Website advice

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
No
I would like some advice on how to improve my website or change it completely. Please have a look at www.colinspics.co.uk and tell me what you think.
I have seen some nice sites like IanC UK and David UK but I have no idea how to make a site like theirs.
Are there any guides available that show how it’s done?
Ps. I am a complete novice when it comes to websites.

if you dont mind me saying.......

apart from the title logo its good. i think webistes should be simple, and yours is :) but i also think that they should kinda have a theme/template to them so each page looks like its from that particular site. maybe consider trying that. also the rollover imgaes on the front page dont really do anything for me soz.

hope thats constructive :)

Can I ask how you made that site?

If you want to get serious about building a website that looks and behaves exactly how you want then you're going to need to put in a few weeks (probably months, if I'm honest) learning all the relevant languages (which are, in the order you should learn them - HTML, CSS and finally PHP & MySQL if you want dynamic stuff).

It's going to come down to a trade-off between the amount of free time you have available versus how technical you want to get about building your site.

If you have a look at my album (link at bottom of post) then that was done witha program called Jalbum. It's free, and very easy to use! I agree with noah to a degree. I think the titling on the main page doesn't look too smart. Generally the site doesn't look very cohesive. Great pictures though, so you've obviously got an eye for visual art stuff. Good webby shouldn't be too hard ;)

Back