We could have had proof the earth is flat

I think the whole flat earth thing was just a publicity thing. He wanted to get to 5000ft. to "prove" his theory.

So, hire a small plane and a pilot.

There is an action group with thousands of members from all around the world who agree the world is flat! :)

its sad he's gone.The world needs mad eccentrics and he never really hurt anyone besides himself

There is an action group with thousands of members from all around the world who agree the world is flat! :)
How can so many people be that deluded? that said ithere are millions of people who believe In God’s, so a few loonies going on about how the earth is flat isn’t a problem.

It is an ill wind etc............... one less idiot in the world.

How can so many people be that deluded? that said ithere are millions of people who believe In God’s, so a few loonies going on about how the earth is flat isn’t a problem.

I could say that there are millions of people who don't believe in God so what's a few loonies... etc.

A friend of mine retired to Dungeness in Kent. He joined the Flat Earth Society and said that his job was to smooth out the pebbles on Dungeness "beach" to improve the flatness. Any pebbles sticking up had to be put into empty beer cans, of course he had to empty the beer cans first and after 6 years he is still on that part of the project.

I'm not sure if it's round or tubular...

curved.jpgtubed.jpg

Of course it's flat, it's held up by 4 elephants on the back of a giant turtle.
Well that's what Terry Pratchet said

I could say that there are millions of people who don't believe in God so what's a few loonies... etc.

You'll find there are more people who don't believe or have no interest ina god of any persuasion.
How are the congregation numbers doing in the UK? Or the West in general?
How many churches are still open?

I think the whole flat earth thing was just a publicity thing. He wanted to get to 5000ft. to "prove" his theory.

So, hire a small plane and a pilot.
From the Wikipedia page about him

Following Hughes' death, a public relations representative stated: "We used flat Earth as a PR stunt... Flat Earth allowed us to get so much publicity that we kept going! I know he didn’t believe in flat Earth and it was a schtick."

You'll find there are more people who don't believe or have no interest ina god of any persuasion.
How are the congregation numbers doing in the UK? Or the West in general?
How many churches are still open?

Yup - that a or what 'god(s)' exists really only depends on where you're born and in what century. I find it astounding that anyone with significant education can still believe in any of it

The Earth being flat is more believable as there's more truly scientific "evidence" for it - which is to say, NONE :D

Dave

We (re)discovered Maleme a couple of years back and visit it a couple of days each holiday. Not 100% sure of the name of the taverna we tend to base ourselves at - might be the Mythos. Good food, generous portions, friendly staff (but pretty much all the Cretan staff everywhere are friendly!) and free sunbeds. Snorkelling isn't so good along that beach but it's "far from the madding crowds" so suits us old farts! Next visit is just over 100 days away (unless the planet's on lockdown by then...)

We (re)discovered Maleme a couple of years back and visit it a couple of days each holiday. Not 100% sure of the name of the taverna we tend to base ourselves at - might be the Mythos. Good food, generous portions, friendly staff (but pretty much all the Cretan staff everywhere are friendly!) and free sunbeds. Snorkelling isn't so good along that beach but it's "far from the madding crowds" so suits us old farts! Next visit is just over 100 days away (unless the planet's on lockdown by then...)
Have you been to the German cemetery ? Really nice quite place, great couple of hrs just contemplating life.

No. I dislike cemeteries, especially war graves. Did visit the Allied one near Souda to try and find a friend's grandfather's grave but couldn't find it. I find them very depressing; so much wasted youth.

Back