Was Beginning to Despair

Name
Frilly
Edit My Images
No
Just got my MPE 65 and flash. I've been using the 100 macro to get shots of bees using AF. They're not ones for keeping still, it seems. Couldn't even get close to finding the bee in the viewfinder using the 65. I also did badly trying to capture a small insect trapped in a cobweb. The wind was blowing the web backwards and forwards, making it impossible (for me) to even find it in the viewfinder. I actually put the camera neck strap on, just to stop myself hurling the camera down the garden in a fit of temper. I got a couple of shots of the honeysuckle, but found them totally uninspiring.

Then, I spotted this fellow sitting there. Got him at 2x, but the little so-and-so moved while I was trying to get him at 4x. Never mind, I've got a semi-successful shot under my belt.

125843140.jpg

BTW, blooming 'eck, doesn't the viewfinder go seriously dark at 5x ?

Really like the detail you have captured in the eyes, keep practising it will get easier.

Thanks for the positive comments, everyone. I'm working hard at the moment on acquiring the target in the viewfinder. Still finding it difficult. Going to work on that first, before trying to get clever with lighting.

Back