Website Feedback(again)

PAS

Edit My Images
Yes
just looking for some more pointers to improve the site.

www.paspixx.com

cheers:D

i) Once you have clicked onany of the links on the first page, there no link back to that page

ii) The first page, track & events and links page could do with being a bit deeper, on my screen they appear as a small box at the top of the screen (19" running at 1280 x 1024) with a lot of empty space around it.

iii) Finally don't see any contact details on the site

Apart from that a nice functional web site

Tim

P.S. just noticed a contact link on the front page, see i) above

i) Once you have clicked onany of the links on the first page, there no link back to that page

ii) The first page, track & events and links page could do with being a bit deeper, on my screen they appear as a small box at the top of the screen (19" running at 1280 x 1024) with a lot of empty space around it.

iii) Finally don't see any contact details on the site

Apart from that a nice functional web site

Tim

P.S. just noticed a contact link on the front page, see i) above

thanks

1) added the link to the hompage again, it was the "PASpixx" at the top that was the link (as advised by someone else??)

2) thanks, was trying to find a compromise with size, it fills my 17" laptop screen, and wasnt wanting to much scrolling (was advised of that before??)

3) will get a full contacts page on soon, but there is a email address on the site just now.

The site is generally fine. A couple of points though...

1) Try not to capitalise text. It looks horrible!

2) Try not to underline anything (headings etc) unless it's a link - it's become second nature to click on anything underlined in a web page!

Oh, and (weather) permitting has 2 t's!

Cheers

Pixx...
If You Are Interested In Any Pictures, Please Get In Contact.
All Pictures In The Gallery Are Originals And Can Be Edited/Cropped On Request Before Printing
Pictures From All Previous Events Are Kept On Backup, If You Are Looking For Other Images

Why Does Each Word Start With A Capital Letter?

It would also read better as:

If you are interested in any of my pictures please contact me (that should be a link to the contact page).

All pictures in the gallery are originals and any processing you require such as editting or cropping can be completed before printing.

If you are looking for images from older events please contact me with your request and I will get back to you.

or something like that :)

The header is a bit dull and reminds me of 1990's style headers.

Tracks and Events page. As stated, remove underlined words and replace with bold, italic or increased size text. I would also see if you can turn the individual events into web links if that event has its own site. Good idea to add dates as well as the event names.

Ordering from your site at the moment is ok, but some sort of shopping basket would be better. Guessing your using wordpress, not sure what options are out there for that!

Your footer is too similar in colour to your back ground, i'd suggest making it a blue colour to match the header. Maybe try a gradiant on the colour as well :)

If you want a contact page made I am currently learning PHP & MySQL and have just learnt to make web forms that email themselves to you once completed, I am sure I could make a basic one for you to add :D

Thanks guys

have changed things as been advised, and will look into a contact form, and possibly online ordering.

im abit limited as to what i can do with the site, its been done on webs.com and is built off a template site.

(y)

any other improvements??:p

Never heard of webs.com before so checked over their site and they seem pretty poor tbh!

This made me chuckle:

What programming languages can I use?

Premium service customers can use CGI/Perl. However, this type of programming is not available for free account holders, nor do we support the use of MySQL, MSACCESS or PHP. You can, however, link to remote scripts from your website.

PHP and MySQL are pretty much standard needs for most modern websites, including things like interactive web forms. I am uncertain if they are referring to free accounts over paid for ones but it gives the impression its a blanket ban on php etc!

I'd suggest you look at moving your domain over to 000webhost.

A premium account with them is $59 a year, which beats webs $250. They allow unlimited bandwidth etc and are great.

anymore comments?:shrug:

Back