Waterfall

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
First outing of 08 for me, a local waterfall which was flowing quicker than normal due to the melting snow...
I'll post others later.

_MG_4781%20copy.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

That is fantastic, perfect composition, the shutter speed is righ as well in my opinion.

keep up the good work

Rob

Really like this Ken (y)
Good detail, colours, compostion and exposure.
Look forward to seeing more :clap:

Pretty damn ace(y)(y)

Great composition, and the shutter speed has worked wonders. However I'm a little distracted by the background, something doesn't seem quite right. Maybe to much levels or contrast. But still a great image. Keep up the good work

really liking that one ken.:clap:

is this shot with filters or a few layered.. or one shot :thinking:

any chance of some info if you please :D

md (y)

Thanks guy's.....

really liking that one ken.:clap:

is this shot with filters or a few layered.. or one shot :thinking:

any chance of some info if you please :D

md (y)

Thanks mate....One shot and no filters, the water was flowing quick enough to get by without them.
Thanks again.
Ken.

:clap:
much appreciated thank you ken..(y)

dam:help: i may try something like this tommorrow doubt ill post them up though.:LOL:

md (y)
thanks again mate

(y) well composed, exposure spot on, brilliant shot in my opinion :woot:

:clap:
much appreciated thank you ken..(y)

dam:help: i may try something like this tommorrow doubt ill post them up though.:LOL:

md (y)
thanks again mate
Shot these early-ish in the morining but this place doesn't get any sun early on so f16 got me 1sec...

(y) well composed, exposure spot on, brilliant shot in my opinion :woot:
Thanks mate.

really well taken that one mate!!

Nice effect. well done.:clap::clap:

Great shot Ken, really nice work :clap:

I love the colours!

Great Shot!

wonderful I like the greens and red of the stone I like the silk like effect of the water watefall shots are always a fave

Fantastic waterfall shot. I can't really add to what's already been said tbh. Spot on in every way :clap:

I really like this. It almost looks HDR :clap::clap:

Thanks again for all the further comments....Pleased you liked it.
Cheers.
Ken.

I love eveything about this image. Beautifully composed. The whole balance is awesome and the colours are superb.
I don't think you could pick a better shutter speed.
I've always wanted to take a photo like this but there just aren't any waterfalls nearby.
If I do manage to take one and it comes out half as good as this its going on the wall!!

Great work Ken

This is a winner.. well done.. the water looks perfect imo.. How ya gonna beat THAT!!! lol..

Must of missed this first time through, it looks great I love the colours you have managed to capture and the shutter speed looks spot on.(y)

Its a beautiful photograph.
As a complete novice could you explain to me how you take a photograph like this?

A nice slow shutter speed gives you that dreamy effect on the water...this is superbly done.:clap:

Thanks very much for the comments, as always greatly appreciated.

Its a beautiful photograph.
As a complete novice could you explain to me how you take a photograph like this?

Firstly it is a much easier task on a dull or overcast day...but certainly when the light is not as strong ie: early morning or late afternoon. This way you can achieve the slower shutter speeds without to many problems. Also the lack of light helps not blowing out (over exposing) the water whilst acquiring the detail surrounding the falls..... without the sun glinting from the rocks or water.
Depending on how milky you want the effect on the water to be = how long the shutter will be open, so the slower the shutter speed....the milkier the water.
To slow the shutter speed, use the smallest iso, and highest F no. (f22). Obviously if the effect is too much = shutter is open to long, then up the iso OR reduce the shutter speed OR reduce the aperture (f no.) Again depending on what you want to achieve.
All the above depends on how bright the area is and how fast the water is flowing.
You can also purchase nd filters to help make the exposures longer and are useful for this kind of shot, although I didn't use/need one here.
HTH.
Thanks again for the comments.
Ken.

Back