WCMUT....what cheered me up today

WCMUT is that I will get to see him tonight for pressies too! :kiss:

...and just for you @viv1969 ...

...this is after saying that he would be spending yesterday, today and tomorrow with his ex and kids at the family home...

Really chuffed for you. (y)

WCMUT
The huge halo around the moon.

Saw that down here as I was driving down the road. By the time I got home and grabbed a camera, it was too cloudy for a shot. Never mind.

WCMUT was almost clear roads all 4 ways to/from/to/from MiL's house.

Curling up on the sofa this afternoon with 2 lovely dogs and a glass of wine ........................heaven

WCMUT? it's all over for another 9 months (y)

WCMUT:

I was very kindly given a really posh, hand thrown, shaving scuttle (for brush-lathering shaving soap/cream).

I can't wait until the morning when I get to use it. :)

On checking my bank account I discovered a £150 payment from a client that I was not expecting.

On contacting the client to find out why they had sent the payment they simply said to say thank you for going out of my way to help them over the last year

Well that was certainly a very welcome present - bet that really cheered you up :)

Someone seems to have invented a collapsible colander so they don't take up masses amount of space. All I need now is a self cleaning sieve...

Wcmut: lovely walk through our local country side with friends and dogs.

The good news was there pub on top of that hill, Little Gaddesden, bad news was we had to walk all the way back. No uber in our area. I tell you what, that cold beer tasted so nice following the mud climb.

image.jpeg

Anyway, it was lovely.

WCMUT was a short blat on the winter hack this morning. Only up to the supermarket and back but nice to be out on 2 wheels for a mile or 4! Even nicer was that the thing started first prod of the button after a few weeks of standing idle. Bloody hot in the Irvin jacket when not moving though!!!

Labyrinth on TV.

WCMUT:

I was very kindly given a really posh, hand thrown, shaving scuttle (for brush-lathering shaving soap/cream).

I can't wait until the morning when I get to use it. :)

Well that didn't go to plan - I didn't even get to have a wash or clean my teeth.

Perhaps tomorrow. :)

No more rain so it's time for a Christmas beer.

Eenie-Meenie-miney-mo...

(Actually, I fancy the look of those three Belgian ones, back/right). :naughty:

boozemas.jpg

WCMUT: I keep forgetting it's Christmas but this was a nice reminder - a late Christmas present.

chillisauces.jpg

Do they have a Scoville rating? View attachment 53188

I can't see one on the Mad-Dog but looking at the ingredients, it looks like an all-natural sauce which gets its heat from Bhut Jolokia (ghost peppers) and Habaneros, so, depending on the concentration of peppers, around the 1 million mark.

The Psycho drops isn't really a sauce but a capsaicin extract. It's only rated at 1 million scovilles too but extracts tend to have a harsher burn.

I have hotter sauces but these will be fun to try. :)

Edit: just noticed "chilli extract" on the Mad Dog's ingredients. That's the same as capsaicin extract so depending how much is in there, it could be much hotter. I'll have to try it and see (but not tonight - I have enough to deal with at the moment without adding the Indian-quickstep to the list. :D)

Last edited:
Been looking for a waterproof jacket for a while so done a bit of googling and found the one I liked but price was too much. Decided to have another look today and found a new site that had the one I wanted at a very reasonable price only problem no local shops and with the christmas shutdown delivery would not be until next week. Now when i have made my mind up about something I want it there and then. I then remembered that Go Outdoors shop will price match plus an extra 10% discount. Easy as pie. Now the proud owner of a nice waterproof jacket. I am sure it will not be long until the rain cometh again. The wind is already howling away here.

Nah, you deserve a few (y)

Cheers again Chris, but honestly what I did was no more than what any number of people I know would have done. We were just fortunate here that our efforts were enough to see us through. Not everyone has been so lucky. :(

Anyway, the chap from the council called round soon afterwards so just as well I didn't have a drink or our chat could've gone quite differently. :confused: :D

Last edited:
WCMUT was the MiL being in and out of her eye injection appointment very quickly - get her there early and she was out 10 minutes after her scheduled appointment time.

3 days off and the dogs coming back :love:

WCMUT: Well yesterday to be exact; the christmas pantomime by The Devil's Horsemen in their banqueting hall. It was definitely a different New Years Eve and really good fun.

WCMUT: Well yesterday to be exact; the christmas pantomime by The Devil's Horsemen in their banqueting hall. It was definitely a different New Years Eve and really good fun.

They are very entertaining :) seen them a few times but never in panto

Last edited:
WCMUT: Yes really today, we've got ground frost...Finally :)

WCMUT...

...only fell over once on the way home and have just got out of bed and feel perfectly fine....bonus! :banana:

...doesn't appear to be any frost here... :D

Yeah Winter with Blossom on trees and people cutting grass and my daffs are gonna die again this year.....climate shift:eek::rolleyes:;)

Same here.
Blossom, bluebells, daffs and blooming fuschias....and growing grass!!
Cyclical climate change eh...gotta love it;)

wcmut holding a piece of topside beef up in front of our dog and seeing him lick his lips in anticipation.....

Our Christmas decorations are still up :) will leave it there until candle mass :)

Back