*WARNING*Not for the FAINT HEARTED (Blood)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

A Mosquito had a good feed off the back of my hand today.
Safe landing.

Terrific sequence! superb!
You have omitted the final shot though, the one where your other hand comes down and splats the little bugger :D

Terrific sequence! superb!
You have omitted the final shot though, the one where your other hand comes down and splats the little bugger :D

Haha you forget I had the camera in the other hand :LOL::LOL:

Wow - how did you keep the camera steady with one hand and was it a coincidence that the mosi landed on you?
I just took the opportunity as it arouse. I shot quite a lot one handed when bugs are out of reach but I what the shot.:D
You are producing some stunning work recently Ajophotog. You and that kit of your is a deadly combination. :clap:

Thanks MK :D I use it more than my Canon gear these days.

Haha you forget I had the camera in the other hand :LOL::LOL:

:D well maybe you should have hit it with the camera then and kept shooting for a close-up of the demise :LOL:
I'll say it again a brilliant sequence!

:D well maybe you should have hit it with the camera then and kept shooting for a close-up of the demise :LOL:
I'll say it again a brilliant sequence!
Thanks again Cobra:D:D

absolutely amazing pictures, again.
what flash do you use, your pictures are always well illuminated.

seriousely, these pics are above and beyond the call of duty. I would have splat it then took pictures.

That is AMAZING!!! :clap::clap: Fantastic set of pictures - what camera did you use?
Thanks for looking LP, the camera is my Panasonic FZ8 with the Raynox msn 202 connected.:)
absolutely amazing pictures, again.
what flash do you use, your pictures are always well illuminated.

seriousely, these pics are above and beyond the call of duty. I would have splat it then took pictures.

Thanks for looking Torque, I just use the onboard flash as it doesn't have a hotshoe and a home made diffuser, made from a toilet roll tube, tin foil and kitchen paper all held on with a rubber band. :)

Thanks for looking LP, the camera is my Panasonic FZ8 with the Raynox msn 202 connected.:)

Thanks for looking Torque, I just use the onboard flash as it doesn't have a hotshoe and a home made diffuser, made from a toilet roll tube, tin foil and kitchen paper all held on with a rubber band. :)

Like to see a picture of that....sounds like a real Blue Peter job.

Oh.....my.....lordy........:clap:

Cracking stuff :)

Horrible little things, but stunning shots, nice one!(y)

Wow! (Hope you've had your malaria tabs :LOL:)

Seriously....these are wonderful. I can't believe you sat still enough to take these one handed and actually let the little B***er drink from you!

Top class stuff :clap:
It wasn't that difficult really as I was able to rest the camera on my arm being bitten. Thanks for looking:D
Horrible little things, but stunning shots, nice one!(y)
Thanks Ian :D
Fantastic shots, funny cause I tried this last night and gave up in the end.
It must be the after shave I'm wearing :LOL::LOL:
Excellent stuff, one handed macro - I have trouble with using both hands....... :LOL:
Thanks JPS :D

I'm so tempted to buy one of these Raynox doodahs for my old Sony H1 thats knocking about.

Stunning macros.
Thanks for looking Tom. I use them on my canon too so if you did get one don't just save it for your Sony.;)

I think we should be thanking you for sharing these pictures with us :D - they are amazing.

For a beginner like me with just my 350D and kit lens, what would you recommend as my next step/purchase towards better macro shots? Lets say I had only £200 to spend - or would that not be enough :(

I think we should be thanking you for sharing these pictures with us :D - they are amazing.

For a beginner like me with just my 350D and kit lens, what would you recommend as my next step/purchase towards better macro shots? Lets say I had only £200 to spend - or would that not be enough :(
Thanks for your kind words CD. I take a shot with my canon and the raynox dcr 250 tomorrow and show you the outcome. The raynox is about £35 ish and you could get another lens with what you have leftover;)
Which lenses do you use it with on your DSLR? I'm guessing they're too small to use with my Sigma 150mm macro (72mm filter), but what sort of effect do they have on 'standard' zoom lenses?
I use it with my 28-105 and the 70-300. You need a thread size between 52-67mm for the adaptor.
Great, as usual!

Thanks Praxis.:D

Makes my skin crawl as they are one living creature I really don't like much ... :eek:

But your images are really stunning AJ ... (y) ... and they make a wonderful sequence ... :clap:

:p

lol Ajophotog i know of another forum you go on ;-) these are cool shots ta for your personal sacrifice!!

lol Ajophotog i know of another forum you go on ;-) these are cool shots ta for your personal sacrifice!!
Thanks MrEd, that must be POTN the canon site?:) I see you are MrEd on there too :)

some stunners there !!!! whats next .... fleas ?

Thanks MrEd, that must be POTN the canon site?:) I see you are MrEd on there too :)

yep indeed far less confusing remembering what username for what site lol...... yeh i go on there even tho i only have one canon thing lol

Heheh, my wife just came in and ran out screaming :D Awesome shots :notworthy:

some stunners there !!!! whats next .... fleas ?
Hey what you saying David :LOL: Dunno really, just see what comes along I suppose.
yep indeed far less confusing remembering what username for what site lol...... yeh i go on there even tho i only have one canon thing lol
Like I've said before I use my panny more now than my canon but still post on the canon site :)
Heheh, my wife just came in and ran out screaming :D Awesome shots :notworthy:

Well I've never had that effect on a lady before :LOL::LOL: Thanks for the comment.:D

Absolutely cracking shots and a fabulous sequence

Back