Water collision

tnx Mashmash and Mick :)

@ Mick: did them pretty much same way I do normal drops.... but used a valve to control the ammount of drops

tnx Mashmash and Mick :)

@ Mick: did them pretty much same way I do normal drops.... but used a valve to control the ammount of drops

Cheers, been looking around google to find the method. Did you simply increase the drip rate?

Mick

Mick really I noticed that when I put the flash on HSS and set it up to 1000 shutter i didnt manage any drops. Also I used a common plate and when it was full to the brim and my container was almost empty thats when the collsions started appearing. Drop rate was a bit faster thn normal... more then that and its a chaos of splashing water. Granted they are far from perfect but always a start

Mick really I noticed that when I put the flash on HSS and set it up to 1000 shutter i didnt manage any drops. Also I used a common plate and when it was full to the brim and my container was almost empty thats when the collsions started appearing. Drop rate was a bit faster thn normal... more then that and its a chaos of splashing water. Granted they are far from perfect but always a start

The guide I looked at was this http://www.ephotozine.com/article/water-drop-photography-12434

I recommends a dark room to maximise the flash effect

•Manual Mode on the camera set at 1/60s and f/22
•Manual mode on the flash also, set at 1/64 or 1/32 power setting. These power settings will make the flash duration really short - meaning you are able to freeze the motion to a shutter speed of approximately 1/40000 of a second even though the camera is set to 1/60!

I used a new paint tray & coloured card for my standard droplet shots.

Mick

those where all shot (the ones showning apart from a couple)

Shutter 200, f5.6/ 6.3
ISO 400

as for lightning 2 flashes, one mounted on and the other used as slave from the side and an LED ring hooked to the front of the lens (to protect the lens from splashing as well) plugged to the main.

Shot between 10 and miday and I can tell u that lightning was impertative anyway so no need for F22s which I think is a bit too harsh.... I love shallow dof anyway

Tripod all the way and shutter release as well

thank u digi, infact after seeing your bloody milk shot that triggered my lazy bum after a whole week saying to get this moving :)

Some nice shots there .. good work!

Back