WCMUT....what cheered me up today

make sure you don't have the key to the wookie cage by accident...

snow is forecast for the weekend.....:)

What cheered me up..?
Well, I have been chasing a refund that was promised about 3 months ago without success, so today I got myself all ready for a blow-out and the guy I spoke to was so friendly and polite, and within 30 seconds he said ' that's it then, all sorted - the refund will show up on your card in a few days'

Yay - I might be half way to being able to pay my income tax bill that will be arriving in a few weeks then !

What cheered me up..?
Well, I have been chasing a refund that was promised about 3 months ago without success, so today I got myself all ready for a blow-out and the guy I spoke to was so friendly and polite, and within 30 seconds he said ' that's it then, all sorted - the refund will show up on your card in a few days'

Yay - I might be half way to being able to pay my income tax bill that will be arriving in a few weeks then !

To read that someone's cheerful about settling their tax liability...wow. That's cheered me up.

Neighbour has finally finished their building work so no more banging, crashing, sawing and drilling to annoy.

My tado smart thermostat arrived. Got all my new trvs as well. :)

Finding somewhere new to get a good burger at a reasonable price, as a bonus the christmas music was barely audible!

Seeing young lions, young gorillas and young red pandas in one zoo!

After 5 rolls of Ilford FP4 I finally got the dev. process right. I nearly gave up on it to go back to T-Max. Glad I didn't and learned a lot along the way.

The cat being apparently back to normal after a few days of being a bit down. We were going to be calling the vet if she hadn't picked up today - she had a couple of teeth out last week so had to have anti-biotics for 5 days... She's NOT a pill popper so we had to sprinkle the capsule contents over her food and mix it in and it must have tasted horrible! Now on straight food and is happy eating it again after a few days of licking the gravy off it and leaving the lumps.

What cheered me up to day will probably outrage the lot of you.

A picture of my old car.

DSC_0813 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Me with the car

DSC_0920 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

To you it's maybe just a poorish picture in a layby of a flash car and a poor selfie of a young chap that in reality couldn't quite afford to run it and keep it. To me, it brings back probably singularly one of the best days of my life. The day I really discovered photography, and the road trip of a life time driving a car that I loved, where I loved, and getting proper photography done.

I wasn't really at the standard I am at now, as I had just got an SLR camera, and really bought it to take nice snaps of days out etc. But getting up early and being up Loch Lomond it inspired me this day to try and progress and progress to where am I now...

Start of the day. Just a second hand camera, a rough idea of exposure and light metering and an ultra wide lens I heard was good.

DSC_0856 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

DSC_0849 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Middle of the day

DSC_0885 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

DSC_0873 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

End of the day

DSC_0995 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

DSC_1016 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

And yes, before you ask, I drove the car like a complete and total twonk that would have most of the reader base frothing at the mouth like rabbid dogs with indignation and fury.

Still, the memory from this day has made me rather melancholy as it has taken me back to a time in my life when I was really happy, and the feeling of embarking on something new and exciting is really hard to beat. My photography journey has been an incredibly rewarding and fulfilling one, and it really started on this day. A very cheerful thought going through these old images, the memories of setting up the camera, and seeing the images in the back of the screen and the feeling of satisfaction and joy from this. A happy day. So happy I can feel a lump in my throat from trying to write about this day and express myself and thoughts about it.

Last edited:
A manilla envelope (not empty), and a pay increase.
Get in. :)

A manilla envelope (not empty), and a pay increase.
Get in. :)

We got our wage increase last week and should get the 2nd half of the year's holiday money this week. :)

It's a lovely sunny day, just finished a very good chest and bicep workout in the gym. Now going to sit in the sun and have something to eat before going into work.
Workmates should be happy, I have got tubs of Celebrations, Roses and Quality Street plus two boxes of biscuits. The least I can do for putting up with me all year. ;)

I have got tubs of Celebrations, Roses and Quality Street plus two boxes of biscuits. The least I can do for putting up with me all year. ;)
I hope you have bought enough for everyone there is just over 60,000 members on TP :p

It was a pleasant surprise to see Max Headroom again. The actor, Matt Frewer is in The Librarians S1 E2.

This is going to sound weird...

Root canal filling!!! Well, it's better than sodding toothache!

This is going to sound weird...

Root canal filling!!! Well, it's better than sodding toothache!

I hear ya.

I hope you have bought enough for everyone there is just over 60,000 members on TP :p
I had Jaffa Cakes delivered to the staff room to cover that, didn't you get them? ;)

Working from home on the spur of the moment, meant I was in for a change when the delivery chap brought my new lens for the 'blad (expected delivery Thursday) :)

I had Jaffa Cakes delivered to the staff room to cover that, didn't you get them? ;)
Bugger! no they didn't arrive :(

I bet it was that damned royal mail driver that eat them :D

Bugger! no they didn't arrive :(

I bet it was that damned royal mail driver that eat them :D
Are you sure? Someone may have scoffed 'em before you got there. :)

Petrol @ 114.9L :)

Lidl having loads of mini stollens in stock!

WCMUJN - eating about half a tin (so roughly 2kg) of quality street ... aklthough i do feel a bit sick now

Waking up without toothache and with a purring cat (and Mrs Nod, of course!!!)

Back