WBMT.....What baffled me today

When did blood oranges become red oranges ?
Bought some the other day and they were still blood oranges, in Tesco today they are Red oranges :thinking:
Still taste the same

Bought some the other day and they were still blood oranges, in Tesco today they are Red oranges :thinking:
Still taste the same

Wasn't there a period when they were called Ruby Red Oranges ???

The woman who thought it was perfectly OK to come in to and stand around in the Gents toilets at Edinburgh Waverley Station because the queue was shorter than the one for the Ladies [emoji848]

The woman who thought it was perfectly OK to come in to and stand around in the Gents toilets at Edinburgh Waverley Station because the queue was shorter than the one for the Ladies
emoji848.png
And I'm sure they wouldn't mind reciprocating if the situation was reversed (y)

Last edited:
WBMT?
Well #1 is for the chuckle factor,
I was was shopping at a local store looking at the chilled section, then megaphone Meg loudly announced on her phone, I'll get some cocktail sausages if I can find them.
Well, if you had been shopping and not chatting you would have realised you were standing right next to them.
Did I point to them?
Of course not :D

#2 on the way back, I was overtaking a line of parked cars on my left,
as I approached an exit from a car park on my right, a fully badged up L car came out of said turning and turned left.

It seems I must have missed the highway code up date ( deletion) that says DON'T pull out in the face of on coming traffic, certainly not at the distance!
Does no one look the way they are going before pulling out anymore?
Yes it was a learner ( just out of nappies too looking at him :D)

Shame on the instructor.

Last edited:
Yes it was a learner.
It's always possible that the "L" wasn't for learner driver but for learner thief and he'd just failed the "don't get noticed when taking and driving away" section of the exam... :coat:

And I'm sure they wouldn't mind reciprocating if the situation was reversed (y)

She seemed quite blasé about, which is more than can be said for most of the guys standing at the urinals [emoji33]

Why the vehicle tax reminder for my car says I need a valid MOT certificate when they are no longer issued and
I haven't needed on for a few years now.
About time they changed it

It's still an offence to use a vehicle of test age that doesn’t have a current test certificate on a public road, and if directed to present your documents to the police, you'll need it. Issued for all MoT passes.

She seemed quite blasé about, which is more than can be said for most of the guys standing at the urinals [emoji33]
Of course in this day and age, we have no idea if she once was a fella and it was a force of habit?
:D

The woman who thought it was perfectly OK to come in to and stand around in the Gents toilets at Edinburgh Waverley Station because the queue was shorter than the one for the Ladies [emoji848]
I've done that many times in sports/gig venues.
Sod mile long queues.
And no, I'd have no issues if it were the other way around. (y)

Trying to contact a "provider"
After speaking my name, to robot, speaking my account number to a robot,
typing in other stupid stuff on the phone keypad "So they can direct me to the right dept"
Who eventually picked up the phone, and asked me to repeat all of the above.
It seems I've come through to the wrong dept. :rolleyes:

That happened last week. It happened again today.
At least there wasn't annoying music while they transferred me......
Yep you got it ......

To the wrong bloody dept :rolleyes:

A woman arrived at the next-door office entrance, tapped in her keycode access, and couldn't get in. She tried several times with no success.
Then a guy pulled up, got out, listened to her explanation while condescendingly shaking his head, typed in his code... and couldn't get in.
After a couple of minutes of them both trying, someone inside saw them and opened the door. the woman explained to the newcomer, who smirked and shook his head condescendingly, before stepping out onto the path, closing the door behind him, and typing in his code.
He couldn't get in now either. The woman nearly wet herself laughing.
The two guys then took to banging on the windows and yelling, which eventually attracted a fourth person to come to the door.
Third guy leaped to grab it as it swung open, and everyone filed inside.

A woman arrived at the next-door office entrance, tapped in her keycode access, and couldn't get in. She tried several times with no success.
Then a guy pulled up, got out, listened to her explanation while condescendingly shaking his head, typed in his code... and couldn't get in.
After a couple of minutes of them both trying, someone inside saw them and opened the door. the woman explained to the newcomer, who smirked and shook his head condescendingly, before stepping out onto the path, closing the door behind him, and typing in his code.
He couldn't get in now either. The woman nearly wet herself laughing.
The two guys then took to banging on the windows and yelling, which eventually attracted a fourth person to come to the door.
Third guy leaped to grab it as it swung open, and everyone filed inside.
Many years ago at the manufacturing plant where I worked I stopped someone tailgating in through a door secured by a badge lock. Tailgating was considered a major misdemeanour by my employer, so i was only following company policy.

Unfortunately the tailgater was our Plant Director & he wasn't a happy bunny......He said in a very loud voice "Do you know who I am? "

My response was yes of course, I am only following your instructions, pointing out to him the sign on the door warning employees not to allow tailgaters , signed by him with his name at the bottom.......

He had to walk half way round the building to Security Control to get a temporary access badge ;)

Last edited:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51485570

I really dont get this - more than anything else, music should be down to who is best, not what sex they are? If you are doing a festival surely you pick artists you like, the crowd will like and who are available. Within music there are lots of gender and racial groups and often they are over/under represented. Most hip hop will be black, most heavy metal will be white males.

If we want equality lets recognise talent and potential, and if they are all male, all female then who cares?

I am awaiting people to start citicising R3 or Classic FM as they dont play much from women or BAME!!!

Talent and not race, creed, colour or anything else should always win out and be rewarded in my view. Sure there will be some who cannot develop their talent because of circumstances but they could be of any colour, sex or whatever, life's tough, deal with it.
I of course came from a very priviledged background, working class white male, single parent (mother) living on a council estate (father died when I was 10 of natural causes), not massively sympathetic to wingers/whiners as you can probably guess.

On behalf of the transgenders, gay community and snakes, I am offended
Don't forget the grey squirrels: They're currently an oppressed majority!

Squirrel on ground Sidmouth DSC02126.JPG

Still taste the same

Probably Tesco changed the name to avoid having to put a notice on them saying, "These oranges have a name that some customers might find distressing":)

Dave

Probably Tesco changed the name to avoid having to put a notice on them saying, "These oranges have a name that some customers might find distressing":)

Dave
You know what? in today's PC society that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

Possibly a militant vegan. Then again, they class any oranges as non vegan since they use animals in the production process - bees are used and transported around producing areas and that's animal exploitation... Not sure how they manage to fertilise 100% vegan crops - after all, omnivores' food craps out the best natural fertilisers!

Possibly a militant vegan.
We had one of them a while back. He tried to free a trailer full of turnips... :exit:

WBMT?

A couple of days ago, I got a request from my combined energy supplier for meter readings.
I knew I was in front with my monthly payments.
Today I got an email saying the my "account" was ready.
It seems that it's dropped by a tenner a month (y)

However there was a note attached, offering me another chance to submit further readings within 21 days :thinking:

Do they think I lied first time? :D

I got a request from my combined energy supplier for meter readings.
We get one of those every month too. Normally there's no problem but this month our meter went out of range and wrapped around to 0. The code on the web page can't cope with this though I'm sure it's a common enough occurence.

Well thought out software, eh? :thinking:

I'm assuming you are talking ( not so) Smart meters?
Nope. Just an old fashioned spinning disk type issued by the South Western Electricity Board. We don't want a (stupid) smart meter either.

Electricity Meter Picture TZ70 P1030550.JPG

Nope. Just an old fashioned spinning disk type issued by the South Western Electricity Board.
That's even more weird then.
I know smart meters often go tits up, that's why I don't want one, and that's what I tell / told them when they phone(d) to make an appointment.
I think they have the message now, they've not called in a long time :D

That's even more weird then.
Not really. It can only go up to 99999 and then it either has to stop or wrap around to 00000. My problem with the supplier is that such a circumstance seems to have escaped the comprehension of their finely tuned minds... :naughty:

Talent and not race, creed, colour or anything else should always win out and be rewarded in my view. Sure there will be some who cannot develop their talent because of circumstances but they could be of any colour, sex or whatever, life's tough, deal with it.
I of course came from a very priviledged background, working class white male, single parent (mother) living on a council estate (father died when I was 10 of natural causes), not massively sympathetic to wingers/whiners as you can probably guess.

"And our next act is... They may not be to your liking but if you don't buy the tickets or worse come and attempt to leave before they've finished you may be open to prosecution for bias crime offenses."

Not really. It can only go up to 99999 and then it either has to stop or wrap around to 00000. My problem with the supplier is that such a circumstance seems to have escaped the comprehension of their finely tuned minds... :naughty:
:LOL:
"mine" never made it that far it was replaced before it reached that point (y)

And another ..
I received an email from EE telling me they can't process my latest bill, and in order to avoid fees,
I need to up date my payment info via the link they sent ...

As a person who prefers to pay his bill on time, I am happy to oblige (y)

Except I left EE about 2 years ago :D
So, nice try whoever you are

w****r.gif

I had real problems paying EE a couple of years back (and I am an EE customer!). Kept getting snotty letters telling me I hadn't paid when I had tried setting up direct card payments on-line. Eventually got through to a human and made sure they were recording the conversation when I set it up over the phone. Still get a paper bill to reassure me that they're taking my money!

Also had a little fun with the MiL's mobile - her 3310 wasn't charging (user error...) so she wanted a new phone with big buttons and an easy-to-read screen. Since her number was in my name, I had to be present for the number/SIM swap. While we were there, the assistant asked if we were with EE for the landline and Mrs Nod's mobile - we are and she is. Upshot is a tenner off per month on the landline and about the same off Mrs Nod's mobile plan, with more freebies on the landline and extra minutes, texts and data on Mrs Nod's mobile. The MiL's new phone was also supposed to be £25 plus a tenner top-up but ended up being £20 with no top-up. Not a bad deal!

Why clothing makers seem to think sequins are a required decoration, especially on nightwear !?
Is it the fad for wearing it to go supermarket shopping shopping or something else ?
Let's face it unless you are in hospital who is going to see it anyway ?

1. Why someone was setting off fireworks at eight minutes past midnight on 29/02 during a heavy rain storm.

2. How they were managing to light fireworks at eight minutes past midnight on 29/02 during a heavy rain storm.

1. Why someone was setting off fireworks at eight minutes past midnight on 29/02 during a heavy rain storm.

2. How they were managing to light fireworks at eight minutes past midnight on 29/02 during a heavy rain storm.
Perhaps they were 'Leaplings' celebrating......

My father was born on the 28th Feb, he just missed being a Leapling......
I missed it by 2 days, shame otherwise I'd be 16 (again) :D

Back