Website critique

"Advice" not "advise" (contact page)

But, what is the purpose of the website? - pure vanity or are you putting forward a specific proposition and expecting clients? - without a purpose it's impossible to judge whether a website is fit-for-purpose.

"Advice" not "advise" (contact page)

But, what is the purpose of the website? - pure vanity or are you putting forward a specific proposition and expecting clients? - without a purpose it's impossible to judge whether a website is fit-for-purpose.

O thankyou for the pointer on the contact page.

The site is there for the sole purpose to display work and as the site states prints can be purchased. Im not looking to quit my job just to have somewhere to direct and one interested in my work

Ok, it seems generally ok for that purpose - nice and clean layout, lots of lovely photos and a consistent style/eye.

I'd question the value of a generic contact form - if it doesn't direct an enquiry any clearer than a standard email it's much better to give an email address instead. Or at the very least provide a direct email address alongside the contact form (it's much easier to use as clicking a mailto address won't need the sender to pointlessly fill in their own email address). No direct email address and no mobile phone number suggests you don't want to be contacted. Normally, 80% of deliberate website views (excluding bots/crawlers) are to find out how to contact you because they already know who you are. Ideally a phone number and email address should be prominent on the home page, and visible (but perhaps less prominent) on every other page.

A few small grammar issues -

Text at the bottom, thank you should be two words

about page, paragraph 2 line 2, 'that' should be 'what'
about page, paragraph 2 line 3 it should be 'too seriously'

I would advise stepping away from Wix, any site that has their branding on the site doesn't give a good impression. It really isn't expensive to move to a self-hosted site, I use WordPress. Less than a tenner for a domain name and as little as £6 a month for hosting and you have more flexibility than Wix. Their themes are really easy to edit too. Apart from that, the design is good, simple and to the point. However it isn't responsive - over half of internet users use mobile.

I would advise stepping away from Wix, any site that has their branding on the site doesn't give a good impression. It really isn't expensive to move to a self-hosted site, I use WordPress. Less than a tenner for a domain name and as little as £6 a month for hosting and you have more flexibility than Wix. Their themes are really easy to edit too. Apart from that, the design is good, simple and to the point. However it isn't responsive - over half of internet users use mobile.

Unfortunately i cannot justify paying for a site at the moment hence opting for a free site.

Back