Wedding Photography Lenses

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
which wedding lenses would people recommend for such shots as the portraits and the brides getting dressed and things!!

i have two for my nikon d40x

18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6 = for me it ok but during dark conditions, struggles and noise starts to creep in!

55-200mm f/4-5.6 = great for bright outdoor use and sports photography! but not for wedding stuff!! i like a lot of DOF field shots with the brides to give that dreamy shot

such as the nikkor 55mm f/1.8! can get for £100! worth a go??

which other lenses should i consider??

photodrew said:
which wedding lenses would people recommend for such shots as the portraits and the brides getting dressed and things!!

i have two for my nikon d40x

18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6 = for me it ok but during dark conditions, struggles and noise starts to creep in!

55-200mm f/4-5.6 = great for bright outdoor use and sports photography! but not for wedding stuff!! i like a lot of DOF field shots with the brides to give that dreamy shot

Bridal press you can use flash to assist which u normally do, so technically use any depending on the effect you want.

Sent from my HTC Desire using TP Forums

cheers for that! i am considering the one i mention on the f/1.8 as the A is just too small for like what people say a dark church! i dont wanna go around with a huge flash on top of my cam all the time and some churches can be funny with flash durring the ceremony! i would do a couple of test shots with the lights and asked for them to be turned up/down to your needs!

would anyone recommend a zoom lens around a f/2-3?? it probably pointless as my shots will require the tog to be close to them anyway unless it like the breakfast and looking for casual shots without been in the B&G faces every minute!

If you mean the 50mm 1.8, it won't auto focus on the D40X. You either need the more expensive of the two Nikkor 50mm 1.4s or Sigma 50mm 1.4.

Another option if you want a prime is the 35mm 1.8.

If you mean the 50mm 1.8, it won't auto focus on the D40X. You either need the more expensive of the two Nikkor 50mm 1.4s or Sigma 50mm 1.4.

Another option if you want a prime is the 35mm 1.8.

ye i read that on the nikon site forums! out of interest what would they prob set me back?? bout 250?? is it worth stepping up a stop??

more as a lead tog!! they cant afford much as the G was made redundant so im doing it them as a favour more than profession for £200! i sent them samples i casually took at my sis' wedding and they loved the little touches, and i wasnt even the lead tog!

seen a nice 50mm f1.8 D AF lens at warehouse express!

I wouldn't go down the route of buying a 50/1.8 to use on your D40x, manual focus at f/1.8 is pretty critical and you could miss shots.

Lenses for hire have a Sigma 50/1.4 for £30 a week to hire, that would focus on your body. And I'd recommend hiring a f/2.8 zoom of some description.

Back