Weston Beach Race - Sunday.

Edit My Images
Yes
Back to Weston Beach Race today for the main event, covered of spec for the paper. Rain, rain and more rain. Still, all good fun. Some pics to bore you with. I think these guys who were jumping artic lorries must have gone 60 foot up!

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY9.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY12.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY1.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY13.jpg

Onto the race...some serious racing over three hours of Enduro style racing. Plenty of K.O's and in one image below the marshall can be seen dragging an unconcious rider from the track after going over the handle bars which I missed as my back was turned!!!!!

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY15.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY25.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY27.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY28.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY24.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY30.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY29.jpg

UNi_PTWBR06_SUNDAY35.jpg

Stunning set as ever - always a pleasure to view your postings Diego - something to aim for - they're all great but the penultimate shot stands out for me.

good stuff, horrible sky.(y)

Penultimate one for me, too - I would have liked to have seen more like this ~ wider shots of the whole event. Concentrating on the riders is good, but in the first few for example, there's no sense of scale. You say they were jumping over arctic lorries - lets see that!

Penultimate one for me, too - I would have liked to have seen more like this ~ wider shots of the whole event. Concentrating on the riders is good, but in the first few for example, there's no sense of scale. You say they were jumping over arctic lorries - lets see that!

Yep. I am aware of that. I did get some more scale stuff but I only took the prime yesterday as was awful weather and did not fancy carrying two bodies, spare lens etc.

It is a valid point - though the paper did not want the ambience just action, individuals and stunts!

Another great set. Loving the ones of those chaps getting bogged down in the sand (mud, lol)

great shots, minging weather

youve done a great job of catching the airs. must've been hard to meter with such a bright sky.

i like the sand ones too, got a good sense of the grit.

youve done a great job of catching the airs. must've been hard to meter with such a bright sky.

i like the sand ones too, got a good sense of the grit.

Yeah. I think I went to spot and got what I could but I did tweak the levels slightly.

Yeah. I think I went to spot and got what I could but I did tweak the levels slightly.
Wee tip Diego, for jump shots where the background is predominantly sky go to centre weighted or, preferably, partial. Spot can cause as many problems as matrix if it happens to meter on reflections coming off breast plates etc.

Wee tip Diego, for jump shots where the background is predominantly sky go to centre weighted or, preferably, partial. Spot can cause as many problems as matrix if it happens to meter on reflections coming off breast plates etc.

Thanks mate. Noted. (y)

Back