WBMT.....What baffled me today

So they don't leave a card stating which neighbour ?
No, it just says delivered on the web site, and if they is a picture, its an unidentifiable location.
I had one here some time ago, put in my garage, not my name not my address the house number was right though :D
I was the next estate over, and about a mile away.

I complained and they said they would collect it next day.
After a week or so of emails, I finally dropped it off.

So they don't leave a card stating which neighbour ? I suppose if a neighbour takes it in they don't mind taking round. We get on fine with our neighbours but not everyone does. I recall someone on here telling us about an awful neighbour across the road who had a parcel left on their doorstep for him.
My favourite to this day was (during lock down) the neighbouring IT support firm taking in our customers package, and then telling our customer via text they were working remotely and only going once a fortnight for 30 minutes to check the premises....

Our usual Evri driver is great. He and the DPD one (also a regular) are the only 2 who seem to be able to read the notice on the front door asking them to put the parcel in the meter cupboard and post the key through the letter box. The worst are the posties. Letters once a week and parcels left on the step in full view of the road.

are the only 2 who seem to be able to read the notice on the front door asking them to put the parcel in the meter cupboard
I have, well had notices on the front door, I gave up...
1) please ring the bell as the knocker is broken
2) anything too large for the letter box can be left in the garage.
Both are ignored on a regular basis.
Including the designated safe place for Amazon deliveries :(

Is that a challenge to the local delivery drivers.
I'm sure they all get together at the end of every month, with images of "Spot where I left it" :D

Is that a challenge to the local delivery drivers.

I think someone on here said a parcel had been left under his car which was on the drive and I'm sure he drove over it as he drove off .

My 'lost' Christmas present arrived today and it was delivered by a lovely Evri lass with her own car. I saw her stop outside our house and had the door open ready and she handed it to me. Her smile made my day :)

[rant]
Putting the bins out I saw a box on the front door mat? It was my Amazon delivery of Green Tea (better price than any supermarket). It was sodden wet having been rained on for an unknown period of time :(

I checked my email as I always get a delivered email from Amazon and no email!?

Checked the account and it turns out that RM had delivered it. Now we both heard some heavy post arrive around the "time stamp" of the box being left but our regular postie has always knocked to hand over parcels. Of course it was not raining when he delivered it and we had no cause to open the front door in meantime..,....so it had indeed been rained on for hours!!!

No idea if it was the regular postie or a locum.

As for the contents, the retail boxes were all damp but not "wet".......as the teabags are in an internal poly bag I am sure they are fine.

This could also a WAMT in equal measure.

[/Rant]

Edit ~ if it was Amazon courier and no email I would be giving them a rocket! I may still report it with a suggestion that they email even if other "last mile" couriers are used....... afteral their order system recognises deliveries are done!

Last edited:
Well, I might as well finish by saying what this late Christmas present was. I've never heard of them before. A leather belt for trousers that doesn't have any holes. Sometimes I have to go to Timpsons to get the shoe repairer to punch a hole inbetween the holes already in a belt, so this is novel. I gave away 5 leather belts a few months ago because I'd replaced them with those where the metal 'pin' will go through the elasticated material. https://www.swolepanda.com/collections/mens-woven-belts

Here's the new one. It has good reviews. We're trying to work out how it fits..works.

The roast lamb, that has been in the rotisserie all afternoon, on slow cook, not a hit here at Powell Towers. :LOL:

I thought it was awesome. (y)

WBMT - Seeing a headline on Money Saving Expert asking "Will you pay Inheritance Tax?"
I don't think so as I will be dead, unless they are taxing you before you die :(

WBMT is that I would hope that the DVLA's car tax portal was both secure and trustable but I had to do the texted-PIN verification.

PHOTOBUCKET
I had an account with them years ago, not used and they decided to charge if you wanted to keep the account.
For the past year at least I have had emails telling me that if I don't sign in they will delete the account, fine by me nothing important in it and I cant remember my user name or password.
Today I get yet another ermail telling me my account has been deactivated for the for the umpteenth time and I need to sign into to save. it or delete it !!!
Oh well perhaps they might realise this time

Today I get yet another ermail telling me my account has been deactivated for the for the umpteenth time and I need to sign into to save. it or delete it !!!
Oh well perhaps they might realise this time
I had one years ago also.
I've no idea of my sign in details, I've never had any sort of reminder from them.

I'm a bit of a night owl by nature but recently, I've been having to make a few early starts, so I've been getting some early nights for almost 3 weeks now.

Here I am at just about 9-30pm on a Friday and I'm done and I'd planned a late one.

A bit like jet lag but in reverse, or maybe I'm just getting old. :LOL:

Here I am at just about 9-30pm on a Friday and I'm done and I'd planned a late one.
:LOL: you should have had an afternoon nap and you,d be raring to go :D

I can remember leaving the house at 9-30pm back in the day, rearing to go on a large night. :LOL:

Used to be a night owl but now seem to be an early bird.

Newspapers!

Stood in PO queue so glanced at the papers next to me. Saw the DM was £1. Looked at the Sun and that was £1 too (last I remember that was 30p) and then the Telegraph was £3 - thats c.£85 a month!!!

Couldn't believe it, with news available 24/7 for free why pay for out of date? Ok, I do like the feel of a paper and the columnists rather than the stories but it seems a lot!

I received my renewed driving licence today, I only did the application on Saturday afternoon. Have I slipped into another universe :oops: :$

We have a pub nearby built in 1974 and originally named (following a naming competition in the town at the time) The Magic Midget after the cars built less than a mile up the road at the Abingdon MG factory. At some point the name was shortened to The Midget and the decor is all MG related in Greene Kings way (related wallpaper, some front grills screwed to wall, photos of the cars etc etc).

This week some one from a university at the other end of the country has started a petition to change its name as its offensive to those with Dwarfism…

WBMT Approaching the new Herring Bridge in Great Yarmouth and the sign said "Bridge Closing". It only just opened this week. £121 million for two days!

.................... and does it mean bridge closing for cars, to open up for a boat or t'other way around??? The spans open upwards for boats, so "closing" the road and opening the river passage!

The Norfolk boys be confused! They are still trying to cope with roundabouts! :)

The people who haven't worked out that if they put a rubbish sack of household waste out at night the local foxes rip it apart and decorate the front garden with the contents.

Dave

The people who haven't worked out that if they put a rubbish sack of household waste out at night the local foxes rip it apart and decorate the front garden with the contents.

Dave
People that haven't figured out, if you don't put food waste or don't wash out food packaging then they will get ripped open.
Too many people here didn't work that out, and now the council have spent over 3 million quid on supplying wheelie bins.

And some are still not happy as the bins aren't left outside their property or blocking foot paths when emptied, and those that have loose rubbish in, that gets blown down the road, once the bins are tipped into the lorry.

I wasn't really baffled by this so maybe this isn't the right thread but I'll post it anyway :D

I was sat in a supermarket car park today waiting for Mrs WW and I had a good view of a new housing estate that's just sprung up. I noticed that there were no chimneys and no TV ariels either. Progress I suppose.

One thing I did wonder about was TV reception but I suppose if people want to receive their signals through the air rather than up a cable (no dishes were visible either) they could have and ariel in the loft? I wonder if people bother with air bourn TV these days? We have Virgin and we're plagued with issues so we do still occasionally use the TV ariel for reception when Virgin is playing up.

Oh, and the houses had a small grass patch in the front... no garden walls or fences and no flowers visible anywhere. Things of the past I suppose.

I feel old :D

Last edited:
I wasn't really baffled by this so maybe this isn't the right thread but I'll post it anyway :D

I was sat in a supermarket car park today waiting for Mrs WW and I had a good view of a new housing estate that's just sprung up. I noticed that there were no chimneys and no TV ariels either. Progress I suppose.

One thing I did wonder about was TV reception but I suppose if people want to receive their signals through the air rather than up a cable (no dishes were visible either) they could have and ariel in the loft? I wonder if people bother with air bourn TV these days? We have Virgin and we're plagued with issues so we do still occasionally use the TV ariel for reception when Virgin is playing up.

Oh, and the houses had a small grass patch in the front... no garden walls or fences and no flowers visible anywhere. Things of the past I suppose.

I feel old :D
Aerials can be in the loft - ours is (not been used for 15 years!

Reactions: Nod
A small strip of grass is far easier for a developer to put in than flower beds and will also look better at this time of year. Once new residents are established, they might choose to replace the green with prettier colours or might stick with the easier option.
Open fire places are a great way to send heat out of a house and burning any solid fuel seems to be a no-no these days.
(FWIW, we have an open fireplace and an external aerial [and a satellite dish], although we don't use the fireplace.)

A small strip of grass is far easier for a developer to put in than flower beds and will also look better at this time of year. Once new residents are established, they might choose to replace the green with prettier colours or might stick with the easier option.
Open fire places are a great way to send heat out of a house and burning any solid fuel seems to be a no-no these days.
(FWIW, we have an open fireplace and an external aerial [and a satellite dish], although we don't use the fireplace.)

People are living there but there was no evidence of garden walls or fences or any effort at gardening but these things might not be allowed, or at least the wall or fence might not be as I gather there are sometime rules about these things. I remember a former GF of mine lived on an estate on which garden walls and fences weren't allowed, or at least that's what she believed and told me.

No garden walls or fences down this road. I think they're allowed but nobody seems to have them (other than a retaining wall along the top of the road.)

WBMT?
Royal mail.

A couple of days ago, I received an email from RM saying that my parcel will be delivered Sat ( today) between 9-1.
I clicked on the tracking at that time, and it gave me delivery options.
I opted for the garage if I wasn't in.
I received an email confirming the day, time and location.

I'm nipping out in a bit, so I checked the tracking, it seems that the parcel is now expected
between Mon-Weds
Seriously? :thinking:

WBMT?
I was passing a parked L car, it was on my right.
The Girl (?) getting in it was wearing a head covering, OK so some people don't want want their faces seen.
However this viewing area one was no wider than the width of the eyes, and no taller than the pupils.
It's almost as the eye area was just slit wit a knife!

How did I did get to see it in such detail?
"She" appeared from behind the car and opened the door right in front of me, just as I got there.
( That was the first time I saw her as she was shorter than the car )
That doesn't bode well, if that amounts to her hazard perception, or "viewing area".

Surly the must be legal guidance, of how much of your "Viewing area" can be restricted, when driving.
Had I been that instructor I would have refused to take her until she wore a more suitable head covering.

At that size, the slit might be at steering wheel level...

At that size, the slit might be at steering wheel level...
I was reminded at the time, a woman I worked with years ago, was about 4' in her platformed socks.
She drove a large zodiac / zephyr ( the large square jobbies) type car and peered through the steering wheel!

I was reminded at the time, a woman I worked with years ago, was about 4' in her platformed socks.
She drove a large zodiac / zephyr ( the large square jobbies) type car and peered through the steering wheel!

We have a couple of mums that do that round here in large double cab pickups complete with double baby seats in the back.

Both have self employed husbands working as trades, my suspicion is the trucks are a tax write off on hubbies books.

Yet to see mud on either…

Good to be back and apologies to those I was interacting with on the 5th..last day in the UK.. BUT..after leaving the UK on the 6th I tried to log on at the hotel on the 7th and as soon as I got up TP on my iPad there was a message "

"Your IP address has been banned".

I can normally log in with my iPad,too. My wife asked me if I'd been rude to anyone :eek: I tried my wife's iPad and got the same message. I have done a Google and it seems that the internet router being used, in this case the hotel, has been banned for whatever reason. I better not ID the hotel but it's belongs to one of the main holiday companies. I've posted from other countries whilst on holiday .I wondered if this could be a reason. Scams. Dated April last year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11998149/Souvenir-shop-scammers-ae-caught-camera-trying-UK-tourists-Tenerife.html#:~:text=Souvenir shop 'scammers' caught on,by offering cut-price iPads&text=The high-pressure tactics used,scams can be revealed today.

We enjoyed the holiday so much we've booked for a longer stay next year..three weeks, so it looks like I will be AWOL for that period again.:(

I'll go back through my alerts and respond where appropriate.

Last edited:
"Your IP address has been banned".
We ban IP's that scammers have used to post on TP.

It's nothing personal, although it has been rather quiet recently :D

Back