Watermark Removal

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, I had no idea which section this fell under and opted for this one in the end.

I recently did a newborn session for a mother and her baby. Well he was infact 7 weeks old at the time! The client was super fussy and she didn't want any editing on the photos what so ever. I explained to her how raw's work and she still insisted on no editing. So I thought fair enough I can save some images into a folder that have barely had anything done to them and she can see them agains't the ones I have nicely edited as well. So this folder went on the desktop and everything was going well until I deleted it by accident! I have ran a recovery program and still can't locate the deleted images despite me not doing anything with the computer since I deleted the files.

HOWEVER.. I do have 2 of the photos she liked best and they are watermarked as I usually save a few for portfolio reasons. I don't know why I did this as the 2 images are terrible! They are the two shots with mum holding baby and my backdrop wasn't big enough so had to clone like mad! Lighting was terrible too! For some reason she preferred these 2 shots over any of the others.

So my question is - would anyone here be able to remove my watermarks?! It's a very long shot I know, I just don't know any other way I can do it!

Any help is greatly appreciated! :D

9621897628_b73fd8b067_c.jpg

This is what the watermark would look like if it helps!

Eta - this is not the photo that needs work, I don't want to upload the ones I do without client permission!

Well, how difficult it will be to remove, will depend on the image. That image would be very easy to take the watermark off, as there is basically no detail or difference in tones in the affected area. If it's cutting across a person or something more complicated, then it becomes more difficult.

So, have you deleted your raw files, and you don't have a backup?

Thankyou, I do have a backup of the raws yes. I just didn't want to use those and start over as the 2 files I need recovering are heavily worked on due to the backdrop not being big enough!

Admirable, why the dot?

I had posted an edited version of the image in the 1st post and then saw your 'no edits' box crossed and it's not even the image in question.........................too early for me :)

Don't worry you can edit! I just hadn't gotten round to changing the settings (y) The image I have shown is not the one that needs working on. I think as the poster above says, the two that need doing are going to be tricky as they are overlapping the mothers body :(

So, stupid question: you've deleted the processed JPEGs.. have you also deleted the working files, PSDs or whatever they may be.

Yes I accidentally deleted my Jpegs - final images. And although I have the raws I really didn't want to have to re process as it literally took me ages on each of these due to the backdrop. Let me upload the jpegs I have with watermarks and this may help the situation! :LOL: I didn't really expect the client to take these images, though I wanted to at least attempt them as they were there.

The only reason I managed to delete these files is I was working a seperate folder for her with images she wanted with 'no editing'. I don't usually do this and export all to the Lightroom folder and then they are all in one place!

What recovery programme did you use?

The program is Stellar Phoenix MacData Recovery, I'm still new to the mac so the husband sorted it for me.

I'd say that it could be done 'fairly' easily.

Rather than just working on these watermarked images, using the RAW and combining the 2 might actually be the better way to go.

What size images are you supplying your client in the end?

Do you have Photoshop? It will take you 10 minutes using the patch tool and healing brushes, it would be very easy to do. Doing it in Lightroom would be harder.

If you have neither then expect to pay between £25 and £60 per hour for a re-toucher.

B.

I'm confused - if you've still got the raws and she wants no editing , surely it will be quicker to put them through a batch convert than it will to clone out the watermarks on the jpegs you do have.

I'm also confused as to why you are saying you've done fairly extensive work to a shot the client didn't want edited ?

I'm confused - if you've still got the raws and she wants no editing , surely it will be quicker to put them through a batch convert than it will to clone out the watermarks on the jpegs you do have.

I'm also confused as to why you are saying you've done fairly extensive work to a shot the client didn't want edited ?

I was wondering that as well.

Those 2 particular images I had to heavily edit them as I had no choice. The backdrop wasn't long enough and you had bits of kitchen in the shot. And once I had finished cloning bits the only way to hide it was to convert to b&w anyway. The rest of the images I just did her a very basic edit and left those in the folder for her and then did my version too. I don't usually do this for anyone, only she is a family friend!

I'll admit that I am not the best when it comes to my knowledge of Photoshop! If there was a better way to edit them, with regards to the backdrop that required minimal time spent on them then that would be great and I hope one day I discover it! :LOL:

Those 2 particular images I had to heavily edit them as I had no choice. The backdrop wasn't long enough and you had bits of kitchen in the shot. And once I had finished cloning bits the only way to hide it was to convert to b&w anyway. The rest of the images I just did her a very basic edit and left those in the folder for her and then did my version too. I don't usually do this for anyone, only she is a family friend!

so just do that again from the raws - if she wanted no editing theres no point in giving her edited shots to try an prove her wrong... just do the minimum give her what she wants and move on

Don't worry you can edit! I just hadn't gotten round to changing the settings (y) The image I have shown is not the one that needs working on. I think as the poster above says, the two that need doing are going to be tricky as they are overlapping the mothers body :(

So if the image that you have shown is not the image that you want work done on, How is anyone meant to tell if or if not it can be done and how much they would charge?
The watermark on the picture that you have shown would be no trouble at all to remove.

Last edited:
Back