and to be able to return it instantly cough up the extra cash and support a physical shop not a prodominantly internet retailer

Me pointing out that you are asking for a replacement without returning the original is not irrelevant it's the entire point - you shop online because it's cheaper, you have to wait a couple of days for postage and even longer if it needs returning for any reason.
I still disagree. In certain circumstances I would (and have) walked in to a physical shop to get a replacement without the original.
And again, the point re.costs is irrelevant. I shopped at WE due to availability/convenience, not to save money.
Perhaps this could resolve if you just accept others have differing opinions and there isn't a right answer!

I like warehouse express but agree, the website stock levels are pure fiction. A bit like Jacobs who don't show true stock levels on the web, just "stock available in our group but if a shop wants it and you order it from the web you can forget it as shops are more important" :)

Checked stock over the phone, ordered over the phone 4pm. Friday, arrived 7.50 Saturday morning, 15 hours, must be beginners luck as I have never purchased via web/ phone / credit card before, BUT IMPRESSED SO FAR.(y)(y)

I still disagree. In certain circumstances I would (and have) walked in to a physical shop to get a replacement without the original.
And again, the point re.costs is irrelevant. I shopped at WE due to availability/convenience, not to save money.
Perhaps this could resolve if you just accept others have differing opinions and there isn't a right answer!

I just think any retailer, Internet or physical, who gives people a new item without receiving the original item back first is plain stupid, really... that's NO way to do business unless the customer is very well known or has an account... but best of luck to you for trying and succeeding in doing it. After all, we all want our items yesterday, don't we? :D

Back