Westminster tube station

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Edit: Added one more which I think is a better view from the first spot and with more processing (for better or worse!)

A few on passing through the tube station tonight. Can't really decide if I like them or not but the station was empty so seemed a shame not to try :)

Any thoughts welcome & apologies in advance for my novice black and white processing!

1. Deserted by Mike Smedley, on Flickr

2. Undergrowth by Mike Smedley, on Flickr

3. Infrastructure by Mike Smedley, on Flickr

4. Tube tree by Mike Smedley, on Flickr

Last edited:
Shot 1 looks a little bit underexposed for my liking; shot 3 is my favourite of the set.

I like 3, Westminster Tube has always fascinated me, the industrial feel of the design right under the city.

Thanks for the comments - I think there are some good shots in there that I haven't found so will go back again sometime :)

Nice work. I used to change tube at Westminster every day, so it's nice to see some pictures of it.

I quite like number 2 personally.

Number 3 for me

Westminster tube is great, steel and concrete modern architecture. You've captured a good feel of the place, good composition, but I think the processing could use a little more impact

Definitely number 3. Love the shadows on the ground.

Interesting station, some nice shots. #3 is my fav.

Cool shots, number 2 it is for me. I love this station and I've never really noticed it until now, but it reminds me of the war room from Dr Strangelove!

3+4 for me, 4 edges it, treatment and composition are spot on. (y)

Back