Water Drops

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
My camera club is running a competition entitled "water" and we're allowed to enter to images (in print).

Had a play with water drops the other evening and came up with these 5 images. I've got an idea as to which ones to enter, but would like to hear what the good folks on TP think.

So, if you wouldn't mind, please could you tell me which are your 2 picks (and offer any C&C whilst you're at it)

Cheers
Gary

1. This is my favourite. It's reasonably sharp, nice crown with a lovely reflection. There's the bonus of 2 drops falling which again, are reasonably sharp.
5252449746_3c5aefb185_b.jpg

2. OK, so not an action shot of water drops falling, but I really like the lighting and the colour.
5251842233_4af4890eb3_b.jpg

3. Back to the action shots. I like the composition with the larger drop coming from top right (which is very sharp) and the "splash".
5251842679_22f30df2de_z.jpg

4. I like this a lot - it's like a finger poking up through the surface of the water and balancing a drop on the "finger tip"
5252450680_57ce076c9e_z.jpg

5. In my mind, the weaker of the 5. Quite sharp, but not quite the "capture" that the others are.
5252450254_a039fd021b_z.jpg

#4 may do it. Assuming it's a crop I'd back off a little and do some noise reduction etc.

Last edited:
#4 may do it. Assuming it's a crop I'd back off a little and do some noise reduction etc.

strange number 4 was my least favourite of the bunch. I think it was down to the very central composition and the small splash droplets :shrug:

personally I like #3 the best, the composition for me is the strongest

I agree I would say that #3 is my favourite. Loving the top right droplet very sharp.

Back