WCMUT....what cheered me up today

WCMUT - My wood working, skills aren't bad at all. New fire door installed, with nice biometric lock attached. Quite enjoyed chiselling.

WCMUT - Besides a most wonderful roast dinner, HRMC's new tax online system. It finally has had a new style sheet and no longer mimics the paper forms. It is great :)

WCMUT - Besides a most wonderful roast dinner, HRMC's new tax online system. It finally has had a new style sheet and no longer mimics the paper forms. It is great :)

Does it calculate tax now too?

It started snowing whilst battling London shopping. Stopped already but cheated me up.

Work is now officially over until 4th January, gifts all packaged and delivered . . . Time to sit back, relax and spend some time with family :woot:

It started snowing whilst battling London shopping. Stopped already but cheated me up.

That's the one thing that would make today even better - can you try to send some over this way?
(The snow that is - you can keep the hoardes of shoppers)

can you try to send some over this way?
I think he must have dreamed that, its over 50oF here ( and london) and absolutely hissing down
:D

I think he must have dreamed that, its over 50oF here ( and london) and absolutely hissing down
Most definitely not. It was magical :) and yes it was raining here at first as well.

Most definitely not. It was magical :)
We are talking about the white stuff that falls from the sky, not the stuff you buy on street corners?

We are talking about the white stuff that falls from the sky, not the stuff you buy on street corners?
You it came from above :) and it wasn't mr self ridge putting in a show.

Having an appointment for diabetic retinopathy screening at 13:25. As usual, got there in plenty of time (by 13:15), booked in and collected my parking permit. Barely had time to sit down and choose a magazine before I was called in for the dilating drops and again, barely had time to find some pretty pictures to unfocus on before I was back in for the portrait session. Less than 45 minutes after leaving home, we were back.

Work is now officially over until 4th January, gifts all packaged and delivered . . . Time to sit back, relax and spend some time with family :woot:

That's the one thing that would make today even better - can you try to send some over this way?
(The snow that is - you can keep the hoardes of shoppers)
I finished yesterday until the 4th too. Should have been a late shift with 3:00 start, but they said we could go in on early shift instead as everything had to be shutdown anyway, the 8hr shift became a 4hr shift, then straight down the gym, then home and put my feet up. Christmas present wrapping can wait until tomorrow when I get home from the gym.

Wcmut made my own linguine carbonara for the first time. My girls absolutely loved it, and so did I :)

Proper carbonara (no cream) or the version that causes Italian rage?
Simple home made linguine, boil for about 2.5 'minutes, I cheated and used bacon :( fry in butter until just turning crispy. Switch off heat. Toss in linguine, can be wet, no problem to have some of the water come in. Then I used 4 eggs, beaten up with about 70gramms of Parmesan cheese finely grated. And poor over the linguine and bacon as it is uncooked. Then toss together and around.

Finish off with some black pepper.

So long winded way of saying; oh yes the proper, easy way. My wife wasn't convinced at first along the lines of the eggs are uncooked and raw :) But converted when she ate some.

Good man. Was one of my favourite quick dinners as a bachelor.
Not quite the same without the bacon/pancetta. :(

Woke up, missus gone out to get Croissants for breakfast..yum and Ive put the Gaggia on for a latte....Smelly candle lit and lights on, Christmas film on TV house warm.....Its beginning to look like Christmas:banana:

Just finding out as he is leaving that YES, I am going to be waking up in his company tomorrow morning! :banana:

Just finding out as he is leaving that YES, I am going to be waking up in his company tomorrow morning! :banana:

Oh come now, you can't just leave it at that.
Details, girl, details!! :D

Tell Sam Cam that!!!

Using bacon (in anything) is NEVER cheating :D
Appearantly with guanciale instead of bacon is even more authenticate and more yummy. But as I suspect like most we didn't have that laying about in the fridge unlike bacon.

Can't wait to get some and try that out, and also mix the Parmesan with some porcino.

Hmm I'm hungry now.

Just over a week until he can come again though unless he's only allowed at commercialmas!!!

Just off to collect Mrs Nod from her last class before commercialmas.

WCMUT
The huge halo around the moon.

Oh come now, you can't just leave it at that.
Details, girl, details!! :D

WCMUT is that I will get to see him tonight for pressies too! :kiss:

...and just for you @viv1969 ...

...this is after saying that he would be spending yesterday, today and tomorrow with his ex and kids at the family home...

Back