WEX excellent service

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
On Saturday I ordered a wide angle Sigma lens from WEX for delivery on Sunday - it duly arrived early Sunday morning.
After a brief test I realised that it wasn't really for me so Monday morning I filled out a returns request on the WEX website, (nightmare customer!).
Within the hour I had received a response and the returns form to put in with the returned lens, there was also an offer to arrange collection or supply return labels, (at cost).
It was in the Post Office before lunchtime and arrived with WEX this morning ... I know because they emailed me to let me know.
Within the hour I got another email to say that my refund had been approved and shortly thereafter an email from Paypal to show the refund ... including the Sunday delivery postage I had paid!
Great service WEX. (y)

That's really good to hear - I've had very good service from them too. :)

If more companies were to behave this way, it would go a long way to pulling customers back from Amazon (who I use a lot and would rather not).

Happy to hear that as I had an interaction with them lately wanting to dispose of a lens I had sent it to trade. There was nothing wrong with it IMO so I asked them to return it, which they did with no fuss. The lens is fine as far as I can tell and I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt as I've always had good experiences with them.

It was an odd experience but I wouldn't have written WEX off over it and now hearing you've had a good experience Roger has increased my faith in them. (y)

My experience with them has been limited to asking for a quote for selling two lenses on separate occasions.
Both times they didn't even reply.
Camera Jungle and Mpb gave quotes very quickly and the sales were completed quickly.
Needless to say they are off my buying and selling list.

A couple of years ago WEX gave me a price for my Nikon TE III X2 converter. I described it accurately and they gave me a price I was happy with. A few days after sending it, I recieved an email stating that the converter was as described and gave me 10% more than their initial valuation. I have bought several items from them and have no complaints.

Had another lens due from WEX today, (Sat delivery paid), arrived at Parcelforce just after midnight ... no delivery today, not happy with Parcelforce. :mad:
Can't fault WEX though, excellent service.

I love to deal with WEX no silly excuses - great customer service too

Les :)

I love to deal with WEX no silly excuses - great customer service too

Les :)
Yes can't fault it so far ... wonder if Parcelforce will deliver a day late today or if it will be Monday or beyond now? :(

I would say Monday sadly Roger :(
At least it's pouring with rain at the moment so probably wouldn't be using it anyway but very annoying to pay for a service and not get it.

Ive bought lots off Wex in the past. I’ve complained to them several times (over several years) about Parcelforce but they do nothing about changing.
I buy little from them these days after what I thought was an attempt to claim my trade in was faulty in the expectation they could drum up business for Fixation (who they own).

Contact Wex customer service and they'll very probably refund your Saturday delivery payment.

Yes I did do that and they said they would refund the payment, it's now showing as out for delivery today.
I really can't fault WEX in any of the dealings I have had with them, they can't control couriers and when I made a lens return last time (just didn't suit) they even refunded my delivery charge, which was a pleasant surprise.

My experience with them has been limited to asking for a quote for selling two lenses on separate occasions.
Both times they didn't even reply.
Camera Jungle and Mpb gave quotes very quickly and the sales were completed quickly.
Needless to say they are off my buying and selling list.
Not sure how long ago you tried to trade in with them but it’s now a web form with instant reply similar to MPB.

Personally I’ve had no trouble with trade in with them. Traded in a Nikon 200-400 and they upped the condition from ‘excellent’ to ‘as new’ as they thought I’d under described it. That meant they paid me more for it. The only thing that stops me trading in with them is their ‘cash trade in’ list is quite small.

I’ve bought new from them several times too. Never been able to fault their service either in store or online. They’ve just opened a new store near me which is great as my previous nearest stores were in Watford, Cambridge and Leamington Spa.

Back