WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Admin #1

Edit My Images
No
found out that I have work over Christmas, should make the period more tolerable.

I've volunteered for similar reasons!

When I worked, I never worked over Christmas but I was always happy to go in between Christmas and New Year - the most dismal few days of the year.

Dave

but I was always happy to go in between Christmas and New Year - the most dismal few days of the year. Dave
No argument from me on that (y)

found out that I have work over Christmas, should make the period more tolerable.

(y) as team leader i generally put myself down for xmas cover - has the double benefit of avoiding most of the festive b*****ks and making the team think i'm such a great boss for selflessly taking on the cover so they don't have to.

WCMUT : noticiong that in tesco all the restocking cages were labled as isles 1-15 , but some slighly more literate person had added an A to each label in sharpy marker

I'm on a massive diet so what cheered me up today is a massive irony, that I ordered £250 of bloody nice chocolates and I'll likely get to eat about £5 of them :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but I will get to given a lot of them away as gifts to some people that have done a lot to help me over the last 18 months or so

Again going to prove expensive but I've just booked my car into the village garage to have it fully serviced, any work that needs doing done and then a shiny new MOT done for it, that should then see me finally back on the road

i thought your car got smashed and rolled and wound up looking like an elephant had sat on it.... thats going to be a fairly extensive 'service'

i thought your car got smashed and rolled and wound up looking like an elephant had sat on it.... thats going to be a fairly extensive 'service'

Nope that was originally my mums car then it became my dads car....my car is still safely on my driveway even if it has felt a little unloved for the last year and a bit :(

its not a TR6 is it ?

So, what cheered me up today?

I learned years ago to take pleasure in the small stuff and to find at least one thing each day to be cheerful about.

Today I successfully scanned an old photo of my nephew and converted it to B+W for my sister's B+W photo wall.

I'll get it to her in time for her birthday on Thursday.

Aston Martin?

:eek:

I wish, but alas I'm still far far to fat to fit in one of those beauties...mines a nice Range Rover of Lode Lane, Solihull, Warwickshire :D

A Range Rover will do. (y)

Not strictly Warwickshire though, unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited:
I`m not starting work until 1300 tomorrow, so I can read all the good stuff on here.

A Range Rover will do. (y)

Not strictly Warwickshire though, unless I'm mistaken.

Seems they now list the address as West Midlands however it used to be listed as Warwickshire see this that used to be on the back of my first car or one like it did

View attachment 26065

Yeah, it was down to the boundary changes when the West Midlands was created.

My Mother never accepted it. "We're not Brummie yow yows," she used to say.

Yeah, it was down to the boundary changes when the West Midlands was created.

My Mother never accepted it. "We're not Brummie yow yows," she used to say.

Clearly a smart woman, the theft of all that Warwickshire is just not right :D

, but some slighly more literate person had added an A to each label in sharpy marker

The irony of a post pointing out a misspelling containing a misspelling itself - they're Sharpie markers not sharpy. (And the spell checker picks up sharpy...)

The irony of a post pointing out a misspelling containing a misspelling itself - they're Sharpie markers not sharpy. (And the spell checker picks up sharpy...)

There is no spell checker on the forum...it's on your browser or device so maybe Pete didn't have a spell checker also it doesn't show as a misspelling on my iPad so I'd have never picked that up

WCMUT : noticiong that in tesco all the restocking cages were labled as isles 1-15 , but some slighly more literate person had added an A to each label in sharpy marker

and the double irony is pointing out a spelling mistake in a brand name and missing 3 in very often used words :(:thinking:

not strictly speaking today but this week I sold l the bike in my avatar, not ridden it for 5 years so I thought it better go to someone who is going to use it. I will soon have a big wad of cash to spend on glass and a new body.

Beautiful gin-clear day, sun shining even if it was fairly cold, and getting out on the bike for 20 miles at lunchtime without feeling as sick as a Northallerton Donkey when I started to climb a hill larger than a Railway Bridge. Little things, yeah, but as I've been on Dr's Orders to take it easy after a rather nasty Chest Infection for the last month, frankly it was just wonderful to be out there.

Beautiful gin-clear day, sun shining even if it was fairly cold, and getting out on the bike for 20 miles at lunchtime without feeling as sick as a Northallerton Donkey when I started to climb a hill larger than a Railway Bridge. Little things, yeah, but as I've been on Dr's Orders to take it easy after a rather nasty Chest Infection for the last month, frankly it was just wonderful to be out there.
Miserable as sin here. Thick cloud windy and its raining :(
Still, it could be worse, I could have been out on a push bike in that :D

WCMUT - just received the running order for my favourite photo gig of the year tomorrow night, the Lord's Taverners Balloon debate at cricket HQ. Always christmassy and lots of fun with a few well known faces chucked in aswell. Oh yeah, and I get full 3 course dinner which is always top notch! :D

Glad you on the mend buddy, know your suffering all to well and that you must have been itching to get out properly

and the double irony is pointing out a spelling mistake in a brand name and missing 3 in very often used words :(:thinking:

my keyboard is knackered - however theres a difference between a typo or 6 causually poosting on a fourim , and making the isles/aisles confusion whilst preparing printed signs for a large supermarket chain

my keyboard is knackered - however theres a difference between a typo or 6 causually poosting on a fourim , and making the isles/aisles confusion whilst preparing printed signs for a large supermarket chain

The person who wrote it could have been Scottish...............from one of the (15?) Isles :D

Keyboard knackered or not it really is no excuse for being hypocritical and not even attempting to correct your own mistakes
when pointing out someone elses.
Strange how the recent posts you have made show no mistakes apart from in this one :thinking:

The person who wrote it could have been Scottish...............from one of the (15?) Isles :D
I'm not sure how many there are either, but just for curiosity's sake,
Isle google that :D

Keyboard knackered or not it really is no excuse for being hypocritical and not even attempting to correct your own mistakes
when pointing out someone elses.
Strange how the recent posts you have made show no mistakes apart from in this one :thinking:

Unless I'm missing something I thought it was nod doing the correcting :thinking:

I'm not sure how many there are either, but just for curiosity's sake,
Isle google that :D

Isle bet there are many more than 15 tbh, but maybe the initial label was for a delivery driver & his route covers 15 aisles?

Isle bet there are many more than 15 tbh, but maybe the initial label was for a delivery driver & his route covers 15 aisles?
Isle's like to see the driver back down between the aisles with out running over the shoppers :D

anyway WCMUT , two friday spam threads ... on a tuesday, its like the old TP, just so no one shouts about it and alerts the banter poli..... ahh bugger

anyway WCMUT , two friday spam threads ... on a tuesday, its like the old TP, just so no one shouts about it and alerts the banter poli..... ahh bugger
Ah but now there is insider dealings,
I have the same key that unlocks the threads,
as that used to lock them (y)

:runaway: NOOOOOOOOOOO Don't do it!! You know what happens if you use THAT key.... I can hear the grumbling, creaking of that door already, just at the mere mention.
You other mods, have to sleep at sometime you know :D

Back