WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Passing my MOT. A couple of advisories but no real fail, just need to lose a stone or 3!

Its nearly the end of the football season. Three or four weeks of peace and quiet from the “army”

Earlier in the week I got a load of emails from a site called Upwork ?
Never heard of them so I did a google search and it seems it's a legit site where you
post jobs or seek work, looks legit
These mail were for someone called Olivia Zm, never heard of her, asking her to verify the email
and later saying they had investigated and found the work she offered to be non existant
As usual I deleted them, then yesterday another mail arrived asking for verification, found
they have a facebook site, so contacted them and for once got an almost immediate reply and apology,
They are now looking into it, hopefully, nice to find a business that takes the trouble to at least reply

Watching the O's regain their place in the football league by becoming NFL champions
It was a very emotional day, now onto Wembley for the FA Trophy, already sold 26,000 tickets

This afternoon Mrs WW made me a fruit smoothie and some coconut biscuits :D and this evening I've just had a pizza followed by a 99 ice cream :D with a flake in it! :D Life doesn't get better than this :D

I bought myself a chocolate Easter egg, reduced from £12 to £3

We bought a couple of KitKat Chunky eggs for 60p a pop - the bars themselves are 65p each. Only slight problem is that one of the advisories on my MoT was that I could do with losing a couple of stones... Still tempted to get some more of the eggs but eat them slowly!!!

I have to pace myself with chocolate, along with other foods that are full of calories ......

I can sympathise with the need to lose weight; I have lost 3 stone in the last 18 months by calorie counting using an app on my phone called MyFitnessPal connected to a FitBit to track my steps. I still eat & drink what I want, but in moderation by counting the calories in vs effort expended.

I found a strict diet was boring & depressing.

I set myself a goal of returning to the weight I was when I got married in 1974, I have another 1.5 stone to go. I have had to punch extra holes in my belts as I have lost almost 6 inches off my waist measurement.

My problem isn't that I need to eat less, rather just not eat more! I'm a bit greedy so tend to have over large portions then finish Mrs Nod's... I know the problem and am working on it but I can resist everything but temptation. :(

My problem isn't that I need to eat less, rather just not eat more! I'm a bit greedy so tend to have over large portions then finish Mrs Nod's... I know the problem and am working on it but I can resist everything but temptation. :(

Surely that in itself means you need to eat less. :thinking:

I'm one of those people who upset everyone because I can eat anything and never put on weight.

Finally news of rescheduled date for Ozzy gig. Should have been January just gone, got to wait till February, just hope they wrap him up in cotton wool until then. :)

My beautiful old girl Fudgey (choc labradoodle) has had both cruciate ligaments done, bad back and lumps all over... but at 13, she's still got it in her to ask for the ball to be thrown (and grab it) to flirt with a handsome boy dog, and to be first at the kitchen door when dinner is ready.... love her :love:

Home grown sp:Dring onions back in the shops, no more stringy tasteless foreign muck

Last edited:
Dropping just over 1/2 a stone in 10 days.

I've had pizza - just made it last 2 meals rather than scarfing the whole thing in one sitting (then finishing Mrs Nod's...) and also discovered that Lidl's low(er!) calorie frozen dessert thing isn't too bad. Even had a portion of chips with a steak (but left [most of] the fat). Not expecting to keep up this rate of weight loss (and not sure that doing so would be healthy!) but getting below 18 stone is a decent start.

Today and actually for the past many days.

We have both a Robin and Great Tit nesting in sight of the kitchen window....................and active feeding in both has been going on for almost 2 weeks, so surely will fledge sometime soonish ~ but when will it be for each nest???

It detects if you're heading towards it really fast, and opens the door for you. (y)
The downside is next week you get three points through the post. (n)
:LOL:

Passing a recovery vehicle on the motorway with the slogan "You Wreck Em, We Fetch Em" on the back of the cab.

We have had a water meter installed, for the two of us it should save at least half the cost of our water bill according to the calculator on the water company website, also confirmed by the engineer who installed the meter. He said it's crazy how the water companies charge by council tax band, comparing it to charging a Bentley car driver twice as much for petrol as a Fiesta driver. He reckoned their busiest time of the year installing meters is April onwards as people get their new water bills which inevitably have gone up. Ours was just short of £1000pa.

Last week I pressure washed the driveway & cleaned both cars & our caravan before our water supply was metered.........hehehe

Last edited:
Last week I pressure washed the driveway & cleaned both cars & our caravan before our water supply was metered.........hehehe
I wouldn't worry too much about that TBH, I was paying just over £50/ month on non metered.
I went for a meter at the beginning of last year, the estimated was £33 / month to cover it, going on my past usage.
Well as you know last year was a really hot summer, several pond top ups, soaking newly laid turf, and keeping the bonsai's hydrated.
I was dreading the bill this year ...

£120 rebate and the monthly DD reduced to £26 / month. Result (y)
It just goes to show what the premium is for non metered eh? :(

WVMUT... Watching the police pulling in people who were driving along the hard shoulder of the M11 to take the Harlow exit. Must have been at least 6 caught by unmarked cars in the northbound queue. Shows that putting on hazard lights as you drive in a hard shoulder doesn't make you invisible :)

WCMUT was a lovely bimble up to Tarr Steps on Exmoor for lunch. Some traffic so couldn't do much other than enjoy the drive with the top down. Lovely and peaceful up there at the pub with all sorts of birds hopping up to within a yard to pinch crumbs off the table - almost off our plates!

Back