3.jpg

4-
4.jpg

C&C always welcome

Last edited:
These are absolutely superb !!!!
Love the colours.
Can you let us in on the set-up ?

Top marks Paul think your on to something. Is this Mk 2 ? (y)

All excellent shots, really very good esp 3 (y) I'm definitely going to have to try this :D:

wowi!!! exellent work, i looove number 2 but their all special :clap:

Thanks everyone for the comments :)

Some of your best yet I think Paul(y)

Thanks Alby there going in the right direction

These are absolutely superb !!!!
Love the colours.
Can you let us in on the set-up ?

Thanks - I'll try and get some photos tomorrow

Top marks Paul think your on to something. Is this Mk 2 ? (y)

Thanks Albi - this is indeed MKII, MKIII is currently under construction with MKIV in design :eek:

Really good - great colours.

I'd love to hear how you did this.

IThanks - I'll try and get some photos tomorrow

Last edited:
For those who wanted to see the rig i'm currently using

kit.jpg

The water bottle is setup as a Mariotte Siphon which helps to get a contstant drip output and i have fitted a valve to the bottle (yellow / red thing in the photo) which allows me to control the speed of the drips.

The infra-red transmitter sends a beam of light to the receiver (mounted opposite to itself) , when this beam is broken a signal is sent to a flash trigger which has a delay timer built into it, once the delay has been reached a signal is sent to flash to fire.

So to get it all to work i use manual setting on the camera

Aperture F20 ish
Shutter BULB
ISO as low as i can get away with useually 200
Flash Fully Manual
Focus Manual
Lens Sigma 105mm or 150mm macro

then i pre focus the camera on the point of impact of the drip (can be a pain)
Adjust the flash delay timer to catch the water drop in the position i want to capture it (will be a pain) then once i have got this set-up . switch all the lights off open the shutter on the camera, switch on the infra-red detector and the next drop will trigger the flash which provides enough light to take the image, close the shutter , switch on the lights and check the image on the PC which will be out of focus and taken at the wrong time :bang: go through the process above untill you get it right or give up :bonk:

This is the MKII version with MKIII currently being built to give electronic control over the drops :geek:

Last edited:
Vey impressive setup. I love the pics ! The colours are wonderful ! No #3 is my favourite.

Now thats a posh set up! But worth it for those results. I think your background really helps to set these off nicely.

Wow, these are great! And thanks so much for posting a shot of your set-up, it gives a much better idea of how to go about it!

Chris

sorry not 20 questions but did you print the background yourself using photoshop or something, if you bought it were from?

thanks
rob

sorry not 20 questions but did you print the background yourself using photoshop or something, if you bought it were from?

thanks
rob

HI - I just print the backgrounds from photoshop and put them in a A4 clip frame.

waiting with baited breath for details :) I can't get my head around doing this. Also dropping two drops almost straight after each other:thinking:

Dave i'm looking at using a electrically operated valve to release the water from a pipe rather than waiting for a drop to form and switching this in quick succession (or 2 valves with a small delay) this may have to be slightly pressurised :thinking: - I'm trying to source some valves that will switch fast enough at the moment .

Amazing shots and a fantastic set up too!

The results are phenomenal!! :clap:

Dave i'm looking at using a electrically operated valve to release the water from a pipe rather than waiting for a drop to form and switching this in quick succession (or 2 valves with a small delay) this may have to be slightly pressurised :thinking: - I'm trying to source some valves that will switch fast enough at the moment .

do you get out much mate? :LOL:
i know what you mean, I tried to source somea while back but anything decent was a bit out of my budget. Kepp up the good work (y)

Wow!! These are amazing. Not only are they well executed, but the droplets are so sharp!!
Thanks for sharing your set-up.

do you get out much mate? :LOL:
i know what you mean, I tried to source somea while back but anything decent was a bit out of my budget. Kepp up the good work (y)

:p

Those are fascinating I can't get anywhere near that detail or colours. Looking at a few of these threads it seems that to get the colours the light has to be coming from a right angle rather than from the camera itself.

Sean

I try and get the flash from the side and coming up from below if possible.

Ok I admit it, they are good. Better than good, excellent. Some of the best Ive seen.

Back