Westie Dog Seasonal Photo

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

My Niece made this wall decoration from leafs and ribbon I assume an idea from Pintrest, as she is addicted to the site and all things creative. Anyways she brought them down to our house along with the pumpkin and other leafs she had preserved somehow. With hair spray I think !
Oh, obviously brought the dog too along with some ghost fairy lights. She wanted to take some Halloweeny (not a real word) themed photos of Brodie. Off course I said you bring the gear and we can give it a go.
I have taken dog photos before, portraits really, Brodie's included as I've posted here before. That said building a little set and then expecting a dog to sit there and look at the camera is not easy at all :-(

Anyway this was the outcome.

Feedback Crit always welcomed.

Gaz
IMG_5724_pumpkin_1.jpg

IMG_5741.jpg

IMG_5744.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

You're a surprising man, Gary,
very well done! I love 1 and 2.

Really like these, and having done a fair bit of work with dogs I know how hard it can be.
Did you purposely place the pumpkin looking to the left, it works well with the dog looking slightly that way too

I love these! Well done Gaz

What a smasher ;)

We had a Westie for 15 lovely years and this little chap looks so much like him, lovely images (y)

We had a Westie for 15 lovely years and this little chap looks so much like him, lovely images (y)
Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for the compliment.
Awesome as ever Gaz. Lighting looks spot on as does your processing. We lost ours earlier this year, this is a great reminder of what a character she was.
Hi Dave. Sorry you lost your friend too. Thanks for the feedback.

Gaz

These are fantastic, a great keepsake too. Well done!

Really like these - lovely little model and the lighting is spot on imo.

Really like these - lovely little model and the lighting is spot on imo.
Thanks Fi. I was happy to come away with some images from this. As in the past I have always been in control eg.......... Subject/dog would be sat/stood in a certain spot and normally no props. So I would set my speedlight up beforehand and practice.On this occasion I did not do that and just went with what she brought down with her.When changing to the ghost light set up I thought I'd fluff that too. As although I knew the principle in getting them to show, doing it on the fly was a new thing for me.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Back