Workshop Wedding Photographer Course in the North West

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
No
I am very interested in attending a wedding photographer course in the north west. Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Harry. I am a enthusiastic amateur photographer at present.

North West as in Lancs/Cumbria?

You might be struggling to find one bud - but you need to be more specific too, do you mean shooting - as in a portfolio building day - or the business of how to be a Wedding tog?

I know someone who does the shooting side sometimes in the Lakes area, though I've no idea if he has anything planned there anytime soon, but there's no-one offering the business side up there I know of

Dave

Thank you Dave. I'm looking at both, possibly I will need to do more that one course. I am based near Chester. I am interested in building my portfolio but I am also interested in the business of running a wedding photography business and of course, gaining practical experiences.

Oh sorry I am based in Chester so the lakes is possibly a little far. I was thinking maybe Manchester or Liverpool.

Oh sorry I am based in Chester so the lakes is possibly a little far. I was thinking maybe Manchester or Liverpool.

That's just West lol

I believe Brett Harkness offers courses in that area, defo one of the UK's best Wedding togs though you'll not learn much 'business' from him as his model is massively different to most and he's been very successful for so long his journey may not be repeatable today. He also sells DVDs of how to shoot too, and these tend to be very good

The SWPP membershp may well be worth you considering too as they run a lot of courses at pretty discounted rates, mostly as there are more people on each course but that's rarely a problem IME

Have a look into both and see how you get on :)

Dave

I will have a look at your course and the Brett Harkness one but I do feel as his model is not for everyone. I did a course locally run by www.davidpaul.photography a couple of months ago which was excellent and it has inspired me to learn more and continue my photographic journey. When is your next course Dave?

I will have a look at your course and the Brett Harkness one but I do feel as his model is not for everyone. I did a course locally run by www.davidpaul.photography a couple of months ago which was excellent and it has inspired me to learn more and continue my photographic journey. When is your next course Dave?

I don't do Wedding shooting courses, just OCF portrait ones (which yes can be used at a Wedding too), and presently I'm only doing them as 1-2-1s or up to 3-2-1s if someone has a mate or two who wants to come along as well

My business courses are very much only 1-2-1s now, unless its a couple in partnership. My business course explains the value of understanding your market and identifying where you could fit, or break, into it and it focuses on my venue based marketing approach that's worked so well for my move to nearer the Lakes (possibly next year now), but can of course work anywhere; this strategy is not a fast way in, but it works well and is best suited to someone with a 1-2 year plan to leave work and move into being a Wedding Photographer, probably by being a 'Weekend Warrior' for some time too, which is both mentally & financially safer :)

And none of them I do in the Manc / Liverpool area! lol

I'm also too busy until mid Autumn to run any more of anything too so if you're wanting any help soon I'm afraid I can't help

Dave

Thank you for your help Dave. I feel OCF is not for me tbh; I know I'm a purely photojournalist photographer with obviously the occasional intervention such as family/bridal party shots. But for me I want to capture the raw emotion of the day.

Thank you for your help Dave. I feel OCF is not for me tbh; I know I'm a purely photojournalist photographer with obviously the occasional intervention such as family/bridal party shots. But for me I want to capture the raw emotion of the day.

Its great that you're defining yourself so early :)

OCF is something most add at some point for its wow factor, but then they do it badly and that's worse than not doing it at all lol

Dave

Back