Warning!! Cute spider alert

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

A Zebra jumping spider out on the hunt. Size 5mm approx.

2292962281_2c35b30271_o.jpg

2293748786_6fa0f6fb79_o.jpg

Spiders can never be cute Alby!! Although that one does look rather fluffy....lovely shots and amazing detail you have picked up!

Thanks for you lovely comments, it's nice to see so many spider lover here :LOL: ;)

Awww, what a cutie. Great shooting. Love the detail.

Thanks for you lovely comments, it's nice to see so many spider lover here :LOL: ;)

Great stuff as usual buddy(y). Can't understand why so many people don't like or are frightened of spiders. I love em and have never deliberately killed one in over 30 years. Great to have them about the house, cleaning up scabby, disease spreading insects people should be concerned about.

Great detail (y)
And those eyes!! :clap:

Cute is those eyes I reckon, thanks everyone for your comments ;)

V, that's one of the fundamental rules of insect macro photography, get the eyes sharp and the rest is quite forgiving. ;)

V, that's one of the fundamental rules of insect macro photography, get the eyes sharp and the rest is quite forgiving. ;)

But which one Alby what with a choice of so many and all :shrug: :D
Great as usual (y)

I have a HUGE phobia of spiders (i broke a spiders nest when I was 7, had them crawling all over the sleeve of my jumper, pulled the jumper off over my head and guess where all the millions of baby spiders went?......yup, in my hair :eek: I've never got over it :thumbsdown:

But eventually I had to look at this thread Alby and, yet again, you have set the benchmark for macro work (y) Simply excellent photos Sir, the DOF in the second one is Rizla thin yet you still nailed the focus on his eyes :notworthy:

Very impressive shots Alby, really sharp with incredible detail.

I took some photos of one of these little guys a few years back with a compact camera and remember noticing how 'aware' of their environment they are, turning to face the camera/me and backing off when I'd get too close. My old compact could focus up to 1cm from the lens so I'd take a series of shots getting gradually closer until it would move or jump away.

Macrophotography is an area I'd really like to explore again with my DSLR and I see from your sig you're using a canon 350D, what macro lens do you use?

Thanks and keep up the great work, inspirational :)

Another over here with a spider phobia, even though I know its irrational I cant help it, for the most part they make me feel physically sick.
So why do I agree with you that this one is such a cutie? :puke:
Probably because in your amazing image, he looks a bit fluffy & cuddly, and more likely to want to sit and be stroked by me, instead of running at me at break-neck speed, resulting in a splat of sudden death! :LOL:

Excellent stuff Alby! (y)

You Swine... you swine... you swine...You did it again,
I Love Jumping Spiders, How the heck did you get it to stay still???

Cute, in a strange kinda way! :D

But which one Alby what with a choice of so many and all
Great as usual (y)
Thanks Chris, the front ones :LOL:;)
I have a HUGE phobia of spiders (i broke a spiders nest when I was 7, had them crawling all over the sleeve of my jumper, pulled the jumper off over my head and guess where all the millions of baby spiders went?......yup, in my hair I've never got over it

But eventually I had to look at this thread Alby and, yet again, you have set the benchmark for macro work Simply excellent photos Sir, the DOF in the second one is Rizla thin yet you still nailed the focus on his eyes
Thanks G, that sound awful, they have never bothered me even as a Kid.
Very impressive shots Alby, really sharp with incredible detail.

I took some photos of one of these little guys a few years back with a compact camera and remember noticing how 'aware' of their environment they are, turning to face the camera/me and backing off when I'd get too close. My old compact could focus up to 1cm from the lens so I'd take a series of shots getting gradually closer until it would move or jump away.

Macrophotography is an area I'd really like to explore again with my DSLR and I see from your sig you're using a canon 350D, what macro lens do you use?

Thanks and keep up the great work, inspirational
Thanks Justin. I used the Canon 350d and the MP-e65 and flash was the 430ex off camera.
Another over here with a spider phobia, even though I know its irrational I cant help it, for the most part they make me feel physically sick.
So why do I agree with you that this one is such a cutie?

Probably because in your amazing image, he looks a bit fluffy & cuddly, and more likely to want to sit and be stroked by me, instead of running at me at break-neck speed, resulting in a splat of sudden death! :LOL:

Excellent stuff Alby! (y)
Glad to see you're coming round to liking spiders haha. These little 5mm long spiders just walk about hoping to bump into a meal, they jump over gaps and onto their meal. ;)
You Swine... you swine... you swine...You did it again,
I Love Jumping Spiders, How the heck did you get it to stay still???
Thanks James, I think :LOL: they don't stay still you just have to be quick. :)
Cute, in a strange kinda way! :D
Thanks LB cute is cute as ;)

Cheers Alby. I can see I'm going to need to absolutely love macro photography if I'm to invest in the MP-e65 but your results are some of the best I have seen and really goes towards justifying the investment.

Keep up the great work, I'm off to browse through some more of your photos! :D

Cheers Alby. I can see I'm going to need to absolutely love macro photography if I'm to invest in the MP-e65 but your results are some of the best I have seen and really goes towards justifying the investment.

Keep up the great work, I'm off to browse through some more of your photos! :D
Thanks again Justin and it's very kind of you to say. ;)
Wow love that 2nd shot

Thanks for looking Ryan ;)

Nice one Alby....looks like you're getting to grips with the MP-E quite quickly (y)

Bob

Wow, fantastic shots!

The first one is my favouirte, I love the detail on the eyes and the hairs of the spider, the second one is good as well.

Excellent captures Alby, yet to see one of these this year.
Thanks Alistair. These are the first I've seen.
Fantastic stuff Alby (y)(y) love the way he's stepping into the light in no.2
Thanks WM, much appreciated :)
Wow, fantastic shots!

The first one is my favouirte, I love the detail on the eyes and the hairs of the spider, the second one is good as well.

Thanks Jophotography. I'm glad you like ;)

one of my favourite macro subjects, nice shots, they are cute :)

one of my favourite macro subjects, nice shots, they are cute :)

One of mine too Dod, some of our little spiders are quite spectacular up close aren't they. :)

Back