'Well used' - experiences buying SH under this description

I have always but from MPB and Camera Jungle, either in good or like new condition. I bought a like new lens which clicked. It was returned and replaced without any problems.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

Anyone bought from WEX ?

Looking at a camera that they have listed as 9- but the description is scary !

'Camera body shows little use, the camera exhibits a few marks including marks to the screen protector, wear to the grips, light paint loss to the base screw, shining to the body edges, wear to the lens mount and light paint loss to the edges and marks to the ports. The sensor is clean and free of dust, marks and scratches. Shutter count is not available'

Anyone bought from WEX ?

'Camera body shows little use, the camera exhibits a few marks including marks to the screen protector, wear to the grips, light paint loss to the base screw, shining to the body edges, wear to the lens mount and light paint loss to the edges and marks to the ports. The sensor is clean and free of dust, marks and scratches. Shutter count is not available'

Their descriptions scare me too.

Anyone bought from WEX ?

If they class that as a 9- I'd hate to see a 7! :eek:

Sounds like they've just very accurately described a lightly used camera, it has signs of use where it's been held, put down and had lenses attached.

I'd be willing to bet it's in very good condition.

I usually buy the well used and heavily used items from Wex, MPB etc.

Never had a problem from the UK suppliers and the prices reflect the condition and your warranty is the same.

I had a terrible lens delivered by adorama to my us address, it was a NIkon 24mm that was wrecked to be honest, full refund so no problem.

My gear takes a beating as it is so I don't worry about the well used / heavily used items. I bought a used body from wex under a condition 8 I think and it was fine, I wouldn't hesitate on their lower grades - as long as you know it'll looked used!

I bought a Nikon 300mm F4 from MPB and most of the paint has rubbed off! Scratches to the front element etc. but it works great! and was super cheap. I called them to inform them that the lens cap was incorrect (it was shipping with a 77mm as opposed to 82mm) and they refunded £25! Not bad on a lens that was priced at £160 ;)

I usually buy the well used and heavily used items from Wex, MPB etc.

Never had a problem from the UK suppliers and the prices reflect the condition and your warranty is the same.

I had a terrible lens delivered by adorama to my us address, it was a NIkon 24mm that was wrecked to be honest, full refund so no problem.

My gear takes a beating as it is so I don't worry about the well used / heavily used items. I bought a used body from wex under a condition 8 I think and it was fine, I wouldn't hesitate on their lower grades - as long as you know it'll looked used!

I bought a Nikon 300mm F4 from MPB and most of the paint has rubbed off! Scratches to the front element etc. but it works great! and was super cheap. I called them to inform them that the lens cap was incorrect (it was shipping with a 77mm as opposed to 82mm) and they refunded £25! Not bad on a lens that was priced at £160 ;)

For anyone who never plans to sell on there will be some good bargains for sure. I think I would have taken the chance on the lens I was eyeing if they didn't mention moisture inside. It might be merely a touch of condensation that could be aired out but then on a weather resistant lens it shouldn't really happen to begin with.

For anyone who never plans to sell on there will be some good bargains for sure. I think I would have taken the chance on the lens I was eyeing if they didn't mention moisture inside. It might be merely a touch of condensation that could be aired out but then on a weather resistant lens it shouldn't really happen to begin with.

If there is a mention of moisture - i'd walk away. Not worth it in my opinion. MPB and the like give you a return period, it is limited, 7 days iirc (wex is longer) in the US, it's 30 days.

If there is a mention of moisture - i'd walk away. Not worth it in my opinion. MPB and the like give you a return period, it is limited, 7 days iirc (wex is longer) in the US, it's 30 days.

Should be covered under distance selling regs which gives 14 days for a return.

Should be covered under distance selling regs which gives 14 days for a return.

There's a thread in the MPB forum in the photo shopping/retailers section. Many have put it to them that they need to change their T&C but they have yet to still. I checked it just the other day when eyeing that lens.

Last edited:
Back