WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Rather nice Chicken Kiev and a couple of glasses of Vinho Verde :D

Rather nice Chicken Kiev and a couple of glasses of Vinho Verde :D

It is very tasty (and the veggie version,too) and if you look on the pack,if you still have it of course, you should find the spelling has changed to "Chicken Kyiv" out of respect to Ukraine as Kiev is the Russian version. Not only here have several supermarkets changed the spelling ..Morrisons, Aldi, Waitrose and Sainsbury's but in Australia and Canada,too.

WCMUT ? Whilst checking my camera gear this morning in readiness for a trip to near Newquay, Wales re Whales/Dolphins and Harbour Porpoises I found ,tucked away in the corner of a pocket in my camera backpack, a CF card with 110 photos on it taken at Lake Garda in 2018 !! I very nearly formatted the card and then thought I'd better just check.

If anyone has any tips re wildlife locations in the Lampeter area..30 mins drive from Newquay, where we're staying, I'd appreciate that.

WCMUT ? Whilst checking my camera gear this morning in readiness for a trip to near Newquay, Wales re Whales/Dolphins and Harbour Porpoises I found ,tucked away in the corner of a pocket in my camera backpack, a CF card with 110 photos on it taken at Lake Garda in 2018 !! I very nearly formatted the card and then thought I'd better just check.

If anyone has any tips re wildlife locations in the Lampeter area..30 mins drive from Newquay, where we're staying, I'd appreciate that.
No personal experience or knowledge but when considering unfamiliar areas I turn to the likes of:-

If click on map view various reserves in the locale of Lampeter

HTH and hope you have a great time:)

No personal experience or knowledge but when considering unfamiliar areas I turn to the likes of:-

If click on map view various reserves in the locale of Lampeter

HTH and hope you have a great time:)
Thank you. On the map there are a couple around Lampeter. Where we're staying..out the back..is a small river..large enough for canoeists and people who have stayed there have seen Egrets, kingfishers and Red Kites. It's the river Teifi.

Just found this. "There are several other nature reserves along the Teifi, varying from broadleaved woodland slopes to watermeadows and the reed edged estuary flats. Pine marten and red squirrels inhabit the wooded slopes to the east of the Teifi between Tregaron and Lampeter.

This ,too just 20 minutes away....Cors Caron National Nature Reserve near Tregaron .https://naturalresources.wales/days-out/places-to-visit/mid-wales/cors-caron-national-nature-reserve/?lang=en "This rich mix of habitats makes the reserve a fantastic place for wildlife. Red kite, hen harrier, curlew and skylark can fill the skies above the reserve, whilst the bog itself bustles with dragonflies, lizards and otters" But not on the day(s) I go...:D . I'll keep looking.

As noted elsewhere I've been convinced that EDF have been ripping me ( £233 / month and always in debt.) off for several months, if not longer.
Today I sent in my first months meter readings to Octopus ( £169 / month) and it seems that I'm £75 in credit.
Obviously this'll change as it gets colder but for now I'm happy with that result.

I've been with Octopus for almost three years and they've cut my bills considerably - I hate to think how much I would have paid with the latest increases if I'd stayed with SSE. They were charging me 30-40% more than Octopus do.

I'm certainly glad I made the change. (y)

Hello Fresh is rather good tonight, Mexican spiced, pan fried chicken breasts with cheesy chips and home made coleslaw.

I've been with Octopus for almost three years and they've cut my bills considerably - I hate to think how much I would have paid with the latest increases if I'd stayed with SSE. They were charging me 30-40% more than Octopus do.

I'm certainly glad I made the change. (y)

SSE always come botton of the league table of energy companies for customer satisfaction. In January this year Which? had them joint bottom with Shell and they say "avoid them". I was stopped in town one day by a young man trying to sign up customers for them and I asked him if he didn't feel a bit embarrassed as the company has such a poor customer satisfaction record and Which? have them at the bottom of the league table every year. The poor chap,he sighed ,shrugged and said yes, he was aware but needed the money.

Reactions: Sky
I always liked SSE both at home and through work and only ever had positive experiences with customer service until they got sold to OVO, who are awful and dragged SSE down to their level.

I always liked SSE both at home and through work and only ever had positive experiences with customer service until they got sold to OVO, who are awful and dragged SSE down to their level.

The sale to OVO was, as know, in January 2020 but Which? has not been recommending them for years. It's good that you had no problems but clearly, a lot of people did.

WCMUT was doing my 25th parkrun in an inflatable dinosaur ... with my brother who made me do my first one in Brisbane in March.Sprint dinos.jpg

Watching Beetlejuice, for at least the third time, so that's Beetlejuice, Beetle...
Hmmm maybe not :D

Last edited:
WCMUT - Helpful people. Pulled onto a pay-at pump at Morrisons, got out and did my use "wall" walk around the car then heard on the tannoy "pump 11, do you need any help?' A lovely lady came out and did everything for me. :)

Of course, with every yin, there's a yang. As I was about to leave, a woman pulled onto the pump in front at an angle that blocked me from getting out. I called out but she ignored me. I reversed and drove around to the front of her car before rolling down my window

Me: That's very selfish!
Her: Sorry, I didn't understand what you were saying
Me: Surely you can see the angle of your car!
Her: I'm really sorry

:rolleyes:

Well yesterday actually.
Moved a couple of months back to a larger town and only a short distance from the town centre and although I've had the odd one in my garden before I didn't expect to see one in my new one,
Not the best but taken through glass as I didn't want to disturb it.
IMG_5657.2.jpg

What cheered me up today. All the young offenders going back to Borstal. It means that me and all the other geriatric OAP’s can now play cricket and football in the street without all the mothers coming out and shouting and balling at us because young Tarquin is on his X-Box and is just about to penetrate the black-hole in Battle-Star-Enterprise.

I've got the week off work.

And..

I also recieved an email this morning for the servo motor repair, they think they can do it for next week :banana:

I found the new company for the repair as the dealer was taking me in circles and dead ends.

I've got the week off work.
But its looking like it will be to hot to do much, unless of course you are up at silly O'clock :D

I also recieved an email this morning for the servo motor repair, they think they can do it for next week :banana:
Cool (y)

I did my garden jobs early today before it’s gets too hot
have got some cider chilling in the fridge for later

We are in the second week of a staycation at home. This has coincided with roadworks and a four way signal system to get in/out of our village. So, what has cheered me up? We have just come back from a one hour walk around the nature reserve and it was great, no traffic, didn't see anyone, spotted a few buzzards, saw loads of butterflies. Sometimes, the best things in life are free. :)

I seem to get dogs that need some TLC to stay at times, Latest is a 6yo JR who's owner has died.
I met a lady when I was out walking him last week and told her he was looking for a home and yesterday I heard that after having
him for a couple of days she and her husband are keeping him.
I'll miss him but there will be more in the future
Taken on a visit to the beach

53164457568_cab12f4c11.jpg

53147391983_a41a4d0cca.jpg

Last edited:
Being able to put the closed sign up, and pull the blinds down, on the Cobra Canteena.
2 adult snakes fed
2 juvenile snakes fed
1 Hedgehog fed
And me, fed.
And I never made a mistake with the various menu's.
That is always a bonus (y)

Being able to put the closed sign up, and pull the blinds down, on the Cobra Canteena.
2 adult snakes fed
2 juvenile snakes fed
1 Hedgehog fed
And me, fed.
And I never made a mistake with the various menu's.
That is always a bonus (y)
I don't want you to think that I have any problem with folk having snakes or spiders. It isn’t for me, but then neither are cats, dogs, mushrooms or sherbet. I kind of get that cats and dogs provide companionship and exercise - but snakes and spiders? Why?

but snakes and spiders? Why?
Because they don't need taking for a walk (y)
They just need a controlled environment, food and water.
And they can be left for a few days.

Not today but yesterday - oldest son very happy to find his Uni digs very much to his liking
At Sheffield to study Aerospace Engineering
Sheffield Uni 16.9.23.jpg

I just found this so funny. Today my wife and I with another couple went to a lovely restaurant..it's actually called 'Tea rooms,' for a roast lunch. The owner asked if we'd like a jug of water. They don't have an alcohol licence. I asked for two bottles of sparkling water.. one each for my wife and myself. He said he only had one but would get another. With that he went out to the Co-op few metres away and came back with a few bottles of sparkling water. Because they don't have a licence to sell alcohol people came in with their own bottle of wine.

We'll go back.It was the best lunch-time meal we've had. Several slices of roast beef a huge Yorkshire pudding and more veg than we could eat plus a bowl of cauliflower/cheese .The desserts..Bakewell tart,ice cream, blackberry/apple crumble with a jug of custard and a pancetta were huge. All home cooked. Cost ? £75. We'll be back very soon.

I always fire up the heating a few days in advance just in case ...
to my disappointment, I knew the water heating was working,
as for the heating, the lights were on, but no one was at home...
Fast forward a few days...

WCMUT? a sticking diverter valve stripped and cleaned for the price of a bottle of Vodka (y)

Last edited:
Stoli Elit or Lidl own brand? :p

Car passed MOT

&

My Servo motor is heading back to me after getting a passport and being better travelled than me!
Fingers crossed, the 4 tonne of scrap might be a working machine again tomorrow :D

Back